Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Recall Rear Bolt Fracture?

Reactions
It's scary you said that cause I swear my shifts feel funny to like sometimes it's hard or feels 'confused' about if it should shift or not... sometimes shifting up, down, back up all in a very short time. That's even when it's not under heavy load, just casually driving to town in eco mode or normal.
Yep. Me too. 2-3 gets confused all the time. It’s annoying as ****. Something with the rear diff. I’m about to get to the bottom of it. I’ll report back when I do. I mean, them replacing the entire transmission didn’t fix it. So it has to be rear diff and it feels like it is happening in the rear.

StarWhite22

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
What's your build date? Seems like after October 2022 they started putting in the revised bushing so no recall for those built after 10/2022
My build date was February 2022. When it warms up I need to get under there and take a look at everything

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
My build date is 9/21/22 and I have not been sent a recall.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
My build date is 9/21/22 and I have not been sent a recall.
Just look at the bushing and see if the center section appears to be "solid metal" under the washer, or if you see some "void areas". If solid, you're good to go.