Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Sync 3.4 Update (Build 21020) Now Available on the Owner Site

OP
minuteman3

minuteman3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #141
Is there a way to use sync3updater on a mac?

Just tried downloading it and seems to be Windows only.
Nope ... butI keep an old Windows Surface tablet around for just such situations!! Luckily the Cyanlab software doesn't need a lot of resources. My Surface is an Intel Atom with 4GB RAM ... and it worked perfectly!!

Ken

Reactions
Wow, long time. but I never had to update the maps. you can also do while driving.

I noticed that 21194 was "laggy" for a few days.... now very speedy.
Yea I was driving around. I was on 2018 Maps. The update to 2020 maps took 1hr alone then it started the 21194 automatically which took about 35 min. Long boring drive to nowhere LOL.

Reactions
Mine did the 21194 today through the automatic updates. System went dead for a bit during my first drive then rebooted and all seems to work for a change. The Sync voice prompt tone is still very low but other then that the radio and travel link seems to be good.

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Going against my better judgement I downloaded 21194 today. By the way, it downloads without the vehicle running, or even being turned on, as long as it can get a WiFi signal. Download and install took about 2 hours, but when I tried it I now have all the Sirius features that have been missing for a while. Not sure what this is about, but week or so back my navigation seems to have updated itself without saying anything. Slightly different Nav screen and some changes on local maps.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Going against my better judgement I downloaded 21194 today. By the way, it downloads without the vehicle running, or even being turned on, as long as it can get a WiFi signal. Download and install took about 2 hours, but when I tried it I now have all the Sirius features that have been missing for a while. Not sure what this is about, but week or so back my navigation seems to have updated itself without saying anything. Slightly different Nav screen and some changes on local maps.
Do you know what map version that your on? Mine is NA 2 20

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Do you know what map version that your on? Mine is NA 2 20
Mine is NA 2 20 also. I didn't notice what it was earlier, but the main map screen has changed and several of the roads have been updated.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Mine is NA 2 20 also. I didn't notice what it was earlier, but the main map screen has changed and several of the roads have been updated.
Then you do have the current map for now. The Ford owners website says an update is coming Sept 1st.

OP
minuteman3

minuteman3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #148
I also found 21194 is now available on the Ford owner site for download & install vis USB. I'll take my pirate hat off (although it's been running well for several weeks), and I think I'll do a Master Reset before going legit. Then another Master Rest ... re-register everything, turn the wifi/auto system back on and happily motor down the road!! I prefer to remain in legit mode ... and hopefully the folks at Ford have learned a few things and we'll avoid any further major screw ups like this!!

Ken

vallord

Reactions
Anyone having the following error while trying to update to NA 2.20?

[...]
Installation Failed
Error Code: MEM_ERR01

Download files again and retry to install.

If error persists, please note code and contact 1-800-565-3673.
[...]

I did the Sync update without any issues (currently running Build 21194).

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Anyone having the following error while trying to update to NA 2.20?

[...]
Installation Failed
Error Code: MEM_ERR01

Download files again and retry to install.

If error persists, please note code and contact 1-800-565-3673.
[...]

I did the Sync update without any issues (currently running Build 21194).
I got same error trying to update my kids 2021 Escape to 21194 after downloading with a MAC, trying a Windows computer now

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I did the download on a Windows machine and it worked perfectly, so much for OTA, what a joke.

Reactions
I got same error trying to update my kids 2021 Escape to 21194 after downloading with a MAC, trying a Windows computer now
i purchased the map update of the ThumbDrive from Ford.

I attempted to update and I received the same error code.

called the number and the phone tech was no help!

next week it goes in for new seat panel and this will be added to the list for the dealer technicians to deal with!

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
i purchased the map update of the ThumbDrive from Ford.

I attempted to update and I received the same error code.

called the number and the phone tech was no help!

next week it goes in for new seat panel and this will be added to the list for the dealer technicians to deal with!
This is from Gearhead_1. His instructions might help.

Yes. I've read where others had issues with this install.

I paid particular attention to where things may go wrong for me and what may have gone wrong for them. I'm not implying anyone made a mistake with this next comment. The only place I can see where there might have been a User Error was where the instructions directs people to put the "license file" inside the SyncMyRide folder as opposed to simply letting it reside with the other files on the thumb drive. It has to be nested in that folder.

Other than that I really can't see where user errors could crop up. I guess the parenthesis problem in the license file could be an issue if someone downloaded the license file multiple times but the instructions covered this fairly well. Other than that I really can't see where user errors could crop up.

Oh yeah, one other thing. About 15 minutes into the process the screen alerted me that the vehicle had to be put through 1 Key Cycle. I almost missed this screen as I was driving and the screen disappeared and went to the ST screen. I saw just enough of the message to point me towards a shutdown, open door, restart Key Cycle. You of course have to repeat this procedure one more time once the install is complete. This was never described in anything that I had read.

EXP Dave

Reactions
I did the update via USB on Saturday and it did take less than 30 minutes to complete. Today I discovered SiriusXM Travel Link is no longer working! I called Sirius and they said they would boost my signal whatever that means. It did not fix the problem. Anyone else having this problem? Prior to today, the information would load after a couple minutes of driving. Now after more than 20 minutes, they don't load.
We are having the same issue about SiriusXM Travel link not working. Just bought it new last week. Did you ever get this resolved and what fixed it? Thanks in advance.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
We are having the same issue about SiriusXM Travel link not working. Just bought it new last week. Did you ever get this resolved and what fixed it? Thanks in advance.
What Sync version are you on? The newest is 21194 and that seems to have fixed this issue.

Reactions
What Sync version are you on? The newest is 21194 and that seems to have fixed this issue.
I updated to 21194 earlier this month.
Although it confirms the update on the screen in the car. It did not download the file that confirms the update to Ford?

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I updated to 21194 earlier this month.
Although it confirms the update on the screen in the car. It did not download the file that confirms the update to Ford?
Mine took about 10 days to confirm with Ford. I've seen others that did the update when I did and Ford still isn't showing it for them. Ford is running pretty slow on it this time.

Reactions
Mine took about 10 days to confirm with Ford. I've seen others that did the update when I did and Ford still isn't showing it for them. Ford is running pretty slow on it this time.
A big part of the driving experience is the Sync3. You would think that Ford could do a better job getting that to work!

Reactions
A big part of the driving experience is the Sync3. You would think that Ford could do a better job getting that to work!
Sadly, Sync 1/2/3 have all been horrible. Outside of the ability of AA and AC, I preferred Sync 2 over Sync 3.

I wish it was more like Jeep/Dodge interface, IMO the best UI of all car makers. Fast, smooth, reliable and no need to wait a couple of min for it to boot up.

Reactions
Looks like there is a new version on sync3updater. Anyone try it yet?