Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Vehicle Order Tracking

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer
Does anyone know when the ford tracking website updates as the car being delivered? My new explorer is set to be delivered any day and has been in transit for a couple weeks now and getting very anxious. Hoping for a delivery of today, think it may already be at the dealership and it hasn’t been updated on the website yet, any insight?

Reactions
Does anyone know when the ford tracking website updates as the car being delivered? My new explorer is set to be delivered any day and has been in transit for a couple weeks now and getting very anxious. Hoping for a delivery of today, think it may already be at the dealership and it hasn’t been updated on the website yet, any insight?
Several people have reported it not being updated until well after delivery or never at all.

My dealer texted me on 6/6 when mine shipped, the tracking website didn't show it as shipped until 6/10. It was marked as built on 5/26.

I was given an ETA of 6/14-6/20, it's Chicago to Detroit, should be pretty quick, but I suspect they mark the vehicle as shipped as soon as the shipping company accepts the order and not when the company actually picks it up.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer
Several people have reported it not being updated until well after delivery or never at all.

My dealer texted me on 6/6 when mine shipped, the tracking website didn't show it as shipped until 6/10. It was marked as built on 5/26.

I was given an ETA of 6/14-6/20, it's Chicago to Detroit, should be pretty quick, but I suspect they mark the vehicle as shipped as soon as the shipping company accepts the order and not when the company actually picks it up.
Mine was built 6/3 and was moved to shipped, ETA of 6/11-6/17 from Chicago to southeast Iowa. Was really hoping it would be on the early end of that spectrum. Wish there was a way to actually track the convoy number that I got from ford chat.

Reactions

Mine was also built 5/26. I’m also Chicago to Detroit with an ETA of 6/13-6/19. According to Ford chat it’s still awaiting shipment. I hope my eta doesn’t change.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer st
my ford tracking says its still waiting to ship, but i picked it up yesterday. take what the tracking site says with a grain of salt.

BlueJet28

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
My ST was scheduled to be delivered June 3rd-9th. I drove to the dealership last night and didn’t see it on the lot. Tried checking the order status site, though it failed to load. When I checked a few minutes ago, it now says final preparation…so I’m hopeful it arrived today! (Minus a few chips :confused:)

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer
My ST was scheduled to be delivered June 3rd-9th. I drove to the dealership last night and didn’t see it on the lot. Tried checking the order status site, though it failed to load. When I checked a few minutes ago, it now says final preparation…so I’m hopeful it arrived today! (Minus a few chips :confused:)
I just now tried to check my vehicle tracking status on the Ford website and it says I need to enter a valid VIN even though I’ve been doing it during the entire process?

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer st
I just now tried to check my vehicle tracking status on the Ford website and it says I need to enter a valid VIN even though I’ve been doing it during the entire process?
What status was your vehicle in last? The ford tracking is notoriously unreliable, when i got a call from my dealership that my st had arrived, i tried double checking on the website and it gave me the same error message.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer
What status was your vehicle in last? The ford tracking is notoriously unreliable, when i got a call from my dealership that my st had arrived, i tried double checking on the website and it gave me the same error message.
It was in the shipped status. Estimated arrival between 6/11-6/17

Pittsburgh.ST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I ordered my ST on April 7. I received a confirmation from Ford the same day and haven't heard anything since. I called the dealer this morning because I decided to add the panoramic roof. The salesman said it wouldn't change my place in line and that they would add it. He also said I was a priority code of 10. He called me back and said that if I wanted to add it I would lose my place because my priority was now a 2. I told him to not change the order because I don't want to start over. I still haven't had any emails from Ford to schedule a production date. Has anyone ever heard of a priority code of 2? He said the dealer can't assign a 2 code.

BlueJet28

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I’m amazed the website even worked when I tried it; it’s definitely unreliable.

Decided to drive past the dealership last night and saw my ST parked in front in the delivery spots. I won’t be picking it up for a bit until my sales guy I’ve dealt with for many years returns, but it looks sleek!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I ordered my ST on April 7. I received a confirmation from Ford the same day and haven't heard anything since. I called the dealer this morning because I decided to add the panoramic roof. The salesman said it wouldn't change my place in line and that they would add it. He also said I was a priority code of 10. He called me back and said that if I wanted to add it I would lose my place because my priority was now a 2. I told him to not change the order because I don't want to start over. I still haven't had any emails from Ford to schedule a production date. Has anyone ever heard of a priority code of 2? He said the dealer can't assign a 2 code.
I had a similar situation. I ordered on March 2. I called my dealer a few weeks ago with a change and he said mine was priority code 02, so making changes would be difficult, but I wouldn't lose my place in line. He needed to call the zone manager and ask them to change the code to 10 or higher. My dealer would make the change then follow up with the zone manager and ask that the code be moved back to 02.

