Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

So what do you all do?

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Thanks everybody

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I'am glad to be retired. However it was much like it is now back in 1970 when I started.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Yes it got better. Now it is going to have to go full circle again.

2manycars4me

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Durango SRT Hellcat
Retired in 04 from the USN, working at Alcoa as a Smelting Maintenance Manager. Ready to pull the plug on the second retirement shortly.

Reactions
Recently sold my business and retired, I guess. Trying to figure that out.

My user name will tell you the business name that I sold.

My background is primarily in the motorcycle/motocross industry, but I have worked in almost every field it seems.

motormac

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
That's my favorite plane. I traveled Air Malaysia on the triple 7 from New Jersey to Dubai non stop business class once a month for 7 years. Best plane in the sky at the time. Where do you think air Malaysia flight 370 eventually ended up? I was hoping that it would have been located on a tarmac somewhere being help captive instead of the bottom of the Indian Ocean. Those poor passengers and crew. RIP. I read that the pilot was troubled and it was a possible suicide and he took the plane down with him. Any insight?
A couple of years ago, a wing panel was found on a beach, that has the serial number of the aircraft.
MH370: officials say piece of aircraft wing found on Mauritius is from missing plane. A piece of an aircraft wing found on the Indian Ocean island of Mauritius has been identified as belonging to missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, Malaysian and Australian officials said Friday.Oct 7, 2016

Cruiser133

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I am a Lieutenant with Columbus Police. 24 years on and I enter DROP next year. Cant wait to retire and drink myself silly under a palm tree in sunny Florida like pretty much everybody else in my profession. LOL

Last edited:
Reactions
Sales Consultant for a local Ford dealership!

LTR COLA

Reactions
Lol, I own a small non union plumbing company in the Seattle area, mostly residential with light commercial T.I.'s. Its paid the the bills i cant complain. And even though I'm residential, I also am not the one to call to unclog a toilet. Lol. Leave that to the drain cleaners.

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Born with gasoline and oil in my blood. Grew up with a Dad heavy into hot rods, drag racing, aircraft mechanics, and motorcycles. Active Duty in the USAF as Heavy Bombers avionics systems, manual and automatic flight controls, and cockpit instrument systems technician in the Strategic Air Command (SAC). Moved on to Aircraft Manager at HQ Air Combat Command (ACC). Retired after 28 years to Engineering Services contractor for Heavy Bombers for the AFMC Systems Program Office (SPO), then to Systems Engineer at The Boeing Company, military aircraft division. Still hold FAA Airframe and Power Plant mechanics certificate along with several specific legacy avionics systems (mixed analog-digital) certificates.

Basically your average redneck southern boy who has enjoyed a life of adventure and accomplishment. You know, like dropping bombs, breaking things, and killing people...

Reactions
OEM Account Manager for one of the largest automation, robotics, power, and electrical equipment manufacturers in the world. BS in Mechanical Engineering. A bit of investing and options trading on the side, did it before WSB was all over the news. Sold NIO stock to buy my ST!

OK ST

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Own and operate a small HVAC Test & Balance/Commissioning firm. Still a ways off from retirement, looking forward to it daily because the industry is getting worse by the day. No craftsmen in the trades these days that really enjoy and hone their craft. It's all about get it done, get paid and move on down the road.

ST Dad

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I work in the Security/Fingerprinting office here on Fort Knox as a civilian employee, Retired from the Army in 2012.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Retired after 44 years in law enforcement

Reactions
I own a Home Reno company and for fun, build custom home theater subwoofers. I have been building/testing subwoofers for over 20 years from piles of different manufacturers.
Home Theater is what Iove! but its very Niche here. The reno company does well enough that I can play with my toys whenever I want to lol.

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
I'm a union steel worker, 22 years so far. No, I'm not the guy that climbs the steel and walks the beams, those are iron workers. We actually make the steel. I'm not directly involved in the production aspect anymore, haven't been since 2008. I'm an electrical maintenance technician now. We do everything from fixing the machinery that makes and processes the steel to just change lightbulbs. And we deal with as little as 4-20 mV instrumentation circuits to 11,500 volt transformers. I make a good buck doing what I do. I won't say exactly how much, but it is low six figures.

Back in the late eighties/early nineties I was a machinist mate in the U S Navy on board the USS Barbey FF-1088. We were actually in the Persian Gulf the day that A-hole invaded Kuwait, August 2nd, 1990. I'll remember that day for the rest of my life.

Last edited: