Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Installed Livernois Tune

Reactions
LMS released a new revision to their tunes for the ST, they are calling it Stage 4. They used to call them Versions. Stage 4 is confusing... it should be V4.

Here is the YT Video discussing it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
The stage 4 part really is confusing, I appreciate the info and the video! I updated my device the other day and saw it grabbed the v4 file from the looks of it. I'll have to throw that on for the 700+ mile drive I have today! I wish there was an easy way to find out when they release versions and also some info on what changed. I had a COBB tuner in my Focus ST and they were great about that stuff.

Reactions
After 10.5 hours of driving today with the V4 tune installed it's better and feels more powerful without a doubt. I foresee upgrading the IC in the future for sure.

Reactions
Nice! glad to see them updating their tunes to stay competitive. Will update mine asap. This is getting closer to where ZFG was at. I'll take it - this'll give you 500 at the crank and nearly 600 tq!

Reactions
After 10.5 hours of driving today with the V4 tune installed it's better and feels more powerful without a doubt. I foresee upgrading the IC in the future for sure.
The v4 is denoted by the "v4" in the file name right? I just plugged in my calibrator, and updated the device, now I see 91-93PERv4_CALID_CS.bin . Just making sure thats the new one. Nice of Livernois to automatically add it for us instead of going through the whole re-tune process again.

Reactions
The v4 is denoted by the "v4" in the file name right? I just plugged in my calibrator, and updated the device, now I see 91-93PERv4_CALID_CS.bin . Just making sure thats the new one. Nice of Livernois to automatically add it for us instead of going through the whole re-tune process again.
I didn't ask them, but that is my assumption on the v4 part of the filename

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I don't think any and all tunes are uploaded to your device automatically. Others have reported getting a firm shifting and a softer version of the performance tune. I never got the softer version. The video says you have to make a tune request to specifically ask for that. It never hurts to just log in to their website and open a ticket to request the new "stage 4". It could be the newest version of their tune or a separate add-on tune for those wanting to go further. Not clear from the video.

Reactions
You are right, they commented on the video saying:

You would need to request it as you did the original tune, this is a special calibration that must specifically be requested

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Just got the "stage 4" on my device after request. File name ends with "9193perSTG4_V5_conv.bin"

Reactions
Just got the "stage 4" on my device after request. File name ends with "9193perSTG4_V5_conv.bin"
ah ok, that's good to know. I'll have to get a request in and get the updated file. There must have been something they updated on the other files then by chance as well! lol

LokiWolf

Reactions
View attachment 4215 Could not launch as hard as I wanted because of spinning. It snowed here last night and salt was still on roads. Around 2000/2100 rpm instead of 2500ish. Could not do any real 1/4 mile due to traffic. Best I got was 12.51 with letting off at the very very top.
Had any better weather? Really curious on a good launch how this new version does?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
View attachment 4215 Could not launch as hard as I wanted because of spinning. It snowed here last night and salt was still on roads. Around 2000/2100 rpm instead of 2500ish. Could not do any real 1/4 mile due to traffic. Best I got was 11.51 with letting off at the very very top.
View attachment 4215 Could not launch as hard as I wanted because of spinning. It snowed here last night and salt was still on roads. Around 2000/2100 rpm instead of 2500ish. Could not do any real 1/4 mile due to traffic. Best I got was 11.51 with letting off at the very very top.
Great numbers but anyone going to factor in the crazy good DA? I would be really curious to see benched results on a level playing field across all tunes.

PS -- yes, very envious with mile high air here in Denver....

Reactions
I got the Stage 4 tune today and just loaded it on the vehicle a little while ago. Tomorrow will be a good test with another 700+ mile trip back home! I loaded the regular performance tune, I hope the shifts get a bit better as it feels like the shifts "lurch" into gear rather than really shift (hard to explain). I did get the softer shift version of stage 4 as well if I don't like this one.

Sanscritt

Reactions
I have the LMS stage 4 tune, really like it. I only paid $20 for tuner and tunes lol, had it for my F150 so all I had to do was send it in to get set up for the ST. It is def worth it, have not tried other tunes, but ST accelerates well and shifts great now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
I got the Stage 4 tune today and just loaded it on the vehicle a little while ago. Tomorrow will be a good test with another 700+ mile trip back home! I loaded the regular performance tune, I hope the shifts get a bit better as it feels like the shifts "lurch" into gear rather than really shift (hard to explain). I did get the softer shift version of stage 4 as well if I don't like this one.

Any updates after a week or so?

Reactions
Any updates after a week or so?
I ended up putting the softer shift tune on just yesterday. Even after 800+ miles I didn't like the 1-2 & 2-3 shifts from the regular performance tune, it felt to me like it's still trying to do torque management for a smooth shift, then drops into gear. Sport mode felt WAY better, I don't understand why the "normal" mode shifts can't be more like sport.

amaisonet

Reactions
Had any better weather? Really curious on a good launch how this new version does?

Sorry not to active on here, But yes better weather is here in CT.

I'll upload new results in a week or two after I change the oil in it.

LokiWolf

Reactions
Sorry not to active on here, But yes better weather is here in CT.

I'll upload new results in a week or two after I change the oil in it.
All good...

Blevins

Reactions
What is your 8th and 1/4 mile et and mph now with the V4 from LMS? Also any new 0-60 times?

Reactions
Been running the V4 tune for a few weeks, and enjoying it. I had to update to the latest stock tune first before updating. The car feels much better overall, not sure if they changed transmission tuning, but it feels like its in the gear that I usually expect it to be in, and it downshifts quickly when you want it to. I think before there was some hunting/hesitation in general. Pulls harder and power comes on quicker for sure! Props to Livernois for delivering a quality tune, this one deserves to be up there with the best I feel. Maybe slightly less power than ZFG, but I don't mind if its more reliable.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Been running the V4 tune for a few weeks, and enjoying it. I had to update to the latest stock tune first before updating. The car feels much better overall, not sure if they changed transmission tuning, but it feels like its in the gear that I usually expect it to be in, and it downshifts quickly when you want it to. I think before there was some hunting/hesitation in general. Pulls harder and power comes on quicker for sure! Props to Livernois for delivering a quality tune, this one deserves to be up there with the best I feel. Maybe slightly less power than ZFG, but I don't mind if its more reliable.
There have been zero reliability issues with ZFG.