Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Sync 3.4 Update (Build 21020) Now Available on the Owner Site

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
There is a new OTA update this morning. Just started downloading it so no idea yet what it is. 20210703_110323.jpg

OP
minuteman3

minuteman3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #82
Are you on 21020? If at o, please advise if this updates solves the issues. Thanks!

Ken

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Are you on 21020? If at o, please advise if this updates solves the issues. Thanks!

Ken
I was running 21020. This update took it to 21098. The 2 times I used it today Travel Link worked. But I did see where a person with an Expedition the Travel Link did not work for them. So this might not be the fix that we need.

OP
minuteman3

minuteman3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #84
I was running 21020. This update took it to 21098. The 2 times I used it today Travel Link worked. But I did see where a person with an Expedition the Travel Link did not work for them. So this might not be the fix that we need.
Thanks!! Let’s hope so!!!

Ken

Reactions
There is a new OTA update this morning. Just started downloading it so no idea yet what it is. View attachment 6646
How long did your update take? Mine is downloading now. Been 25 mins and the bar has moved maybe 15%. Hate leaving the car just idling forever.

UPDATE: Finished after about 45 mins.

Last edited:
Reactions
How long did your update take? Mine is downloading now. Been 25 mins and the bar has moved maybe 15%. Hate leaving the car just idling forever.

UPDATE: Finished after about 45 mins.
Turn the car off and then just hit the radio power button on. Usually stays on for a while without engine having to be on.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Mine just sat in the garage overnight and updated. I don't have particularly fast internet and never really though it hit my garage. I knew that I had enabled automatic updates but I've done that on other Fords in my garage and they've never updated unless I used a thumb drive.

I came out 2 days ago and the screen said System Update Complete and it showed the 21020 update installed on June 2nd. I don't even know what problems I should be looking for but I hadn't noticed anything odd just yet.

Heck now that I typed this it has told me to check rear passengers when getting out. I figured it was because my wife had put packages in the rear. I'll need to check to see if that option is no longer turned off.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Heck, I went out and checked to see if the back seat minder had been turned back on. It had. It also had updated to the 21098 Software on June 3.

What are the problems besides the phone echo that I should be looking for?

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Heck, I went out and checked to see if the back seat minder had been turned back on. It had. It also had updated to the 21098 Software on June 3.

What are the problems besides the phone echo that I should be looking for?
Check to see if travel Link is working. That has been the biggest issue that I am aware of.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Thank you @Dale5403. Never used that part of the system before. Does it require a Sirius subscription? I do not subscribe. I'll look next time I jump in.

OP
minuteman3

minuteman3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #91
Thank you @Dale5403. Never used that part of the system before. Does it require a Sirius subscription? I do not subscribe. I'll look next time I jump in.
You're actually subscribed to Sirius XM Travel Link for 5 years for free. You may, or may not depending on your purchase date, still be on the free SXM radio (music).

Ken

Reactions
Check to see if travel Link is working. That has been the biggest issue that I am aware of.
My travel link was still not working. Called Sirius. We walked through and did master reset through screen options for radio. After that was done all my travel and traffic link options worked.
They tried pushing a fix first but that did not work.

OP
minuteman3

minuteman3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #93
Plot thickens a bit .. I also called SXM and when the gal asked me for my radio ID, I got this ...

IMG_0757.jpeg

Hmmmmmm

She tried a refresh after confirming all's well with my account ... no change. I did note that after my initial Master Reset, TL came up, but on subsequent key turns it was gone ... :(

Ken

OP
minuteman3

minuteman3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #94
FWIW - I created a post on Ford's FaceBook page about this whole mess .. using very nice language, of course. Pointed out that I see this as an issue worth of upper management attention since while a glitch or bug in 21020 may be understandable, issuing 21098 a month later without a fix should be unacceptable. I also mentioned that we love our ST in every other way - which is true!!

If you're so inclined ... send 'em a similar post. Perhaps someone will wake up!!

www.facebook.com/ford

Cheers!!

Ken

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I played with Travel Link for the first time today. I didn't renew the Free Sirius Trial after owning the vehicle for 3 months. Travel Link worked just fine on mine. Haven't gotten a phone call long enough to know if anything has helped the ECHO.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
when I go to Refresh Radio- SiriusXM Radio , it seems to work 1x per day; traffic and weather are active until I turn the car off. if/when I start the car again same day, the service isn't working. I try to reset again an nothing, try to reset a 3rd time and the page displays a 'call customer care' message. The next day, I went through the same process with the same results. Today just now, same process, same outcome :)

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I don't know how long I need to go before I really consider my problem resolved but since my updates were both 10 and 11 days ago, I haven't had the phone echo issue reported to me by anyone I've spoken to. It was a regular occurrence on any phone call over approx. 10 minutes before the update.

I don't really know how long one should wait before declaring a victory.

Last edited:

KegsBdry

Reactions
I don't know how long I need to go before I really consider my problem resolved but since my updates were both 10 and 11 days ago, I haven't had the phone echo issue reported to me by anyone I've spoken to. It was a regular occurrence on any phone call over approx. 10 minutes before the update.

I don't really know how long one should wait before declaring a victory.
The fact it fixed it even on one call seems like a step in the right direction. It tells me Ford did something in this update to look at the issue. Permanent fix...well, we have to wait and see.

Reactions
I contacted the vehicle technology team yesterday. Was a painful process as I had to convince them that the system auto updates over Wifi. They didn't believe me until I gave them my unit serial number and referenced the page numbers in the manual, lol! Geeze.... In the end, they gave me a case number for this issue and said someone will be in touch today... we'll see...
(Every power on results in a different SiriusXM module subscription status, refresh does nothing. Even when active there is sometimes no audio.)

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk