Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

So what do you all do?

Reactions
I am an Experience Designer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edified

Reactions
You're the first doctor I know without a Mercedes... ... And my wife just graduated and we don't drive foreign cars.
Hope you won't think any less of me if I tell you my previous car before the ST was a BMW. ;)

Blackssr

Reactions
Hope you won't think any less of me if I tell you my previous car before the ST was a BMW. ;)
You're a doctor you do no wrong in my eyes..I watched my wife struggle to get through Med School. It is not an easy task by any means. I'm an electrical engineer and it was a joke compared to her schooling and yours I'm sure. I don't care what you drive, you save lives. You have my respect for what you've accomplished. Kudos, and thank you for the people you will help in the future.

Last edited:

Blackssr

Reactions
Was it a M series at least? I have a Killsheet of M series bimmers that I took out with my Hellcats. The look on their face when my Jeep Trackhawk destroyed them at launch was priceless. Lol

On the flip side of the coin, I'm sure there's a Tesla owner with a P100D that has a Killsheet of Hellcats he took out. The wife and I being victims in both our Hellcats. Even with our tunes and 800 horsepower those P100Ds are a handful on the street and the strip. The bottom end on those cars is truly remarkable. The only thing is, they are all butt ass ugly and look like a car designed for an 80 year old guy who brings it to the golf course on a Sunday morning and his imbecile wife brings it to the gas station to fill it up during the week. . But damn they are fast coming out of the hole. The wife and I both have bruised egos from being b**** slapped by P100Ds..

You might enjoy this video. The Lamborghini Urus verses P100D. I think this is the first time I've seen a Tesla lose on the drag strip. The Urus launches hard in these videos. It makes all of its power (640+ hp) at 2,200 RPM. Lamborghini definitely designed this car to show Tesla that the ICE is not dead just yet. When I look how ugly the Tesla is compared to how beautiful the lambo is it is evident Musk needs to fire all his design engineers. They must be blind or failed art school. Every single Tesla is so ugly and boring. The Lambo is a work of art.

Last edited:
Reactions
Denver is a far cry from Dubai. I lived in Dubai and commuted for 14 years. I loved the culture and the people. My first wife not so much. She hated being a second class citizen and wearing the Burqa/Burka. She was natural blond with green eyes so she stood out big time. The money was too good so she tolerated it. Best woman I have had the pleasure of knowing until I screwed it up :-(. She hates me now... I deserve it, damn younger women. LOL.
How freakin' hot is Dubai in July? If hell on earth is a place, it is Dubai in July. I just sold my flat in Dubai two years ago. I owned it nearly 20 years. The real estate resale prices are insane. It was time. Big $$$$$$$$$. After the sale, we jumped a flight to Kathmandu and hiked to Base Camp 2 on Mount Everest. (Took us 2 weeks). Fun even though the altitude sickness was horrible but a memorable trip non the less.
Lived in the Princess Tower across from the Palm. It was a great experience and traveled the area extensively. There were many things I didn't like- labor laws that effectively created a caste system. Sure did love seeing all those beautiful vehicles though!!!

Blackssr

Reactions
Lived in the Princess Tower across from the Palm. It was a great experience and traveled the area extensively. There were many things I didn't like- labor laws that effectively created a caste system. Sure did love seeing all those beautiful vehicles though!!!
How about all the Lambos on the side of the road on the way to Jabel Ali..

Blackssr

Reactions
My company car was an Explorer, didn't quite match up...
We had a bulletproof Mercedes with a chauffeured driver from Inchcape shipping. We were DOD contractors and Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein wanted us dead. Too bad boys, you guys lost, now burn in hell... Allah Akbar.... My ass. Oh fun times...

jweakley

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Retired company attorney and risk manager. Somewhere on this forum I saw an average age ST owner post, which put most owners in 40’s. I’m 76, and I still enjoy sport over luxury-comfort. I chose my 2021 ST over Audi Q8, Jag F-Pace, Porsche Cayenne, etc.

Norvgen

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
Retired Teamster local 174. Been retired 20 years from Boeing.

Reactions
As a fellow MD, i'm interested to know what BMW you had and why you chose to move to the ST? I looked at BMW's before I bought the ST but found the price difference hard to swallow given the similar performance.

WhtST

Reactions
Im an electrical engineer for almost 20 years now. Where does the time go???

Blackssr

Reactions
Im an electrical engineer for almost 20 years now. Where does the time go???
I ask myself that all the time.
"All the money in the world can't buy time" My father use to say.

He also use to say: "The more money you have, the younger the girlfriend you could have"

I never "got it" until I got older myself (51).

Last edited:
Reactions
Retired company attorney and risk manager. Somewhere on this forum I saw an average age ST owner post, which put most owners in 40’s. I’m 76, and I still enjoy sport over luxury-comfort. I chose my 2021 ST over Audi Q8, Jag F-Pace, Porsche Cayenne, etc.
What type of company did you do risk management for?

I am on the insurance brokerage side (but also an attorney by trade). Chasing the money on the brokerage side, but have always considered jumping into risk management if I want a change of scenery.

Edified

Reactions
As a fellow MD, i'm interested to know what BMW you had and why you chose to move to the ST? I looked at BMW's before I bought the ST but found the price difference hard to swallow given the similar performance.
Had a 2010 535xi. Decided to go ST because my family got bigger (SUV now a must) but still wanted something fun to drive with some convenience features. As a midwesterner with hobbies, my "must haves" where: heated seats and steering wheel, remote start, AWD, tow hitch, part-time 3rd row, a sporty stance and an engine with some gitty-up.

Yes, HUGE price difference for what the equivalently featured x5, x5m, or x7 would have cost.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
You wanna compare brainpans? I won the Westinghouse prize when I was 12, big deal. Published at 19, so what? I got a double doctorate from MIT at 22, Chemistry and Geology. I taught at Princeton for two and a half years.

DoingOK

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
I got 2nd place in the kite building/flying contest in 3rd grade. Still have the red ribbon. ;)

Last edited: