Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler R&D Thread

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
got lucky and got mine on Ebay before they were out of stock. Ordered last week and got it 2 days later

OP
Mishimoto
Reactions
Thread Starter #122
Hey Guys!

Just wanted to give you a heads up that these are now back in stock! We also made a short video clip to cover the tricky bits for those still waiting to install:

Thanks Nick. I've had 1 on order from Ron at Whoosh for a couple weeks now. Also have a catch can coming which I knew was on back-order. Does that mean I'll be getting one of the new IC versions?
We just made some enhancements to the current stock, the updated design won't be available until our next round of manufacturing

-Nick

Reactions
Hey Guys!

Just wanted to give you a heads up that these are now back in stock! We also made a short video clip to cover the tricky bits for those still waiting to install:

We just made some enhancements to the current stock, the updated design won't be available until our next round of manufacturing

-Nick
Can we see the enhancements made to the current stock, and any estimate on said "next round of manufacturing"?

OP
Mishimoto
Reactions
Thread Starter #124
Can we see the enhancements made to the current stock, and any estimate on said "next round of manufacturing"?
Nothing major, we took our stock from the warehouse and had our quality team along with our fabricator carefully remove the driver's side tab (as shown in the video) so that future customers won't need to do the modification themselves:

As for the next round of intercoolers, that can vary. It depends on when we need to restock so there's not a clear estimate on that. The only difference will be a new hook design instead of the cast tabs to allow for some additional adjustability when getting to that step in the installation. The rest of the intercooler design will remain unchanged.

-Nick

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
So im not sure anyone else but the bottom support was an absolute PTA. Maybe i didnt do it right but trying to tighten the screw on top while it since inside the IC bracket foot thing was such a pain. you cant really get a wrench in there and when you do it, you can only get like click and a half on each turn. im sure i did something wrong and ended up smashing the aluminum tube the the 17mm wrench holding the aluminum nut which in turn jammed in the aluminium nut subsequently shearing it in half. I was able to jimmy rig the setup with several washers and the aformentioned annoying screw and an old nut i had sitting in the leftover bucket. its ugly af but its sitting tight.

Honestly - a simple pin to keep the post from moving after its jammed tight would make life a bit easier. But it could have just been me.

20221011_181337.jpg

OP
Mishimoto
Reactions
Thread Starter #126
So im not sure anyone else but the bottom support was an absolute PTA. Maybe i didnt do it right but trying to tighten the screw on top while it since inside the IC bracket foot thing was such a pain. you cant really get a wrench in there and when you do it, you can only get like click and a half on each turn. im sure i did something wrong and ended up smashing the aluminum tube the the 17mm wrench holding the aluminum nut which in turn jammed in the aluminium nut subsequently shearing it in half. I was able to jimmy rig the setup with several washers and the aformentioned annoying screw and an old nut i had sitting in the leftover bucket. its ugly af but its sitting tight.

Honestly - a simple pin to keep the post from moving after its jammed tight would make life a bit easier. But it could have just been me.
Sorry to hear you had some issues with this stage of the install! We have replacement hardware packs available that includes these components if you would like to get those replaced! We're also wrapping up our full installation video that will go live in the next few days that gives a visual installing these struts.

I'll shoot you a PM!

-Nick

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I just purchased my Mishimoto Intercooler for my 22 ST! I can't wait for it to come in... Here in the Phoenix heat, that tiny Ford one won't do any good in the 115-120+ summer heat.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Just wanted to chime in, got my installed about (2) weeks ago and so far so good the vehicle loves it. From start to finish it took me about (3.5) hours and the hardest part was getting off the bumper cause those dam bolts... (you know if you know)
I did try installing it on my '21 but for it to fit correctly i did have to cut off the tab. The Mishimoto directions weren't the best but it's also a pretty straight forward install. If you do need reference there's a couple of good youtube videos out there that explain it well.
Intercooler 3.jpg

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I just received mine. Ordered it yesterday from eBay seller with a handful of them for $915. Everyone else everywhere was $1015, sp 100 off, hell yeah.

Purchased yesterday afternoon. Seller put tracking number in eBay 10 min ago, immediately says out for delivery and on trac pulled up while I was pulling the stock tune off the ST with my HP Tuner. Lol

Got my weekend all planned. New intercooler and play with a tune.

Reactions
I just received mine. Ordered it yesterday from eBay seller with a handful of them for $915. Everyone else everywhere was $1015, sp 100 off, hell yeah.

Purchased yesterday afternoon. Seller put tracking number in eBay 10 min ago, immediately says out for delivery and on trac pulled up while I was pulling the stock tune off the ST with my HP Tuner. Lol

the great deals on eBay are cool for forum members but what really kinda-sucks is actual ST retailers CAN'T advertise them for less than MAP price ($1,019.95)
I will say this , I'll match any eBay listing. I have a bunch here in stock ready to ship - what's fair is fair right?
Message me for eBay dealzzzz pricing

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
the great deals on eBay are cool for forum members but what really kinda-sucks is actual ST retailers CAN'T advertise them for less than MAP price ($1,019.95)
I will say this , I'll match any eBay listing. I have a bunch here in stock ready to ship - what's fair is fair right?
Thanks for letting me know! I am actually looking for more goodies to stock up and do a bunch of items at once, i.e. CAI, exhaust, etc... So it will be a full day of fun pulling everything off, and putting back together. Wife approved performance parts... :)... She LOVES this truck as well and wants more "go-fast" parts.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
This is great to have a Forum Vendor that is willing to earn our business. Ron, did this for me when I ordered my Whipple and I appreciated it.

Support your Forum Vendors! (y)

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST

I got mine off ebay as well from Mishimoto for $750