Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Installed Livernois Tune

Reactions
Hey all, so took advantage of the Livernois sale going on right now and jumped on a tune....just installed it (haven't driven the car yet but will report back on that portion), but I received on tune on my calibrator, a 91-93 tune. For others who may have this as well, is that all you got? I was under the impression there were several different tunes and would have thought to see a 93 tune by itself, just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something here.

I've heard good things about livernois but their literature and website kinda suck.

Reactions
Hey all, so took advantage of the Livernois sale going on right now and jumped on a tune....just installed it (haven't driven the car yet but will report back on that portion), but I received on tune on my calibrator, a 91-93 tune. For others who may have this as well, is that all you got? I was under the impression there were several different tunes and would have thought to see a 93 tune by itself, just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something here.

I've heard good things about livernois but their literature and website kinda suck.
Please share, I’m curious on what the difference and how was the installation of it?

OP
G
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Please share, I’m curious on what the difference and how was the installation of it?
Install easy, plug it in, send your stock mapping, a day or two later you get the updated one and install. 10 minutes tops.

It's definitely more peppy, I've always had fast cars and came from a tuned Hellcat, so this isn't super noticable to me, plus the car is already quick. I've only driven a few miles on it, but so far so good. Hard to quantify though.....

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
So is there any fine tuning involved? For instance, with this updated tune, do you then drive around and send in logs for another adjustment? Or is an off-the shelf tune all you get. I'd be definitely surprised if all you get is an off-the-shelf 91-93 map. Then again, that price including tuner is about as low as you're going to find. I'm wondering if your shifting has improved as some others have mentioned.

OP
G
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
So is there any fine tuning involved? For instance, with this updated tune, do you then drive around and send in logs for another adjustment? Or is an off-the shelf tune all you get. I'd be definitely surprised if all you get is an off-the-shelf 91-93 map. Then again, that price including tuner is about as low as you're going to find. I'm wondering if your shifting has improved as some others have mentioned.
It's a canned tune as far as I'm aware.

Need to drive it a bit more to really form an opinion on it, but it's got more pep no doubt.

LokiWolf

Reactions
LMS is a one and done most of the time for most vehicles.

For my Edge they eventually released a revised tune for it a year after and it got a little faster. They also had an early shift version, and harder shifting version.

My guess is they will do more revisions, but if you want quick from the ST ZFG or PBD are where to go.

ZFG is what I run!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
What does a tune like that cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LokiWolf

Reactions
What does a tune like that cost?

$600 for LMS normally, but they do have a $100 off sale going last I looked.

ZFG is $600 right now, and that includes a HP Tuners MPVI2, that can be used on more than one vehicle. And can be used with other Tuning company’s that support HP Tuners.

https://www.tunedbyzfgracing.com/custom-tune-request

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Not bad. Especially to make your car go that fast.

OP
G
Reactions
Thread Starter #11
Hey, yeah I'm pretty pleased with it. Power is pretty effortless now, although I haven't done any 0-60 runs or anything like that, just normal driving.

Overall I'm pleased with it although I have nothing else to compare it to. They've been in the ecoboost game for a while and I liked the sale price so went with it and am glad I did! Need some more seat time though I haven't been taking it out much since it's been rainy as heck I've been driving my Jeep mostly.

Kryuenger

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Thanks for the update. I ran their tune on my Edge Sport and was happy.

LokiWolf

Reactions
Thanks for the update. I ran their tune on my Edge Sport and was happy.
So did everybody, because that is all Leo talked about!

LokiWolf

Reactions
Hey, yeah I'm pretty pleased with it. Power is pretty effortless now, although I haven't done any 0-60 runs or anything like that, just normal driving.

Overall I'm pleased with it although I have nothing else to compare it to. They've been in the ecoboost game for a while and I liked the sale price so went with it and am glad I did! Need some more seat time though I haven't been taking it out much since it's been rainy as heck I've been driving my Jeep mostly.
Do you have a Dragy or any app to record 0-60?

Curious where it stands?

OP
G
Reactions
Thread Starter #15
Do you have a Dragy or any app to record 0-60?

Curious where it stands?

I don't, but contemplating getting one. My dilemma is I rarely drive without my two toddlers which makes doing runs hard lol

Kryuenger

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
I don't, but contemplating getting one. My dilemma is I rarely drive without my two toddlers which makes doing runs hard lol
Toddlers will enjoy it! My daughter calls it the space rocket.

Reactions
did you have to put the car in Engineering Mode to upload or just hold the start button down for 2-3 seconds?

LokiWolf

Reactions
Still waiting to see if anybody can get at least a 0-60 on an ST with a LMS tune....

Reactions
Hey this might be a stupid question, but when you install the tune does it affect all modes or just normal mode, or what?

LokiWolf

Reactions
Hey this might be a stupid question, but when you install the tune does it affect all modes or just normal mode, or what?
Power is affected in all modes.

LMS typically messes with throttle response and shifting in Normal and Sport. Generally they leave the rest of the modes alone.

Don’t have experience with them on the ST though. Really want to see some 0-60 numbers from an ST tuned by them!