Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Installed Livernois Tune

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Anyone with the Livernois tune disappointed that the gear is not displayed when driving in auto--just lists "D". Other tuners seem to be able to do this. I put in a ticket with Livernois to ask if it can be done.

OP
G
Reactions
Thread Starter #22
Doesn't bother me, mostly because I don't really care what gear I'm in since I let it do the shifting anyway, but I guess it would be "cool" to see.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Doesn't bother me, mostly because I don't really care what gear I'm in since I let it do the shifting anyway, but I guess it would be "cool" to see.
I think it's helpful to know the gear I'm in if I want to decide whether I should downshift one or two gears. Normal mode will try to cruise in a higher gear than Sport mode for instance.

To my disappointment, Livernois responded back to my ticket to say they can't do it with their tune and might be able to be done with Forscan. If that was the case, how are other tuners doing it?

LokiWolf

Reactions
I think it's helpful to know the gear I'm in if I want to decide whether I should downshift one or two gears. Normal mode will try to cruise in a higher gear than Sport mode for instance.

To my disappointment, Livernois responded back to my ticket to say they can't do it with their tune and might be able to be done with Forscan. If that was the case, how are other tuners doing it?
Yet another limitation of LMS. They can do it if they dig, they just have to be willing. This is the issue I always see with LMS. Good tune, but getting changes and improvements is a pain.

I get the gear number next to the D in Normal mode and in then center of the right side in Sport. Love It! HPTuners platform gives that control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
yeah that's great alright. especially in sport mode where the gear display is so large.... what a waste to display "D"

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
yeah that's great alright. especially in sport mode where the gear display is so large.... what a waste to display "D"
I also like the fact that I can email Adam directly with ZFG Racing and get a very quick response. I am in Germany and his customer service has been top notch. No tickets to submit, just an email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions

5 star sent me updated calibrations that show the gear your in right behind the "M" in normal mode
Not sure why Livernois can't do the same

Reactions
LMS has terrible CS and are lucky to still be in business given their reputation lately.

LokiWolf

Reactions
5 star sent me updated calibrations that show the gear your in right behind the "M" in normal mode
Not sure why Livernois can't do the same
Just for clarity, it is not the Tuner that gives the ability, but the tuning platform. I assume you are using a NGuage. HPTuners is that platform.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
Just for clarity, it is not the Tuner that gives the ability, but the tuning platform. I assume you are using a NGuage. HPTuners is that platform.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Yup
Using the N-Gauge

OP
G
Reactions
Thread Starter #31
Anyone see the YouTube vid released today for the "stage 4" livernois calibration? I requested the tune tonight assume I'll have it back within a day or two.

LokiWolf

Reactions
Anyone see the YouTube vid released today for the "stage 4" livernois calibration? I requested the tune tonight assume I'll have it back within a day or two.
Gained 13HP, that is all...

Math...

If you want to get into numbers let’s discuss the baseline in the new vs old...the new baseline has 11HP more. The differential in peak for new tune is 76.89...the old tune is 63.58. So peak difference is only 13.31...

Also for comparison ZFG was 108.51 Peak gain...on HP.

OP
G
Reactions
Thread Starter #33
Gained 13HP, that is all...

Math...

If you want to get into numbers let’s discuss the baseline in the new vs old...the new baseline has 11HP more. The differential in peak for new tune is 76.89...the old tune is 63.58. So peak difference is only 13.31...

Also for comparison ZFG was 108.51 Peak gain...on HP.

Wasn't trying to start a debate there big dog, I already have the tune and wanted to discuss it with others. Don't worry, yours is still the bestest tune ever.

LokiWolf

Reactions
Wasn't trying to start a debate there big dog, I already have the tune and wanted to discuss it with others. Don't worry, yours is still the bestest tune ever.
Just clarifying the numbers...don’t get defensive there buddy...

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Yet another limitation of LMS. They can do it if they dig, they just have to be willing. This is the issue I always see with LMS. Good tune, but getting changes and improvements is a pain.

I get the gear number next to the D in Normal mode and in then center of the right side in Sport. Love It! HPTuners platform gives that control.

This is an option (included with price) for the PBD tunes, too; as well as option to disable auto stop / start.

Reactions
This is an option (included with price) for the PBD tunes, too; as well as option to disable auto stop / start.
I just installed the Livernois tune the other day and auto stop start is disabled (can't even turn it on LOL). I haven't put many miles on it yet, but the shifts in Normal are really odd, really hope that it learns and those get better. They sent a tune with "soft shifts" as well, I might need to try that if I don't like this after a little time.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Yeah, just wait until the trans relearns. I think the shifting (once warmed up) is great and I use Normal most of the time. I reverted to stock in anticipation of getting some modules updated and the stock shifting doesn't compare.

Reactions
Yeah, just wait until the trans relearns. I think the shifting (once warmed up) is great and I use Normal most of the time. I reverted to stock in anticipation of getting some modules updated and the stock shifting doesn't compare.
Thanks for the input, I'll give it a bit longer and see... the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts are more "harsh" than the other gear changes in normal mode.

Bocian77

Reactions
Hey I was just wondering how are you finding that revised tune from Livernois? Thanks.

OP
G
Reactions
Thread Starter #40
Hey I was just wondering how are you finding that revised tune from Livernois? Thanks.
So I installed it yesterday, so far so good, but I haven't been able to really step on it because it's been a bit snowy here. They instructed me to install a revised stock tune first and then the stage 4.....why I have no idea but I will say it seemed to cure my rough shifting issue which was my only gripe before, but I wasn't sure if it was the tune or the car.