Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Name ONE ST Feature others might not know.....

Reactions
The trunk's under-storage lid (& side covers) are reversible (hard top / soft top). Plus, the side lids can be made to be vertical in the slots (to make to cubby compartments).
Just found this feature and love it

Reactions
Not sure if this was mentioned but in sport mode the car in front of you changes into a mustang on the adaptive cruise

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #283
Not sure if this was mentioned but in sport mode the car in front of you changes into a mustang on the adaptive cruise
Try changing the mode more, it changes the vehicle type in other options.

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #284
I didn't see this feature mentioned in this thread. When you engage "Park" and within 5 seconds press the "M" (Manual) mode while in Park, it engages the Stay In Neutral mode. The manual recommends this be used while using the automatic car wash.
Don't forget to turn off the AUTO HOLD for the brakes at the stop lights. It took me a couple seconds to figure out why I wasn't moving in a car wash!

cegledi

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Did anyone find out if they sale this clip any where? I was giving the ok to take the one off of my 2020 ST but didn’t have the tool to remove it.
My brother 3D printed one for me. Super easy and cheap. Can’t believe this was a cost cutting measure they didn’t get slapped for.

cegledi

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
The camera is reading certain signs wrong. But the other funny thing is when on a main road, it sometimes reads the lower speed limit of the parallel service road and adjusts.
Funny??? That’s probably what I hate most about the whole “intelligent” cruise control. It is ridiculous to go from 75 mph down to 45 mph on the highway because it read some damn service road sign.

my wife’s answer to this… don’t ride in the right lane, it’s an ST - use it!

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #287
Not so much a feature, but does anyone else have to turn your lighting dial more than once to get to the desired setting? It is like it has a mind of it's own.

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
You cannot pull the hood release lever without having the driver's door open.

hbalek

Reactions
You cannot pull the hood release lever without having the driver's door open.
This is a safety feature so that you don't accidentally open the hood while the car is moving. It has a 2 pull hood release rather than a one pull and second release lever under the hood.

Reactions
When I don't want to carry my keys you can push the bottom 2 (7-8 + 9-0) numbers on the keypad to lock the car with my keys inside. Quicker than using the app imo. Also when unlocking if you type your code followed by 5-6 it will open the back hatch. 5-6 then 3-4 unlocks all doors and opens the hatch also I believe.

hbalek

Reactions
When I don't want to carry my keys you can push the bottom 2 (7-8 + 9-0) numbers on the keypad to lock the car with my keys inside. Quicker than using the app imo. Also when unlocking if you type your code followed by 5-6 it will open the back hatch. 5-6 then 3-4 unlocks all doors and opens the hatch also I believe.
The keypad thing applies to all Ford and Lincoln vehicles built over the past few decades!

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
This is a safety feature so that you don't accidentally open the hood while the car is moving. It has a 2 pull hood release rather than a one pull and second release lever under the hood.
Exactly.

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
You got it. We haven't carried our keys in the two years we have had our ST. Well, except when at the dealer for warranty repairs and they insist on having the keys in their hands

hbalek

Reactions
You got it. We haven't carried our keys in the two years we have had our ST. Well, except when at the dealer for warranty repairs and they insist on having the keys in their hands
I carry my keys because I don't have a keypad on the front door of my house!

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
So you just leave your keys in the ST all the time?

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #297
The recent update pushed down from Ford killed my battery. Had to use the key hidden in the key fob to unlock my doors + jump my battery.

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
So you just leave your keys in the ST all the time?
Yes, never an issue in having to find where the wife put the keys if I decide I want to drive it. If need be, she will start the ST with her phone and she always makes sure that it is locked at night with her phone.

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #299
Not sure if this one was mentioned.

If you enable the tachometer on the dashboard, from 6,000 RPM to 8,000 RPM will turn red when you accelerate quickly. Most of the time, it's not red.

Explorer ST Posts