Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Name ONE ST Feature others might not know.....

Reactions
Nice comparison chart!

That hybrid sucks!
Man I had that wrong! I thought for sure I had read that it had more HP and torque than the ST. Maybe it’s 0-60 time is faster because of the instant torque from the motor(s).

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Man I had that wrong! I thought for sure I had read that it had more HP and torque than the ST. Maybe it’s 0-60 time is faster because of the instant torque from the motor(s).
The hybrid is not nearly as fast as the ST with a 0-60 more than 7 secs., but hey, it gets 24mpg. - this report tells all..... TestResultsCombinedMY2020_666841_7.pdf (michigan.gov) . Respectfully.

1611863156844.png

scottz99

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Didn't know the letters ST were projected from the side mirrors on the ground outside when it's dark and unlocking or opening doors.
Love the "Bat Signals"!

scottz99

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
When listening to SiriusXM and using the mute button, the program display (center display and dash) will continue to update. Handy so you know when the commercials are over and can unmute. My 2019 F-450 does not update; when mute is pushed, the display locks at that point; have to unmute to get it to update. Hoping the next Sync update fixes this.

scottz99

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
The rear door side windows have shades that can be pulled down.

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #206
Something I've learned is the REAR seating area needs to have some flow of air (setting 2-4) to properly regulate the AUTO temp in the vehicle. Anything higher than 4 means you can hear it.

Last edited:
OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #207
If you leave your heated seat & heated steering wheel setting ON (let's say setting 1) when you turn OFF your vehicle, it will be back ON (at setting 1) when you restart your ST. But it will go to full HEATED (setting 3) if you remote start your ST & it's cold outside. *Mind you, if you set it up that way in the console.

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #208
The Collision Avoidance system goes offline in any snow conditions (given time). It loves to remind you of this... often.

Reactions
The Collision Avoidance system goes offline in any snow conditions (given time). It loves to remind you of this... often.
Not always. The other day my wife was driving in a winter/wind storm, and there were sections of blowing snow over the highway. The collision avoidance would brake each time she came across an area where it was blowing/drifting across the road. The repeated braking was driving her nuts.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

hbalek

Reactions
Not always. The other day my wife was driving in a winter/wind storm, and there were sections of blowing snow over the highway. The collision avoidance would brake each time she came across an area where it was blowing/drifting across the road. The repeated braking was driving her nuts.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Mine used to do this on sunny days in the same location and all I could see were shadows from trees on the pavement. Also sometimes the reverse brake assist will think there's an obstacle when it actually pavement markers. Even funnier the speed sign recognition confuses a route 185 sign for speed limit 85 and starts accelerating when using intelligent cruise control! The actual speed limit is 35! When left on its own, it will adjust itself to the correct speed within a few hundred feet but it is scary if you're not paying attention.

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #211
Mine used to do this on sunny days in the same location and all I could see were shadows from trees on the pavement. Also sometimes the reverse brake assist will think there's an obstacle when it actually pavement markers. Even funnier the speed sign recognition confuses a route 185 sign for speed limit 85 and starts accelerating when using intelligent cruise control! The actual speed limit is 35! When left on its own, it will adjust itself to the correct speed within a few hundred feet but it is scary if you're not paying attention.
The ST thinking the speed limit is 85 happens more than it should. Very unsafe! It has happened at least a dozen times now. It must be in certain locations. Too bad we can't flag when it's wrong, like you can in Waze.

WillHtx007

Reactions
RWD based with longitudinally mounted engine. Prominent feature only premium, typically European, suv have.
That was the main selling point with the 2020. Extra foot room in the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hbalek

Reactions
The ST thinking the speed limit is 85 happens more than it should. Very unsafe! It has happened at least a dozen times now. It must be in certain locations. Too bad we can't flag when it's wrong, like you can in Waze.
The camera is reading certain signs wrong. But the other funny thing is when on a main road, it sometimes reads the lower speed limit of the parallel service road and adjusts.

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #214
The camera is reading certain signs wrong. But the other funny thing is when on a main road, it sometimes reads the lower speed limit of the parallel service road and adjusts.
It actually reads the signs? Okay, that makes more sense.

Why not associate the GPS location with the speed limit location (like Wazes) as a double check? Sounds like a smart/easy way to fix hitting 85 mph in a 35 mph zone.

hbalek

Reactions
It actually reads the signs? Okay, that makes more sense.

Why not associate the GPS location with the speed limit location (like Wazes) as a double check? Sounds like a smart/easy way to fix hitting 85 mph in a 35 mph zone.
I think it does both but gets confused sometimes. My 2013 used only the GPS for speed limit and it made a lot of mistakes and also I was too cheap to update the nav software. LOL

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I think it does both but gets confused sometimes. My 2013 used only the GPS for speed limit and it made a lot of mistakes and also I was too cheap to update the nav software. LOL
I'm pretty sure it does both. There are several places where it changes the speed limit well before I pass a sign.

scottz99

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
oh yeah, its got plenty of power to break loose and get sideways.
How do you break the tires loose in a 4x4? I can't, even with traction control off.

Reactions
How do you break the tires loose in a 4x4? I can't, even with traction control off.
because its not 4wd. its an intelligent AWD system. the front only grabs when you need it. put it in sport mode, turn the wheel and stand on it. its not going to spin like a Hellcat will, but itll break loose and get sideways.

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #219
because its not 4wd. its an intelligent AWD system. the front only grabs when you need it. put it in sport mode, turn the wheel and stand on it. its not going to spin like a Hellcat will, but itll break loose and get sideways.
Please tell me you have a video?! :D