Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Installed Livernois Tune

Reactions
There have been zero reliability issues with ZFG.
I thought someone on here maybe LokiWolf or someone else had a tranny replaced after running ZFG tune since new? They didnt attribute the tranny replacement to ZFG's tune but didn't really specify the reason.

LokiWolf

Reactions
I thought someone on here maybe LokiWolf or someone else had a tranny replaced after running ZFG tune since new? They didnt attribute the tranny replacement to ZFG's tune but didn't really specify the reason.
My Tranny was partially rebuilt under warranty because of the faulty solenoid that COMPLETELY stock Trans are having replaced(Even XLT’s and Limited’s with the 2.3). It caused a weird clunk under certain down shifts. So yeah, in no way the tunes issue.

The symptoms were actually WORSE when on stock tuning. ZFG’s Trans tuning slips the clutches less in Sport than factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blevins

Reactions
My Tranny was partially rebuilt under warranty because of the faulty solenoid that COMPLETELY stock Trans are having replaced(Even XLT’s and Limited’s with the 2.3). It caused a weird clunk under certain down shifts. So yeah, in no way the tunes issue.

The symptoms were actually WORSE when on stock tuning. ZFG’s Trans tuning slips the clutches less in Sport than factory.

Do you know when ZFG will be back to tuning these?

LokiWolf

Reactions
Do you know when ZFG will be back to tuning these?
Summer would be my guess. Get on the waiting list if you are interested!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
Summer would be my guess. Get on the waiting list if you are interested!
I went on their website a week or so ago looking for a link or anything to get on a waiting list and dont see anything. I had emailed him about a month ago and never got a reply. Whats the process to get on the waiting list?

Rmans911

Reactions
I went on their website a week or so ago looking for a link or anything to get on a waiting list and dont see anything. I had emailed him about a month ago and never got a reply. Whats the process to get on the waiting list?
I went on the website and I couldn’t find any wait list to get on. I did send an email saying I wanted a tune for a 2020 Explorer ST but never did hear back.

LokiWolf

Reactions
You mean this:

https://www.tunedbyzfgracing.com/custom-tune-request

Google is your friend... literally googled “ZFG Waiting List”, and got this link and the Facebook post ZFG made about it as the top 2 hits...

Reactions
You mean this:

https://www.tunedbyzfgracing.com/custom-tune-request

Google is your friend... literally googled “ZFG Waiting List”, and got this link and the Facebook post ZFG made about it as the top 2 hits...

google has nothing to do with it.

That was not there before. Last time I was on there(maybe a week ago) it was 3 blank icons that did nothing. It is dated Feb 1, but definitely not there as of then.

Anyway, I sent a message via that portal now to get on the list.

LokiWolf

Reactions
google has nothing to do with it.

That was not there before. Last time I was on there(maybe a week ago) it was 3 blank icons that did nothing. It is dated Feb 1, but definitely not there as of then.

Anyway, I sent a message via that portal now to get on the list.
Haha! I googled it after I went to the FB Page and clicked on the link. Just to see if it was searchable.

It has been there since the beginning of February. It was there for at least a week before it was posted to the ZFG FB Page on Feb 14th.

Wix(Where site is hosted) could have been having issues the day you looked, but it has definitely been out there for more than a week.

All good! Glad you are signed up. Adam’s tuning is well worth the wait.

Guess we sidetracked the LMS thread a bit. Back to your regularly scheduled broadcast.

Reactions
Haha! I googled it after I went to the FB Page and clicked on the link. Just to see if it was searchable.

It has been there since the beginning of February. It was there for at least a week before it was posted to the ZFG FB Page on Feb 14th.

Wix(Where site is hosted) could have been having issues the day you looked, but it has definitely been out there for more than a week.

All good! Glad you are signed up. Adam’s tuning is well worth the wait.

Guess we sidetracked the LMS thread a bit. Back to your regularly scheduled broadcast.

