Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler R&D Thread

Reactions
Hey Guys!

I just wanted to give this thread a quick bump and let you all know that we're still wrapping up this project! We'll have some more info on the performance side of things once we get closer to our presale launch!

Don't hesitate to reach out with any questions you might have in the meantime!

-Nick
I sent you a pm but when can we get some units to test please email adam@tunedbyzfgracing.com

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

OP
Mishimoto
Reactions
Thread Starter #23
I sent you a pm but when can we get some units to test please email adam@tunedbyzfgracing.com

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Sorry I missed that! I'll shoot you a response now!

Hey Nick, Can you share if install would require the grill shutters to be removed?
Your grille shutters can stay with our kit! Basically, you'll need to take them off in order to do the actual install, but there's enough clearance that you can re-install with the intercooler.

-Nick

TeeJay_ST

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
@Mishimoto , Id like to talk with someone about testing and reviewing this fmic asap!

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
@Mishimoto , Id like to talk with someone about testing and reviewing this fmic asap!
Same, would like to get a test unit and document the install process. Then review the performance.

OP
Mishimoto
Reactions
Thread Starter #26
Hey Guys!

I just wanted to give you a quick update on where we're at with the intercoolers!

Right now we're in the production phase, which is getting close to wrapping up, so we're getting very close now. I'll have our final testing data along with a presale link coming for you very soon!

Thanks,
Nick

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Do we have any idea of a potential release date(s) yet?

OP
Mishimoto
Reactions
Thread Starter #28
Do we have any idea of a potential release date(s) yet?

Right now we're working on wrapping up production of these intercoolers, so we'll have a presale for you in the next few weeks, with the full launch about a month after that. We'll have some more concrete dates for you once we get closer to the presale though, just in case there are any unexpected delays in the production process

-Nick

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Right now we're working on wrapping up production of these intercoolers, so we'll have a presale for you in the next few weeks, with the full launch about a month after that. We'll have some more concrete dates for you once we get closer to the presale though, just in case there are any unexpected delays in the production process

-Nick
To go with that, is there data on what we gain from swapping over to the intercooler from you folks?

OP
Mishimoto
Reactions
Thread Starter #30
To go with that, is there data on what we gain from swapping over to the intercooler from you folks?
Yup! We'll have one more blog post loaded with dyno data that we'll publish with the presale!

-Nick

Reactions
Looking forward to the release and results, if any, over the existing intercoolers available.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Do you have pricing info available?

OP
Mishimoto
Reactions
Thread Starter #33
Looking forward to the release and results, if any, over the existing intercoolers available.
We'll have plenty of data for you guys coming in the next few weeks! So far everything is looking great, especially for those who are already running a tune

Do you have pricing info available?
We'll have pricing info available at our presale launch. What I can say for now is that we are pricing this intercooler to be competitive

-Nick

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Any idea that you can share about the ETA for the presale launch? I know that you’ll post here but it might help myself and others who are considering purchasing it if you could say that something will happen in 30 days or 60 days, etc.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Any idea that you can share about the ETA for the presale launch? I know that you’ll post here but it might help myself and others who are considering purchasing it if you could say that something will happen in 30 days or 60 days, etc.
Would have to agree.. Especially when there are others on the market currently. Seeing some numbers and price could sway people to hold off potentially.

OP
Mishimoto
Reactions
Thread Starter #36
Great question!

So, I was just checking out our timelines for everything and we're looking at a presale launch tentatively in early July. I say tentatively only because our launch is dependent on only a few more parts of the process that could adjust the date a smidge, but since we're still close we should be right on schedule. I'll get you guys an actual date once we wrap up those few remaining items!

Ok, now for the good stuff - Data and Pricing. I'm going to work on compiling the data into the next post which I'll have a link to on here on Tuesday. There's a TON of information that we gathered, and to be frank, we're stoked to share it with you guys.

As far as pricing goes, we're looking at a street price of $999.95, but we'll have an even steeper discount for the presale.

Thanks guys! I'll have more info on the intercooler's performance for you next week

-Nick

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thanks. The pricing is competitive, so that’s good news. Looking forward to seeing the data and that early July prelaunch sale.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Was getting ready to pull the trigger on the Whipple, but I may wait a little longer to see if we get more info and what launch pricing will be in the next couple weeks then.

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
Agree with rapid red, if the launch price is good I'm in!

Reactions
I just picked up my ST yesterday, so I guess this is good timing.

I don't expect there to be a performance improvement vs. the Whipple IC, so a launch discount price is what I'm looking for.