Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Transmission issues update

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Looks like the diff mount likely broke first.

Cruising68

Reactions
Looks like the diff mount likely broke first.
Agree. You can see it is tilted toward the rear and there is a good sized angle between the driveshaft and diff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
So I was reading this tread the other day just because I was board and wanted to see what was going on.
what do you know just today I had a slam in 1 to 2 shift and the funny thing right before that when I put it in Reverse the camera had the blue screen. I was like WTF I just read about the screen/camera also.
both were a 1 time issue so far but I also have not drove to much after both issues. I hope this was a freak thing and dont keep up.
from day 1 when I put in reverse it takes for ever to get in gear and will actually roll forward some I have to put brakes on.

JR01

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer St
So after a week I finish Bally heard from the Ford dealer and the fem service writer tries to tell me that they partially inspected the veh and that the exhaust pipe fell onto the differential. So I called BS on that sent her the pictures and contacted the service manager and now they’re saying that the differential is blown it’s gonna take three weeks to get one and they won’t be able to test the transmission until after the differential is replaced which means at least another two weeks I have to wait for them to order me the transmission because I’m 99% sure it’s blown

JR01

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer St
Ford being difficult. Has had my veh one month. Says rear end needs to be completely replaced. It’s been a month and they’re saying that the parts probably at least another month away

Cdubya

Reactions
Ford being difficult. Has had my veh one month. Says rear end needs to be completely replaced. It’s been a month and they’re saying that the parts probably at least another month away
Do you know if they are replacing your subframe to the two bolt? If not, you are SOL because apparently it's a one time repair and if it happens again, it'll be on you.

JR01

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer St
I’m not sure. All they told me is that the complete rear end is being replaced. Was there today and my truck was buried deep in a sea of cop cars. I asked if they were there for the recall repair or if they have been damaged like mine. But the Porter told me he didn’t have any idea.