Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Name ONE ST Feature others might not know.....

Reactions
I'm an on the road salesmen and live in my ST, 55,000 miles a year.. When a company sells you feature, advertises as such and it's part of a $1000 option is it wrong to want that item you spent money on to work? This is just one problem to my six months long debacle.
Good morning,

I can see your frustration and disappointment. Sorry.

I am an engineer that works for a road authority (think DOT, but in Canada) . One of my files is to address the safety issues and legislative requirements associated with automated vehicles in our jurisdiction. While industry keeps hinting at automated vehicles being around the corner, a true automated vehicle is still decades away. Don't trust everything the salesmen have to say. (Sorry could not resist.)

If you bought a sport vehicle, so it could determine the legal speed limit for you and then set the cruise control at that speed, you may have bought the wrong vehicle, automation or not.

Good luck and safe travels,

Ron

PS. I have some magic beans for sale, if anyone needs some.

Reactions
I will take the magic beans. Here's my sport vehicle on it's way to engineer appointment. Best mpg's ever![/QUOT
I will take the magic beans. Here's my sport vehicle on it's way to engineer appointment. Best mpg's ever!
Love your sense of humour. Sorry that you need a tow. Good luck.

Reactions
Big Turk you are correct, ten days in the shop and my ST still isn't running. I definitely bought the wrong vehilcle!

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #248
Holding down the + or - button for cruise control moves in increments of 5 mph.

Update: units

Last edited:
OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #251
Turning on the GPS puts you in a random location, excellent feature, really comes in handy. I'm actually on hwy 7 but not according to my GPS.
Better spin that knob over to OFFROAD mode! :ROFLMAO: (So glad the Explorer doesn't do this automatically. My wife's RAV4 does this with the AWD, it drive me nuts.)

Reactions
Wow, oh I hope Ford doesn't go down that path. I'm still trying to figure out how they plan on implementing Blue Cruise when they can't fix my IACC, Bluetooth, GPS, fuel range and transmission. At least they got it running after fifteen days in the shop. Ford tried, fuel pump module, no luck, new fuel pump, no luck and then they realized it was a broken wiring harness from the factory. After seven months of being in the shop countless times I wish they could just get things to work as advertised! The saga continues.

Just curious, are the 21 ST's better? I do like the vehicle, unfortunately mine is a lemon.

WillHtx007

Reactions
Turning on the GPS puts you in a random location, excellent feature, really comes in handy. I'm actually on hwy 7 but not according to my GPS.
Mine did the same thing last month. Thankfully I was already on my way to the dealer for another issue. They updated the software and did a reset. Works fine since then. This is when I was at the dealership off of US 59.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Mine did the same thing last month. Thankfully I was already on my way to the dealer for another issue. They updated the software and did a reset. Works fine since then. This is when I was at the dealership off of US 59.

Is your ST a 20 or 21?

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #255

I noticed you have temperatures in the top corners. I believe that is an older build because those go away.

hbalek

Reactions
I noticed you have temperatures in the top corners. I believe that is an older build because those go away.
If you update to the latest Sync version they go away.

hbalek

Reactions
I have the latest version and temp still shows up
Well that makes no sense. Many here have reported that an update last year removed the interior HVAC temperature from the top corners. Mine disappeared and never returned. Every YouTube video of recent builds all show no interior temp on the display.

Reactions
Well that makes no sense. Many here have reported that an update last year removed the interior HVAC temperature from the top corners. Mine disappeared and never returned. Every YouTube video of recent builds all show no interior temp on the display.
I didn't realize you meant interior temp. Thought we were talking outside temp.