Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Installed Livernois Tune

LokiWolf

Reactions
I erased the darn run messing with the draggy today like a moron as i had a bunch of bogus runs on there from driving down the road with the draggy turned on and running or id be glad to... I was driving and messing with it, should have just stopped. Now i know why they say don't text and drive! LOL

I can tell you i launched harder before and went 4.30s due to spinning so bad. The rear kicked out a bit actually... So that run i only launched at low 2000s rpm range and it spun just a little then took off and went faster then when i stalled it up to close to 3k. 8th mile was just under 89mph and 1/4 mile was just under 111mph. Around 3/4 tank fuel.
Cool, would Love to see one with all the details when you do it again! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I erased the darn run messing with the draggy today like a moron as i had a bunch of bogus runs on there from driving down the road with the draggy turned on and running or id be glad to... I was driving and messing with it, should have just stopped. Now i know why they say don't text and drive! LOL

I can tell you i launched harder before and went 4.30s due to spinning so bad. The rear kicked out a bit actually... So that run i only launched at low 2000s rpm range and it spun just a little then took off and went faster then when i stalled it up to close to 3k. 8th mile was just under 89mph and 1/4 mile was just under 111mph. Around 3/4 tank fuel.
So 12.4ish?

Reactions
[mention]LokiWolf [/mention] what’s your fastest 0-60?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MechEng

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
2021 with 940 miles all stock. LMS V4 93 octane tune only. Did this for now until my HPT comes in and can get with ZFG.

I have to say I'm impressed with the LMS tune. Can't wait to see what ZFG will get out of it!

I picked up the LMS 93 Stage 4 tune as well. I don' have any numbers yet. They were very responsive, ordered on a Thursday and by Saturday afternoon I had the tune loaded. I think I'll wait until I add some other mods before going over to ZFG.

LokiWolf

Reactions
[mention]LokiWolf [/mention] what’s your fastest 0-60?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
93 is 4.02
E85 Stock Pump is 4.01
E50 is 3.75

All Dragy on the same stretch of VERY flat road, and all ZFG tunes. My Explorer is also stock performance wise, other than an AFE dry drop in filter. That is Stock 21’s with stock rubber, and I have a fully optioned ST, even have the bench seat. Stock height also.

Reactions
93 is 4.02
E85 Stock Pump is 4.01
E50 is 3.75

All Dragy on the same stretch of VERY flat road, and all ZFG tunes. My Explorer is also stock performance wise, other than an AFE dry drop in filter. That is Stock 21’s with stock rubber, and I have a fully optioned ST, even have the bench seat. Stock height also.

what are your best Qtr miles with those tunes?

LokiWolf

Reactions
what are your best Qtr miles with those tunes?
All Dragy...they have been posted before in other threads, so just going to put the numbers here:

93 - 12.32
E85 Stock Pump - 12.23
E50 - 11.97(Temp and DA were perfect)

Reactions
All Dragy...they have been posted before in other threads, so just going to put the numbers here:

93 - 12.32
E85 Stock Pump - 12.23
E50 - 11.97(Temp and DA were perfect)

Gotta say those #s are legit. you can break into the 11s with basically a drop-in filter and a tune in a 3-row brick lol. I had to supercharge and meth inj my 3200lb C5 vette to get into the 11s haha

LokiWolf

Reactions
Gotta say those #s are legit. you can break into the 11s with basically a drop-in filter and a tune in a 3-row brick lol. I had to supercharge and meth inj my 3200lb C5 vette to get into the 11s haha
Full disclosure I have only broke 12 2 times, in about 10-11 E50 1/4 runs. The other was an 11.99. Also in GREAT DA. It takes work, patience on the launch, and good conditions. Most of the time I am 12.0X or 12.1X. These also die up top a bit, cause like you said they are a brick. The launch is important.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
Appreciate the honesty but im sure your results are less rare than the typical manufacturer's quoted qtr mile by leaps & bounds so im not taking anything away from ya haha

Blevins

Reactions
After getting HPT working for my OS on my 21 due to it being so new i was able to finally datalog to see what all was going on which was more knock retard then i want to see. For those of you on the Livernois tunes watch your knock retard. I was getting a lot on the 91-93 tunes they sent. 4+ degrees of retard or so sending me into negative timing advance up in 4th and 5th gear especially on the gear change and as the intercooler gets heat soaked... Had to go to E30 to get away from it. We need ZFG back in the game asap!

Prime004

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer St
Still waiting to see if anybody can get at least a 0-60 on an ST with a LMS tune....

I have the Livernois Tuner. I was thinking it would be an installation more like the old bully dogs, that being the only reason I purchased it. Preloaded on the launch, I did a 1/4 mile in 12.88. I keep seeing the ZFG explorers getting under 12. I'm gonna be upgrading in the new year.

Attachments

Explorer ST Posts