Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Vehicle Order Tracking

Reactions
Confirmed 12/3 for me and nothing yet. I still don’t understand how a 12/22 order goes through before a 12/3?
Neither do I. I'm incredulous to the date of production. Nothing in Chicago seems to have changed as far as this virus (I'll keep it at that) making work difficult. I'm assuming it has to do with parts available for the different builds all of us have.

With my '21 F-150 Lariat (emphasis on the Lariat), a big hold up was the moonroof. I did not have it, but with the spray-in bedliner added to the moonroof, it was considerably longer to have it built. I had the s-i bedliner, so those without it (choosing to opt for Line-X) received theirs even quicker. Also, I had a KC build, but having a Detroit build made it even worse for a variety of reasons!

The same held true to my '21 Bronco Sport. The moonroof (can't stand those things!) and the crossbars (not the siderails) held up many of those builds. I opted out of both and my build was quite quick.

Of course, all of this was in 2020. ALOT has happened since the building both vehicles, not the least is the chip shortages.

So frustrating to see this happen in our country. So freakin' frustrating!

Reactions
Confirmed 12/3 for me and nothing yet. I still don’t understand how a 12/22 order goes through before a 12/3?
I’m in a similar boat as you. Ordered mine with basically all options on 12/14. Got confirmation same day, but haven’t gotten any email updates since.

Reactions
Got an update on mine today. Order confirmation November 17th, scheduled for production week of March 7th. There is hope! My birthday is in April so maybe it will be a present for me! No window sticker yet, only fear at the moment is front plate. Doesn't show up in the photos or order sheet but waiting on window sticker to triple check. haha

2022 RWD, Atlas Blue, 401A, Roof Rails, and Cargo Area Management System. No tech package or moonroof.

Reactions
The order sequencing is definitely baffling. The order I placed with my original dealer back in August last year just got a build date of March 7th... apparently they kept my email address associated with that order after I cancelled.

My current order was placed by a different dealer in September and it's been built, sitting in Chicago since December 17th...

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Just got an update.

Ordered 12/28
Today received a build week March 7

Thought that was reasonable but then again it is not built yet either!

JANDJ

Reactions
Neither do I. I'm incredulous to the date of production. Nothing in Chicago seems to have changed as far as this virus (I'll keep it at that) making work difficult. I'm assuming it has to do with parts available for the different builds all of us have.

With my '21 F-150 Lariat (emphasis on the Lariat), a big hold up was the moonroof. I did not have it, but with the spray-in bedliner added to the moonroof, it was considerably longer to have it built. I had the s-i bedliner, so those without it (choosing to opt for Line-X) received theirs even quicker. Also, I had a KC build, but having a Detroit build made it even worse for a variety of reasons!

The same held true to my '21 Bronco Sport. The moonroof (can't stand those things!) and the crossbars (not the siderails) held up many of those builds. I opted out of both and my build was quite quick.

Of course, all of this was in 2020. ALOT has happened since the building both vehicles, not the least is the chip shortages.

So frustrating to see this happen in our country. So freakin' frustrating!
i can definitely see an issue with parts availability, but I ordered only one option (well three if you count the rubber floor mats and cargo liner) which was the street pack - no 401a, no roof, no tech. So unless there is a shortage of rubber floor mats I don’t think the parts are the issue. Could it be based on profit and the fact my order is devoid of high profit options? Who knows…..

JANDJ

Reactions
i can definitely see an issue with parts availability, but I ordered only one option (well three if you count the rubber floor mats and cargo liner) which was the street pack - no 401a, no roof, no tech. So unless there is a shortage of rubber floor mats I don’t think the parts are the issue. Could it be based on profit and the fact my order is devoid of high profit options? Who knows…..
Well I’ll be damned!! Just checked email and it’s as if Ford was monitoring…scheduled for production on March 7. Finally!!

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Well I’ll be damned!! Just checked email and it’s as if Ford was monitoring…scheduled for production on March 7. Finally!!
Good to hear. My dealer said they had 25 Explorers scheduled this week after two months of not much action. Hopefully Ford is getting a handle on the shortages. Then again anything can happen the next 7 weeks.

Reactions
Got an update on mine today. Order confirmation November 17th, scheduled for production week of March 7th. There is hope! My birthday is in April so maybe it will be a present for me! No window sticker yet, only fear at the moment is front plate. Doesn't show up in the photos or order sheet but waiting on window sticker to triple check. haha

2022 RWD, Atlas Blue, 401A, Roof Rails, and Cargo Area Management System. No tech package or moonroof.
My build date is the same week!

BeefStew

Reactions
Update on my order from Ford

order confirmed 11/30
scheduled to go into production week of March 7th
ST Atlas Blue, 401A Moonroof, Tech Package, Street Pack

:)

Blaster7Romeo

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Just got an update.

Ordered 12/28
Today received a build week March 7

Thought that was reasonable but then again it is not built yet either!

I ordered mine Dec 14th and just checked and said " order received " still

401a , tech pack, moon roof

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Same config plus ST pack. I believe tbey will be scheduling a lot between last week and next week to make up for no activity at end of year. Hopefully you get an update next week. Either that or you have a low priority dealer.

Even once scheduled there is no promise parts will be available come build time so I’m not holding my breath on 3/6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Aviator
Received a bit of a surprise last night, my production date changed to an earlier date. :oops:

Here are the dates for the order so far:
  • Ordered '22 ST (401A, moonroof, tech pack, 4wd) on 11/24/2021 (confirmed same day)
  • Rec'd VIN on 12/2/2021 w/ production date on 2/7/2022
  • Prod date changed to 1/17/2022 (via email received on 12/26/2021), still no window sticker available yet.
More movement on mine today (1/22/2022).
Via the Ford tracking site it has a "In production" date of 1/21/22, and est. delivery of Feb 9.

Blaster7Romeo

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I probably have a low priority dealer. I think I remember seeing a priority tab on the paper work they gave me. How do they rank or work in terms of numbers ?

Reactions
I probably have a low priority dealer. I think I remember seeing a priority tab on the paper work they gave me. How do they rank or work in terms of numbers ?
I believe for dealer retail orders they can assign 10-19, with 10 being the highest priority. I ordered from a smaller dealer and am priority 19, but they were fair pricing and no BS like the big guys around here.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Wow. Just got an email from Ford. My production week has been moved from March 7 to Feb 7. Ordered 12/28. Needless to say I am stoked.

Reactions
I ordered mine Dec 14th and just checked and said " order received " still

401a , tech pack, moon roof
I just got another update that my production date changed from week of march 7th to week of February 7th!! Ordered on December 11th.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Sounds like ours might be rolling down the line together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk