Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New SYNC Update 23188

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
My 2022 XT goes in tomorrow the issues I described above. They said there's 4.5 hours of shop time for the updates it needs. All under warranty happily...am at like 225K miles here....hopefully I;'ll have positive news to morrow- tyhey seem confident the updates they're going to apply will resolve the issues. Hopefully the APIM is OK..they thought it was last visit.
225K miles is the most I've seen posted on an ST and on a '22 no less, Must never have turned it off. :)

Seachief

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Stone Blue Explorer ST
225K miles is the most I've seen posted on an ST and on a '22 no less, Must never have turned it off. :)
WHOOPS, double-typed the second '2'. 25,967 miles. Very happily all my issues seem to be fully resolved by the upgrades they did. I haven't looked to see the SYNC and MAPS version #s, will try to add that when I get a minute. Hoping it stays stable...they made reference to the APIM having a problem during programming a # of times, but they seem to have succeeded. The APIM was not replaced (at this time anyway).

Reactions
WHOOPS, double-typed the second '2'. 25,967 miles. Very happily all my issues seem to be fully resolved by the upgrades they did. I haven't looked to see the SYNC and MAPS version #s, will try to add that when I get a minute. Hoping it stays stable...they made reference to the APIM having a problem during programming a # of times, but they seem to have succeeded. The APIM was not replaced (at this time anyway).
25K is way less impressive.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Hello All! I picked up my 23 ST in December 23, no issues with it till now, fortunately it's just the memory of the Dark version (night), and it always reverts back to a regular radio station, meaning it won't go to the Sirius station that I have programed. It won't update over my wifi as I suppose the file is too big? I don't have any black or blue screens, just those two memory issues. Running Sync 3.4....Any thoughts?

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Hello All! I picked up my 23 ST in December 23, no issues with it till now, fortunately it's just the memory of the Dark version (night), and it always reverts back to a regular radio station, meaning it won't go to the Sirius station that I have programed. It won't update over my wifi as I suppose the file is too big? I don't have any black or blue screens, just those two memory issues. Running Sync 3.4....Any thoughts?
Are you on Sync 3.4 23188? That's the whole point of this thread. Go to your Sync settings and see what version you have. If it's not 23188, go to the Ford site and load up a USB stick to upgrade. Wifi upgrade may not work because of the older version messes with a number of functions.

hbalek

Reactions
I bet your on Sync 3.4 version 22251. Your temporary file folder gets filled up and you run out of memory. That's when all the problems you described and others start to appear. After suffering through it from April to September of last year, when the update was released... My memory problems were more than you have. I had half a map, no navigation history or favorites, radio going from Sirius to FM every time. Update downloaded and installed in less than 1 hour with a USB stick! All problems went away.

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Updated mine last week
It was way beh8nd from March 2023

Then 2 days later ford owner site showed another update was ready???

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Updated mine last week
It was way beh8nd from March 2023

Then 2 days later ford owner site showed another update was ready???

The one pictured is definitely not the one you want.

Attachments