Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Sync 3.4 Update (Build 21020) Now Available on the Owner Site

Reactions
I contacted the vehicle technology team yesterday. Was a painful process as I had to convince them that the system auto updates over Wifi. They didn't believe me until I gave them my unit serial number and referenced the page numbers in the manual, lol! Geeze.... In the end, they gave me a case number for this issue and said someone will be in touch today... we'll see...
(Every power on results in a different SiriusXM module subscription status, refresh does nothing. Even when active there is sometimes no audio.)

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
I went down that road and decided to drop it. Every thing I'm seeing now the fix should be the next SYNC update. Not sure when it will be but the last I heard maybe close to the end of summer.

Reactions
I contacted the vehicle technology team yesterday. Was a painful process as I had to convince them that the system auto updates over Wifi. They didn't believe me until I gave them my unit serial number and referenced the page numbers in the manual, lol! Geeze.... In the end, they gave me a case number for this issue and said someone will be in touch today... we'll see...
(Every power on results in a different SiriusXM module subscription status, refresh does nothing. Even when active there is sometimes no audio.)

How were you able to get in touch with them? Do you mind sharing your case number? I ask because I will call and do the same. If enough people get on them, they may fix it...

The xmsirius web site confirms the services are active, the refresh, which has worked for me 3 times (until I shut the car off) is a PITA... The status in the car radio shows not active.

Shouldn't our subscriptions be extended for the time block (2 months now:?) the service was broken...

Reactions

Finally decided to take the car into Ford to document the issue with travel link. They said they found a problem with the audio control module.
First they have to locate a correct part number for the 2021. Then order, call once part is in to replace.
If Ford just offered a full Sirius subscription for 5 years it seems this would take care of the problem.
Has anyone had this part replaced. We will see if this resolves any of the issues.

Reactions
Finally decided to take the car into Ford to document the issue with travel link. They said they found a problem with the audio control module.
First they have to locate a correct part number for the 2021. Then order, call once part is in to replace.
If Ford just offered a full Sirius subscription for 5 years it seems this would take care of the problem.
Has anyone had this part replaced. We will see if this resolves any of the issues.
With so Many having this issue, if it turns out that they all have faulty audio control modules that's going to come at a big cost for Ford to replace all the defective units. I honestly think it is software related though.