Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I had a really bad experience with them. Purchased the guards for two diff vehicles. Strung me along for months and never sent. Eventually sent one set for the st. They are generic and not st specific and are more for the cf look on the vehicle. I would recommend to stay clear of them.
Thanks, that's all I needed to know!

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
You’re gonna love those over the Scorpions imo. Just put a set of 295/40r22’s on mine a couple months ago. Better dry performance and light years better in wet and snow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
While I'm waiting for all the parts for the front GT350 brakes to arrive, I replaced the rear pads and rotors with Powerstop Z23 pads and their coated blank rotors. Yes, it's ridiculous how small these poverty-spec base ST brakes on the rear. Easy job except for a quick freak-out when I couldn't immediately get the car out of Maintenace Mode due to my inability to follow simple instructions.

Rear Brakes.jpg

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
After six months I finally installed my hitch cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Finished and installed my one-off flush mount rear wiper delete plug. 84D44D99-FDAB-4E1B-A6AC-25B24AA00803.jpeg

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Took it out on antelope valley poppy trails.
IMG_20230413_122024.jpg
This climb was tricky. No sweat to ST though.
IMG_20230413_121906.jpg
At the highest point.
IMG_20230413_122742.jpg
Photos don't do justice to the real thing.
IMG_20230413_131608.jpg
Tried trail mode and hill decent controls for the first time.

V3nom3nom

Nurse
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Noticed that my Explorer doesn’t use the start/stop function?! Mine is a 2020, fault from factory? I don’t mind it off just wondering if others have noticed it off without doing anything.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Noticed that my Explorer doesn’t use the start/stop function?! Mine is a 2020, fault from factory? I don’t mind it off just wondering if others have noticed it off without doing anything.
It doesn't work until the engine reaches operating temp. It also won't work if the battery is low, or the oil life is low. Could it be any of those?

V3nom3nom

Nurse
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Ah makes sense. Battery is from 2019, oil was just changed and drove to work this AM for approximately 30 minutes. Let’s hope the battery isn’t on its way out, just spent a grip on tires.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I have a Star White as well, and I like the blue. Unfortunately, the kids call mine the "Space Ghost", so I have to keep some red!

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
'23 ExST, '17 Raptor, '16 FoST, FFR Cobra
I have a Star White as well, and I like the blue. Unfortunately, the kids call mine the "Space Ghost", so I have to keep some red!

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Got the ST back from the mechanic today. The Thermal 2.5 exhaust was installed along with 1 and 1.25 Bora spacers with black lug nuts. Looks and sounds SO much better.

Boss240

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST, 2012 Boss Mustang, 2019 Audi S4
Got the ST back from the mechanic today. The Thermal 2.5 exhaust was installed along with 1 and 1.25 Bora spacers with black lug nuts. Looks and sounds SO much better.
Any pictures. Would like to see how flush the wheels are now

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
My photographic abilities are pretty bad, please don't judge...
IMG_1841.JPEG

Boss240

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST, 2012 Boss Mustang, 2019 Audi S4
Does the front wheel pop out a little past the fender? Looks like the front sticks out a little further than the rear but it's hard for me to tell. If so maybe a couple mm smaller front spacer. Could just be the angle of the pic throwing it off a little for me.

Looks good.

I've been told putting spacers on stock ride height vehicles usually makes the gap look bigger or more pronounced. Any plans on lowering to close the gap?

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I would say the front stick out about a 1/4" further than the rear, even with the staggered spacer setup. This EXST is my wife's daily driver, she'd rather have it taller than lower.

Reactions
Does the front wheel pop out a little past the fender? Looks like the front sticks out a little further than the rear but it's hard for me to tell. If so maybe a couple mm smaller front spacer. Could just be the angle of the pic throwing it off a little for me.

Looks good.

I've been told putting spacers on stock ride height vehicles usually makes the gap look bigger or more pronounced. Any plans on lowering to close the gap?
It does make the gap look bigger. I put on 1.5" spacers in the rear and it wasn't a good look at least imo. It made the gap look like 2 times worse.