Let me rephrase where I went real quick because what I clicked on is actually still there. If you hover over "custom tuning" and then click "ford" when it pops up, that was what I was seeing and still see. I dont know that I ever went to the main "custom tuning" page which is where the above is posted.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Poor manners to bomb a Livernois thread with ZFG info. These posts should be removed and a separate thread started. You folks know better than this.

LokiWolf

Reactions
Poor manners to bomb a Livernois thread with ZFG info. These posts should be removed and a separate thread started. You folks know better than this.
HaHaHaHa! I just answered questions when they were asked. Threads get bombed all the time. I even tried to get this one back on track. By you scolding us you have continued that derailment. Excellent job!

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
HaHaHaHa! I just answered questions when they were asked. Threads get bombed all the time. I even tried to get this one back on track. By you scolding us you have continued that derailment. Excellent job!
Could have written YOUR response without ever reading it. :LOL:

Last edited:

LokiWolf

Reactions
Could have written YOUR response without ever reading it. :LOL:
I was brought back in to this thread by @blaster9 mentioning ZFG tuning taking out my Transmission. How is this my fault? :unsure:

Then I was asked a question, and answered. Then 2 completely different people complained they couldn't find a link that was easily found via FB, or Google. That is apparently my fault also...So sorry!

Previously I have been in this thread, because I genuinely want to know how LMS stacks up. I want to see numbers. Several in here say they are going to get some Dragy numbers. Still waiting to see them for the new revision. On paper it looks like it should be strong. Honestly I recommend LMS over 5 Star ALL THE TIME! ZFG(Waitlist), PBD, LMS, then anybody else.

Last edited:

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I was brought back in to this thread by @blaster9 mentioning ZFG tuning taking out my Transmission. How is this my fault? :unsure: ....
EDIT: Didn’t see anything directed to you specifically (should have said accuse/blame you) until I commented on your response and you are right, I’m as much to blame at this point as anyone. I’ll stop.

Last edited:

LokiWolf

Reactions
Didn’t see anything directed to you specifically until I commented on your response and you are right, I’m as much to blame at this point as anyone. I’ll stop.
Well then you can't read or are blind...look above. Was mentioned in a comment, then was quoted several times. Really not hard to grasp...

Reactions
There have been zero reliability issues with ZFG.
Indeed, but its got to be a more aggressive tune right? Not trying to knock it or anything. I presume its either running leaner or more boost to get another ~30whp or so (comparing LM's dyno vid and lokiwolf's results). I don't mind Livernois running it a bit richer to give it some extra cushioning. Would be interesting to see a LM tune and ZFG dyno run on the same dyno/conditions.

Reactions
Indeed, but its got to be a more aggressive tune right? Not trying to knock it or anything. I presume its either running leaner or more boost to get another ~30whp or so (comparing LM's dyno vid and lokiwolf's results).
Not necessarily.

I believe ZFG has you send log files and then he updates them into a more custom tune for your vehicle.

I do not believe Livernois does this, at least not as an "included" feature of using their services. They may do it for more cost.

So ZFG is a more custom tune vs. Livernois that has to live in everybody's vehicles so they have to be more conservative.

DoingOK

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Not necessarily.

I believe ZFG has you send log files and then he updates them into a more custom tune for your vehicle.

I do not believe Livernois does this, at least not as an "included" feature of using their services. They may do it for more cost.

So ZFG is a more custom tune vs. Livernois that has to live in everybody's vehicles so they have to be more conservative.
Yup......we did three data logging runs with updates in between. Not sure what other tuners do.

Reactions
The data logging is likely the difference as others indicate it allows a much more vehicle-specific tune to be had. In my experience, canned tunes are generally more conservative but can still be as unsafe or even more unsafe than custom tunes which may push the envelope/timing/power/etc more. An example would be my last FI vehicle (whipple-charged Silverado) came with a canned tune with the charger. However, we opted for HPT and discoverd it needed a touch of extra fuel around 4-4500 rpms as it was too close to detonation. With HPT, we were able to add (and reduce) fueling virtually anywhere and everywhere as necessary. A canned tune is likely just gunna run pretty consistent throughout (hopefully ample fuel across all RPMs) but not always as every vehicle is different.