Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Installed the Steeda Strut Tower Bar, really nice part!

View attachment 16970
Interesting that yours appears to be the original design. Steeda for a time had been selling a brace with bends towards the ends and didn't fit so well. I wonder if they just screwed up batch and now have it corrected. Personally, I like the original (the one you have).

This is CajunHeat's.

Last edited:

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
'23 ExST, '17 Raptor, '16 FoST, FFR Cobra
interesting are there spacers in the front bolts on the black one? I can't tell..

JAIME-st

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
also upgraded the rear lighting from Travis Ellisor from Houston Speed Freaks - these lights are BRIGHT, really helps with the 5% tint visibility!

replaces the rear amber signal/flasher, backup light, and the license plate lights...
NO issues with CANBUS either, no superflash, no errors - well worth the upgrade!

View attachment 16990
View attachment 16991
Careful with these ones friend… I had them melt the license plate lights in my fusion titanium, luckily I caught it before the damage was too bad.

Last edited:

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Same LEDs? They generate zero heat

JAIME-st

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Same LEDs? They generate zero heat
They look the same as the licence plate ones to me, might not be exact same ones but they had that ring of rectangular shaped LEDs around the end like those ones in his attachment ‘16991’. Got mine from Amazon and they were advertised as “low heat” but those suckers got hot! The thing with the licence plate lights is they are on all the time (when your lights are on) not like the signals or the reverse lights, just thought I’d warn you to keep an eye on them in case the licence plate light lenses start to get like foggy… if so they are probably melting your unit. I ended up getting some for the explorer that were less power (lower lumens) and a different chipset, but still keeping an eye on them!

V3nom3nom

Nurse
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Steeda strut brace installed in 5 minutes. Well including 2-3 minutes of finding the spacer that fell into engine bay…very solid piece compared to OEM paperweight

Next up on suspension is installing my Steeda springs and finding a good deal on rear sway bar.

Attachments

Last edited:

Cajun Heat

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Steeda strut brace installed in 5 minutes. Well including 2-3 minutes of finding the spacer that fell into engine bay…very solid piece compared to OEM paperweight

Next up on suspension is installing my Steeda springs and finding a good deal on rear sway bar.
I did the same damn thing installing mine...lol Pesky spacer.

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Can you use https://cyanlabs.net/ to update and bypass the BSOD?

Reactions
Can you use https://cyanlabs.net/ to update and bypass the BSOD?
I wouldn't think so. Isn't that just a site to manually update your sync version?

The BSOD seems to be independent of Sync. It's an issue with the camera system and its components themselves (camera, module).

But who knows, not even Ford knows anymore!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Looks cool. I saw the "flipped the fuse ..." mention. That may have defeated the add-on fuse. The connection may be bypassing the add-on fuse by connecting the light strip to the hot side of the panel. You always want to make sure the new device is fused. I had to work on that a bit adding my dash cam and Valentine One.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Drove from coffee shop to home, with my coffee :coffee: on top of the car.
Forgot about it till some caring people from the back flagged it to me.

Amazing that the cup stayed there without spillage.
Don't know if its my driving :cool:or the vehicles suspension.

Funny part is that, this is not the first time I have done this.
Last time I drove from top of Joshua tree to the bottom, with a 2 gallon juice bottle on the top.

Reactions
Today I found a bulge and a small leak on the passenger rear tire. Right on the scorpion!

Only 20k miles on the Pirellis. Guess I gotta buy 4 new tires.

20230401_174609.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Today I found a bulge and a small leak on the passenger rear tire. Right on the scorpion!

Only 20k miles on the Pirellis. Guess I gotta buy 4 new tires.

View attachment 17263
That sucks. Sorry to hear.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Actually, they're good for 12 HP. :D

Reactions
Vehicle
Sold after 6 months