Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Vehicle Order Tracking

amr19

Reactions
Did you ever receive a “built” email? How did you find out it was at the Auction house?
No nothing as built. Tracker still says in Production. I actually tracked it from united road it shows it was there with 2 xlt explorers on the delivery receipt as of 2 days ago. I also was able to add it to my Ford Pass so I can check the location when they have moved it. It was previously at the Auto Warehousing Company and now at Manheim Chicago Auto Auction.

Reactions
No nothing as built. Tracker still says in Production. I actually tracked it from united road it shows it was there with 2 xlt explorers on the delivery receipt as of 2 days ago. I also was able to add it to my Ford Pass so I can check the location when they have moved it. It was previously at the Auto Warehousing Company and now at Manheim Chicago Auto Auction.
How do you check the location on the ford pass app? I have my car added as well but don’t know when it will ever arrive

Reactions
Wow. Just got an email from Ford. My production week has been moved from March 7 to Feb 7. Ordered 12/28. Needless to say I am stoked.
I got a 3rd email that mine will be built next week!!! I was super suprised!!!

amr19

Reactions
How do you check the location on the ford pass app? I have my car added as well but don’t know when it will ever arrive
Did it get activated on their end? If they did which their not supposed to but I kept clicking it... if you click vehicle up top on that page it will show you the mileage, fuel and above can click for location.

Last edited:

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
So according to tracking mine is now in production. Was Mar 7, then Feb 7. Now I'm worried if all my parts will arrive in time :)

BeefStew

Reactions
Just got an email updating my production week from March 7th to next week :)

did ford just get a big shipment of parts (chips)

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I don't know but it looks like they have production up to warp speed compared to the past year.

Reactions
Just got an email updating my production week from March 7th to next week :)

did ford just get a big shipment of parts (chips)
That's awesome! I'm obsessively checking mine, was moved from March 7th to Feb. 14th.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
You're not the only one obsessively checking.

Just got a VIN....woohoo!

And a window sticker!

Last edited:
Reactions
Has anyone with a build week of 1/3/21 received a built email or their vehicle?

GORDO

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
22’ ST
Has anyone with a build week of 1/3/21 received a built email or their vehicle?
Mine update on 1/8 says it was built 1/7. Nothing since then. Only options are street pack and second row bench.

Reactions
Mine update on 1/8 says it was built 1/7. Nothing since then. Only options are street pack and second row bench.
I was scheduled for 1/6 and still shows “in production” on the tracker. I asked the dealership and they couldn’t provide any info. I had Tech, street, and moonroof as options

cmills

Reactions
Hi guys! Hoping some of you have some insight, since this is my first time ordering. Order confirmed on 11/24 - 401A, twin panel moonroof. Set for production on 2/7, then moved up to 1/17. Went into production 1/19. Per my dealer, it was built on 1/19 then moved offsite (which I tracked via palsapp) to Manheim Auto Auction. Dealer told me this was common for adding additional items after production. Cool, no problems there. However, I had an estimated delivery date of 2/18 which moved this morning to 5/19. I've checked the as built data which shows BCE modules are loaded but no PCM. I can only assume this is part of the hold up. I plan to call the dealer on Monday to see if there's a note in the visibility report but wanted to see if anyone else has hit the same problems. I had zero urgency when I ordered it, but knowing it's sitting in a random lot *mostly* ready makes me a little impatient lol!

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
While it's not directly related to an ST, my cousin works for GM in Lansing, MI. Due to the chip shortages they are shipping vehicles that aren't completely finished (he says thousands) off to large parking areas (including auto auction sites) while waiting for various parts to arrive. They have certain contractual obligations, so they don't want to just idle a plant until everything shows up. I'm sure Ford is in the exact same boat since more than one poster on this site has mentioned tracking their vehicles only to see them showing up at auction sites until the necessary parts arrive. Just be patient!

Reactions
While it's not directly related to an ST, my cousin works for GM in Lansing, MI. Due to the chip shortages they are shipping vehicles that aren't completely finished (he says thousands) off to large parking areas (including auto auction sites) while waiting for various parts to arrive. They have certain contractual obligations, so they don't want to just idle a plant until everything shows up. I'm sure Ford is in the exact same boat since more than one poster on this site has mentioned tracking their vehicles only to see them showing up at auction sites until the necessary parts arrive. Just be patient!
This has been happening with other Ford vehicles at other plants for over a year now, esp. with the F-150.

amr19

Reactions
Hi guys! Hoping some of you have some insight, since this is my first time ordering. Order confirmed on 11/24 - 401A, twin panel moonroof. Set for production on 2/7, then moved up to 1/17. Went into production 1/19. Per my dealer, it was built on 1/19 then moved offsite (which I tracked via palsapp) to Manheim Auto Auction. Dealer told me this was common for adding additional items after production. Cool, no problems there. However, I had an estimated delivery date of 2/18 which moved this morning to 5/19. I've checked the as built data which shows BCE modules are loaded but no PCM. I can only assume this is part of the hold up. I plan to call the dealer on Monday to see if there's a note in the visibility report but wanted to see if anyone else has hit the same problems. I had zero urgency when I ordered it, but knowing it's sitting in a random lot *mostly* ready makes me a little impatient lol!
Mine is also at the Auction site now its been moved 2 times from different lots. Dealer only sees chip delay on their end. Has been listed as in production since 11/23 and delivery date has changed 3 times now which it was supposed to be 1/31 that won't be happening.