Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New SYNC Update 23188

Reactions
I was having increasingly worse map and lockup issues with 22521 and then the new 23188 started loading. I didn't want to wait for the wifi so I stuck a USB in and then it really locked up. Showing a full screen but with no touch screen reaction and staying up even with the car OFF.

I pulled the negative battery terminal and waited a few minutes then started the car up and Sync then came back up ok and plugging the USB back in worked and updated to 23188.

I thought I bricked my ST but hopefully my battery reset story is helpful.

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
It probably isn't the best idea to interrupt an update while in process. I think it's understood SYNC 3's can be fidgety.

Reactions
It probably isn't the best idea to interrupt an update while in process. I think it's understood SYNC 3's can be fidgety.
Noted! To clarify, the wifi download had started but I didn't want to wait so I plugged in the USB.

It was acting super weird before any updates, I suppose because of increasing memory leak issues?

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
22 Explorer ST
So I’ve gotten this error message twice today when trying to do the update via USB. Went back, deleted the files and the initial download, redid the download and moved files to USB, tried it again and got the same message. Trying it one more time today.

Attachments

OP
D

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #126
So I’ve gotten this error message twice today when trying to do the update via USB. Went back, deleted the files and the initial download, redid the download and moved files to USB, tried it again and got the same message. Trying it one more time today.
Try following these directions from Ford.
1695587416248.png

Reactions
Vehicle
22 Explorer ST
Try following these directions from Ford.
View attachment 19723
Tried two soft resets back to back and then attempted the update. Same error message. From what I understand that error is from not enough memory to complete the update and the soft resets should clear that. I tried a master reset but after hitting continue the screen just sat there. I’m gonna try the soft resets into a master and see if I’m able to perform that. Then I’ll try and do the update again.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Make sure ALL the files from the file extraction made it to the thumb drive.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
The 23188 update USB has a script to clear RWDATA if it is full. You sure the update USB is version 23188? You really shouldn't be running into VER_ERR08

Reactions
Vehicle
22 Explorer ST
Definitely 23188. All the files that downloaded, all extracted to the usb. Not sure if I’m doing something wrong but I also was under the impression it was supposed to clear the rwdata so I’m extremely confused as well.

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
22 Explorer ST
So I’ve tried the update via usb another 5 times over the last two days with zero success and the same error message as the end result each time. I’m going to clear the files from the usb and download them on my work desktop and transfer a new set to the usb. I’ve done probably 20 soft resets and still can’t even get a master reset to complete. When I attempt a master reset the screen just sits with the continue button selected and the screen frozen.

Anyone have any suggestions on where to go from here?

OP
D

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #132
You could try disconnecting the battery for 10 or 15 minutes. I read where that worked for someone.

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
After doing this latest update i tried to use voice commands for Navigation system. After saying "Navigation" the system responded with "This feature is not available until the mapping software is updated" Never heard that before.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST 401A Pkg White Met Tri-Coat
After doing this latest update i tried to use voice commands for Navigation system. After saying "Navigation" the system responded with "This feature is not available until the mapping software is updated" Never heard that before.
Guess you never heard it say, "You don't need me, listen to your wife!" :ROFLMAO:

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
So I’ve tried the update via usb another 5 times over the last two days with zero success and the same error message as the end result each time. I’m going to clear the files from the usb and download them on my work desktop and transfer a new set to the usb. I’ve done probably 20 soft resets and still can’t even get a master reset to complete. When I attempt a master reset the screen just sits with the continue button selected and the screen frozen.

Anyone have any suggestions on where to go from here?
Call the number, 800-392-3673, on the error screen. Ford will help you through the issues.

Reactions
Vehicle
22 Explorer ST
You could try disconnecting the battery for 10 or 15 minutes. I read where that worked for someone.
Just did the hard reset this way and trying the usb update again now. If it doesn’t work, I’ll try calling the number and see how unhelpful they are lol

Reactions
Vehicle
20' Explorer ST
Whats the latest patch fix?

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
What does it resolve? I doubt they show "patch notes" of what they fixed/added?
For many it fixed a majorly f-ed up sync system. Memory problems, forgetting presets, etc. I never had and problems with mine but I updated to the latest a couple weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk