Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

diholf57

Reactions
Vehicle
FORD
Washed and changed the oil.

92onward

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
Washed…in the heat, outside. The worst.

Saw a lowered (magnetic grey?) ST in the VB area today. If you’re on here let me know!

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Installed the Garmin Dashcam Mini 2 Friday afternoon

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I had a really bad experience with them. Purchased the guards for two diff vehicles. Strung me along for months and never sent. Eventually sent one set for the st. They are generic and not st specific and are more for the cf look on the vehicle. I would recommend to stay clear of them.
Asked and answered. :)

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
My Diode Dynamics Hitch Reverse light came in today. Super impressed! Probably gonna unpin the wire for the running light so it only functions in reverse.

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
My Diode Dynamics Hitch Reverse light came in today. Super impressed! Probably gonna unpin the wire for the running light so it only functions in reverse.
That’s super cool! I had read elsewhere in here that it wasn’t possible to make a hitch light work with the stock wiring for some reason. I guess that was wrong.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
That’s super cool! I had read elsewhere in here that it wasn’t possible to make a hitch light work with the stock wiring for some reason. I guess that was wrong.
If its got a standard 7pin round hitch plug it works perfect. Plugs right in, took 2 minutes!

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
DD7420 is the part number

UPSDrvr

Reactions
How much was it??

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
You get the trailer attached warning every time you start the car?

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I’m very interested. Thanks for being the Guinea pig.

Given my limited abilities, I crawled under to survey the situation. Installing the wiring harness will be a cinch with one potential issue. At least on my 2021, there appears to be very little space between the rear of the trailer hitch and the spare tire pan. I wonder whether there’s enough room to pass the cable (with the orange connector) into the rear of the hitch.

Did you encounter such a limited space?

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I’m very interested. Thanks for being the Guinea pig.

Given my limited abilities, I crawled under to survey the situation. Installing the wiring harness will be a cinch with one potential issue. At least on my 2021, there appears to be very little space between the rear of the trailer hitch and the spare tire pan. I wonder whether there’s enough room to pass the cable (with the orange connector) into the rear of the hitch.

Did you encounter such a limited space?
Mine is also a 2021, there is just enough room to get it in there. I just used a small pick hook to fish the wire through the hitch, tie wrapped the excess wire to a lenght just enough to unplug it. I did put some felt in around it to snug up the fit.

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Mine is also a 2021, there is just enough room to get it in there. I just used a small pick hook to fish the wire through the hitch, tie wrapped the excess wire to a lenght just enough to unplug it. I did put some felt in around it to snug up the fit.
Excellent. Thanks so much!!!!!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
At first I thought this was an up-dated version of the White Night lamps that enable better vision when connecting a trailer. I had that on my Ram and love it. I'll have to do some thinnin' 'bout this.

Explorer ST Posts