Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

So what do you all do?

Blackssr

Reactions
Anesthesiologist. Prior to medicine I was a paramedic for a few years.
My wife just graduated she's an oncologist now. In her residency.

Blackssr

Reactions
Currently serving still, can’t fully disclose as to what I do for the USN. Very thankful for what this experience has been giving me. View attachment 3738
Be safe and thank you for your service. Is that the Pacific or the Atlantic?

Blackssr

Reactions
18 years at T-Mobile....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
So.... You have seen cell service bills go from $200-300 per month to a flat fee of 30 bucks per month.. hahahah... I wish car payments dropped the way.

Reactions
So.... You have seen cell service bills go from $200-300 per month to a flat fee of 30 bucks per month.. hahahah... I wish car payments dropped the way.
I sure have lol and yeah totally agree. The ST payment was no joke so had to put more money down to keep the lights on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackssr

Reactions
I sure have lol and yeah totally agree. The ST payment was no joke so had to put more money down to keep the lights on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If memory serves.. My first cell phone bills were with Cellular One and were about $ 800.00 per month. The roaming charges killed me. I lived in New York at the time but travelled to Naval Bases in Virginia and San Diego. The phone was the size of a shoe box. Then I purchased the Motorola Brick and the famous Nokia Chrome slide, it was so small and was the coolest phone. I had that phone 1 year before it even hit the states. I purchased in Dubai for $ 800 us. Now I use a Note 10 and hate cell phones. hahaha.

Reactions
If memory serves.. My first cell phone bills were with Cellular One and were about $ 800.00 per month. The roaming charges killed me. I lived in New York at the time but travelled to Naval Bases in Virginia and San Diego. The phone was the size of a shoe box. Then I purchased the Motorola Brick and the famous Nokia Chrome slide, it was so small and was the coolest phone. I had that phone 1 year before it even hit the states. I purchased in Dubai for $ 800 us. Now I use a Note 10 and hate cell phones. hahaha.
Lol I was the cool kid with the Nokia whatever it was from Cell One at 18. It’s weird to think about how people would look at you sideways if your phone started ringing and you pulled one out of your pocket like wtf?! My bills were out of control too. Like a $1 a minute if I recall.

PostmanRP

Reactions
Mailman, I bring some of your go fast parts :LOL:(y)

Reactions
Wow, awesome array of careers here for sure. I work for an oilfield service company in sales and operations. While in Denver now, we have lived in China, Indonesia, Dubai and Houston. Used to cover the Far East and Middle East. Love living in Denver and hope to stay here for the duration!

Reactions
Network Engineer for a cloud computing company.

Blackssr

Reactions
Wow, awesome array of careers here for sure. I work for an oilfield service company in sales and operations. While in Denver now, we have lived in China, Indonesia, Dubai and Houston. Used to cover the Far East and Middle East. Love living in Denver and hope to stay here for the duration!
Denver is a far cry from Dubai. I lived in Dubai and commuted for 14 years. I loved the culture and the people. My first wife not so much. She hated being a second class citizen and wearing the Burqa/Burka. She was natural blond with green eyes so she stood out big time. The money was too good so she tolerated it. Best woman I have had the pleasure of knowing until I screwed it up :-(. She hates me now... I deserve it, damn younger women. LOL.
How freakin' hot is Dubai in July? If hell on earth is a place, it is Dubai in July. I just sold my flat in Dubai two years ago. I owned it nearly 20 years. The real estate resale prices are insane. It was time. Big $$$$$$$$$. After the sale, we jumped a flight to Kathmandu and hiked to Base Camp 2 on Mount Everest. (Took us 2 weeks). Fun even though the altitude sickness was horrible but a memorable trip non the less.

Last edited:

Blackssr

Reactions
Mailman, I bring some of your go fast parts :LOL:(y)
I love the mailman... I love you man. You bring my packages every single day. It is like Christmas in Jewish dominated Boca Raton. LOL

Reactions
I am a Veterinarian, my ST is full of dog and cat hair...but that's okay because my dog or cat comes to work with me several times a week. I bring some pets to the clinic when needed and I drop off peoples pets.dog food and medications to my clients that can't get out of the house. Having an awesome ride makes it even more enjoyable. It's a utility vehicle that likes to masquerade as a sports car!