Long story, short; I was able to make a change to an order with a priority code of 02. I have since verified with Ford both the change and the 02 code.

Good luck!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer
I’m amazed the website even worked when I tried it; it’s definitely unreliable.

Decided to drive past the dealership last night and saw my ST parked in front in the delivery spots. I won’t be picking it up for a bit until my sales guy I’ve dealt with for many years returns, but it looks sleek!
I've thought about driving by the dealership to just see if it happened to be there, but my dealership is about 45 minutes away and would HATE to drive all the way there for it to not be there and me be let down even more than I was before. The anticipation is killing me, I wish the had a better way to track the shipping of the vehicle like they have on packages through the mail. Oh well, hopefully it shows up in the next few days.

Redvalk

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Exporer ST
So after waiting over 2 months to take delivery of my Explorer ST, I decided on Saturday 6/4/2022 to drop the vehicle and purchased a nicely loaded out 2022 F150 instead. The dealership worked with me and completely bought me out of my loan on the ST.

Funny thing now, is that yesterday 6/9/2022 my mother went to the ford dealership to talk about trading in her mustang and getting a new vehicle, only to find out that the ST I was waiting on finally got put out for shipment and will arrive at the end of June. I kind of figured that this would happen. But now my mom is thinking of picking up this explorer when it arrives, so at least it will still be in the family if she does.
So finally the ST I ordered back on 8 January, has actually finally shipped also. I have that confirmed through both the Ford Tracking site and an alternative site. So it may actually finally show up THIS time...the fifth "window" they gave me over all these months. This 5th window is for 24-30 June. Like Deathmonkey, a family member....my daughter....has stated she wants to buy it....but as I noted before, they aren't giving her the $1000 I would have gotten for ordering it as an incentive.....and ....they've raised the price considerably from the base price I was paying. She's still getting an A plan like I was, but the cost of the car.....even though it was made LONG ago (built on 14 March)....Ford says she's not the original buyer, they're going to jack the price up a couple of thousand dollars on the MSRP. That's on her to deal with.

And no, I've never looked back on giving up on THIS order and buying the Carbonized Gray I found 75 miles away. The deal was a few thousand more....but I got the moonroof and 4WD with that slightly higher price. I'm thrilled I have my car NOW (actually, over a week) and ended the agonizing wait. If my daughter actually gets the car I ordered, all the more power to her.....we'll have two STs in the family then. If the one I ordered actually comes in the end of June, it will be JUST UNDER SIX MONTHS on the ordering process/wait.

Reactions
The zone manager assigns codes 1-9. Don’t think it does much good—have had an F150 on order since 10/29. It is a 2 priority.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hey all!

Just took delivery of a 2022 Explorer ST In Star White Tri.
Ordered 1/21/22
Priority Code 19
Took delivery at Dealership 6/8/22.
Has pretty much every option; 401A, Twin Panel Moonroof, Premium Tech Package. It DID have contour seats and the hands free tailgate opening installed. It DID NOT have 2nd row climate control installed, just the blank.

STayFord

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thinking of canceling my order (confirmed on 5/30). Dealer says they have to include a ‘Resistall’ exterior/interior protectant for $1,295. Absolute bs in my opinion. I told them to remove it from the sales draft which prompted the General Sales Mgr to respond with a long email why it has to be done to all their vehicles. I replied back saying either drop it or I drop the order. All this tells me is when the vehicle actually arrives I’m in for painful and lengthy visit of dealing with their sales mouths. This is the whole reason I went with a custom order in the first place; to avoid sales talk that I have zero patience for.

PenFed is offering lower finance rates for members that purchase via TruCar. Never used TruCar but there’s a few participating Ford Dealers within a 2hr drive that responded at MSRP. Exploring that as an alternate avenue.

Reactions
I agree, sounds like BS. I suspect with the vehicle shortage, dealers are doing other things to generate profit.

At this point, you're only out 2 weeks of your time if you go elsewhere, it may be worth it.