Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler R&D Thread

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Where did you find data on the Whipple to compare?
Steeda’s site has whipple’s info on temps etc. I mean it’s all lab testing and if they’re comparable its a great brand/company and alternative.

OP
Mishimoto
Reactions
Thread Starter #82
Nice! How long do you think the pre-sale is going for?
As of right now we're aiming to end the presale in the next week or two!

Are there going to be any flow charts/temp charts to see how it compares to the whipple?
Direct comparisons to competitor products is not something that we typically test. We prefer to keep things friendly with the competition and rely on reputable third-party testers for these kinds of comparisons. We're working on getting feedback from tuners, so keep an eye out for that!

Steeda’s site has whipple’s info on temps etc. I mean it’s all lab testing and if they’re comparable its a great brand/company and alternative.
Just to add to this, I'm currently working on something for the blog that goes over our testing and data compiling process to give some insight into our final numbers

-Nick

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Thanks Nick, order placed!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Nick - For those of us who placed orders when the IC was first available on the Mishimoto site, any idea on a shipping date? I know you’ve said approximately three weeks after the announcement earlier in this thread but was wondering if that target still holds.

OP
Mishimoto
Reactions
Thread Starter #85
Nick - For those of us who placed orders when the IC was first available on the Mishimoto site, any idea on a shipping date? I know you’ve said approximately three weeks after the announcement earlier in this thread but was wondering if that target still holds.
Great question! We're expecting stock to arrive at our warehouse any day, so we'd estimate about a week or two at the most!

-Nick

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Great question! We're expecting stock to arrive at our warehouse any day, so we'd estimate about a week or two at the most!

-Nick
Thanks! Great news as you never know how supply chain issues may affect things. Looking forward to its arrival.

OP
Mishimoto
Reactions
Thread Starter #87
Hey Guys!

Just wanted to give you a quick update and let you know that we've officially launched this intercooler! Those of you that ordered on presale should be receiving shipping notifications shortly if you haven't already!

Thanks again for following along with our development! We're excited to see these installed on your vehicles and we're looking forward to your feedback!

-Nick

duck fan

Reactions
Hey Guys!

Just wanted to give you a quick update and let you know that we've officially launched this intercooler! Those of you that ordered on presale should be receiving shipping notifications shortly if you haven't already!

Thanks again for following along with our development! We're excited to see these installed on your vehicles and we're looking forward to your feedback!

-Nick
Just got my tracking email! Looking forward to getting it installed!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I received my shipping notice as well. Of course I’m out of town for two weeks, so my wife is going to wonder what the heck I’ve ordered for the ST now. :rolleyes: Oh well, glad to have it on its way even if I won’t be able to do anything with it for a little while. Look forward to seeing how the install goes for those others who’ve ordered it..

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
While we’re waiting for delivery, here’s the installation instructions;

https://cdn.mishimoto.com/media/productpdf/MMINT-EST-20_INSTALLATIONGUIDE.pdf

Thanks to Mishimoto for detailed instructions (including torque specs) and providing push clips for 2021 and greater models to replace the rivets we’ll have to drill out during the install. Even though folks have indicated that they aren’t really necessary.

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST

Thanks to Mishimoto for detailed instructions (including torque specs) and providing push clips for 2021 and greater models to replace the rivets we’ll have to drill out during the install. Even though folks have indicated that they aren’t really necessary.
Thanks for sharing those!

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Of course I go out of town and it shows up. Wife was very curious what came in such a big box lol...

duck fan

Reactions

Would have been super cool to get those instructions or a link to them before I installed mine. Even without instructions, I got mine installed in about 3 hours. I have a shop with a few lifts but I did the whole thing with the ST on the ground. Honestly, I'm still pretty peeved about the lack of instructions or link to them in the box anywhere or easily found on their site. There may have been some throwing things in the shop at one point that could have been avoided.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Would have been super cool to get those instructions or a link to them before I installed mine. Even without instructions, I got mine installed in about 3 hours. I have a shop with a few lifts but I did the whole thing with the ST on the ground. Honestly, I'm still pretty peeved about the lack of instructions or link to them in the box anywhere or easily found on their site. There may have been some throwing things in the shop at one point that could have been avoided.
Agree that it would have been nice if they included them with the product but in my dealings with Mishimoto, they’ve never included installation instructions with their products and yes, it is a PITA to find them on the site. They could take a page from Steeda and put a link to the installation instructions on the product page rather than having you go to a separate tab and then need to remember the part number to find the instructions.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
:love: now I just need to find some time.
obscura1660062690970.jpg

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Finally got around to it :)
img_20220820_161430_775.jpg

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Looks good. How long did the install take?