Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Sync 3.4 Update (Build 21020) Now Available on the Owner Site

KegsBdry

Reactions
I just did this with my ST to connect to my garage's wifi extender. I look forward to checking tomorrow if the update happened!

Thanks.
Follow up. It worked. It shows the latest build and map version. But started downloading another UPDATE, even though it shows the latest?!?! Who knows. Leaving it in accessory mode for 30 mins to update (again?!).

Reactions
Did my sync update on Tuesday. Went smooth. Took about 25 minutes. Maps hasn't updated which sucks because I am doing a long road trip next week.

Reactions
It downloads a new update file after it restarts , I rebooted 5 times so far and it installed a new file each time. They all have had different filenames. After the 4th download I had the new maps.

Reactions
Mine's updated via wifi but I can't see any improvement. Its still not "quite" ready to go after a start, it still only uses half the screen and whether or not it deigns to connect to my iphone is still a mystery.

You are still not able to choose the defaults you want, the backup camera still only uses 1/4 of the screen unless you select 1/2, the 360 camera is very small.

Presumably there was a point to this?
From what I have gathered its lazy programming on Fords part for the lack of full screen apps with a few exceptions. The cameras might be a little more difficult I bet they are wide angle and a wide angle lens doesn't display well when the screen is in derp mode without cropping the image which isn't exactly a good idea for a backup camera.

Reactions
Odd my maps show NA119. I am connected to wifi, so I choose scan for updates. After a few minutes it came back with no updates.
2021 ST with a build date of mid -March.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Reactions
Odd my maps show NA119. I am connected to wifi, so I choose scan for updates. After a few minutes it came back with no updates.
2021 ST with a build date of mid -March.

I recently had my 21 at the dealer for a couple things, one being the phone call echo and they actually downgraded my sync (I had put the newest via cyanlabs). When I got home I connected it to wifi again and at first it didn't say there was an update, tried a couple more times and it saw the update and started the process. When all was said and done I ended up with the 21020 version again and the maps were at the 20 version. This was the first I have seen the sync system update the maps OTA, I was surprised.

Reactions
What is the owner site?
Is there a write up of how to do this somewhere?

Thanks
owner.ford.com is where you can login and find out if there is an update, it's under Support.
1620482806101.png

There is no write up that I am aware of. From my experience (previous vehicle also), the OTA updates have been really hit or miss.

Reactions
My maps updated after the 2102 update which was done from USB and the maps were done OTA.

Reactions
My maps updated after the 2102 update which was done from USB and the maps were done OTA.
Thanks, I've downloaded to a USB drive and installing now.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I see at cyanlabs they have a newer map version than on my car; 2.20 vs 1.19. has anyone done a map update, if so, is it straightforward or are is there anything to be aware of? I expect to select the new map version with the new sync version and create with Install mode "autoinstall"..

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I see at cyanlabs they have a newer map version than on my car; 2.20 vs 1.19. has anyone done a map update, if so, is it straightforward or are is there anything to be aware of? I expect to select the new map version with the new sync version and create with Install mode "autoinstall"..
Both Sync 21020 and map NA 2.20 are now rolling out from Ford. You may as well take that approach now rather than doing it the Cyanlabs way. If you do decide to use Cyanlabs, install 21020 first. then go back and run Syncupdater "ci" branch and select update map only. Do NOT do any reformat or if it give you a warning about that, you may be doing something wrong so don't proceed.

hbalek

Reactions
Travel Link is working again after on again off again past week. Let's see how long it lasts!

Taz

Reactions
Has the XM / Sirius Travel link issue been solved with the 21020 yet? I downloaded the update, but am waiting for that to be resolved before I update.

Taz

Reactions
Travel Link is working again after on again off again past week. Let's see how long it lasts!
I was typing when you post this. I'll wait a bit longer.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Both Sync 21020 and map NA 2.20 are now rolling out from Ford. You may as well take that approach now rather than doing it the Cyanlabs way. If you do decide to use Cyanlabs, install 21020 first. then go back and run Syncupdater "ci" branch and select update map only. Do NOT do any reformat or if it give you a warning about that, you may be doing something wrong so don't proceed.
Thanks! I'll do the Ford update.

hbalek

Reactions
I drove about 50 miles today with several stops. Travel Link did not work at every startup so I think the problem still exists.

Taz

Reactions
I drove about 50 miles today with several stops. Travel Link did not work at every startup so I think the problem still exists.
Thanks for posting that. I'm hoping they can resolve this quickly. I have the 21020 update in a flash drive ready to go, but I just had had to resolve a different issue with Sirius travel link a month ago and don't want to go though that again. Have you noticed anything benificial from the update?

hbalek

Reactions
It is working worse than before update. I wish I had never done the update! I often start up and there is no audio and have to restart Sync.

Reactions
It is working worse than before update. I wish I had never done the update! I often start up and there is no audio and have to restart Sync.
Have you tried doing a factory reset of the sync system to see if it helps with the no audio problem? I haven't had any issues like that after the update.