Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Vehicle Order Tracking

BabsST38

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Grabbed a dealer ordered vehicle. Born on date was June 9th (per the window sticker). It arrived at the dealer today (Chicagoland) and I’m taking delivery tomorrow.

STayFord

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Purchased an on the lot forged green ST today. Matched my order for the most part yet was getting a better deal than I would have on my custom order. MSRP & $1000 off with Ford’s military special running through July 5th. Drove 2.5hrs out to Pensylvania to a smaller town to snag the deal. Greater Washington DC area is all $3k-$6k marksups for on lot inventories so I was happy to find it.

Although I’m passing on my current order, I’ll still post order updates as I get them for timeline data. 28AA636D-AB13-4293-8B0E-8567D71DCC9D.jpeg

Reactions
Purchased an on the lot forged green ST today. Matched my order for the most part yet was getting a better deal than I would have on my custom order. MSRP & $1000 off with Ford’s military special running through July 5th. Drove 2.5hrs out to Pensylvania to a smaller town to snag the deal. Greater Washington DC area is all $3k-$6k marksups for on lot inventories so I was happy to find it.

Although I’m passing on my current order, I’ll still post order updates as I get them for timeline data. View attachment 13087
Beautiful! I was really leaning towards ordering a Forged Green...but in the end, decided on Atlas Blue. 4 months and still nothing. I may have to look around like you to find a "similar" optioned St.

Redvalk

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Exporer ST
My Explorer ST has finally shipped. I put my order in July 1st 2021.
I'm sure you're thinking what most of us are thinking.....about damn time!!!!!!!!!!!o_O It's going to be over a year by the time you get it no doubt. You've got far more patience than I do!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer
I have found a dealer with multiple ST's in stock that I am SOOOOOOOO close to cancelling my order and going to pick one of them up. They are ST's as opposed to my XLT order with all of the options, and a few more than I had ordered, EXCEPT for the in headrest entertainment system for my kids, but at this point. I am NEARLY willing to abandon for the ability to have one NOW.

Redvalk

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Exporer ST
I have found a dealer with multiple ST's in stock that I am SOOOOOOOO close to cancelling my order and going to pick one of them up. They are ST's as opposed to my XLT order with all of the options, and a few more than I had ordered, EXCEPT for the in headrest entertainment system for my kids, but at this point. I am NEARLY willing to abandon for the ability to have one NOW.
That's EXACTLY what I did....and I've never looked back. The one I ordered 8 January has still never come....and for now, my daughter is waiting for it. But she's starting to look around for one on a Dealer lot now too. And the one I ordered ....has said "Shipped" on the Ford site since 13 June. But when you check tracking sites like United Road, V-LMS customer tracking....or even call/chat with Ford....they all say it's NEVER left the parking lot in Chicago. It's said "at Ramp 79, Chicago IL" ever since 13 June. Kind of reminds me of dealing with vendors on Amazon and Ebay....that claim your package has "shipped"...because they've notified USPS they INTEND to ship some day....and they have a "label created". If you check USPS, of course, they've received NOTHING from the vendor. And that status will go on like that for days. But if you recheck with the vendor, they insist they've "shipped" the item. In my mind, until an item LEAVES the designated vendor, and is received by a shipper, NOTHING has shipped. I think it's more like "pending shipping".

Anyway, I've now owned my car just short of a month....and I've NEVER LOOKED back at that order I made right after the New Year! I got a few options I didn't order (moon roof and 4WD)...and paid a little extra over my original deal of course to get those two things, but I'm EXTREMELY happy with the one I bought and that I no longer have to go on waiting and waiting. To quote another famous vendor, "Just Do It!". You'll never look back...........

Bobisbad

Reactions
Vehicle
2008 IS350
When were you guys able to pull up the window sticker on the tracking page? I'm scheduled for assembly on July 11th and still no window sticker available.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Sticker, at least on my Bronco, usually shows up 7 days prior to blend date, which is when it's invoiced

Redvalk

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Exporer ST
Thought the one I ordered 8 January was FINALLY going to be here today. V-LMS/VMISS tracking site had gone from inactive....to pending pickup last Friday (and Ford confirmed car was at the Rail Yard in nearby Birmingham)....to pending pickup with an Estimated Delivery of June 28 late last night. So I thought, FINALLY....this "tale" would end. But then about an hour ago, my order disappeared from the V-LMS/VMISS tracking site. I thought ....maybe delivered? Nope. Did a Search....and now.....it shows......ON HOLD.

I have no idea what/why that may mean...other than...it's "duh"...ON HOLD. My daughter is driving up from Florida for the 4th weekend to visit with us and buy the car. The car buying part may not happen.............

Thought the Fat Lady was warming up and about to sing, Silly Goose............there I go thinking again :love:

Every time some other "hitch" occurs in this order, I get a big smile on my face knowing I bought that other ST a month ago now............(y) o_O

BabsST38

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
When were you guys able to pull up the window sticker on the tracking page? I'm scheduled for assembly on July 11th and still no window sticker available.
So my vehicle was dealer ordered. I found it on Ford’s inventory page for the local dealer. The called them and told them I’d buy it. Because it was on Ford’s inventory page the sticker was listed and it changed once the vehicle was actually assembled.

Redvalk

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Exporer ST
Ok....here's some insight on one possible explanation of "ON HOLD" (when you're in TRANSIT, not before it's shipped). Made multiple emails and calls to Ford Motor Co., Dealer and United Road. AT FIRST....it was United said it was Ford that put it on hold. Ford said nope, must have been United. Dealer said he didn't have a clue (I can believe that!). They went around two passes each in denial.

Anyway, after emails and calls yesterday and today, about an hour ago United contacted me and said "We're so sorry. We passed your shipment on to a third party trucking firm, and sure enough...we have confirmed THEY put your shipment on hold just as soon as they got it. They're low on trucks and drivers....and have in fact confirmed, it will probably be WEEKS (emphasis added by me) before they get around to shipping and delivering. We'll make this a top priority and take possession back for the shipping". I'll admit, I was skeptical at first. Bam, within minutes the car showed back up on "Current Shipments" on the V-LMS/VMISS site...then minutes later PENDING PICKUP....and then about 15 minutes later....DELIVERY 30 JUNE (tomorrow). We'll see IF THIS TIME, it really does ship/come.

So two things:
1. Sometimes, the squeaky wheel really does get the grease.....
2. If you see your vehicle ON HOLD on the V-LMS/VMISS site while in transit....be suspicious....very suspicious (and perhaps be proactive). Had I let that just sit there and said nothing, it sounds like from United Roads own admission, it would have sat at the rail yard for perhaps several weeks longer.......

But of course, the "fat lady still hasn't sung", as the vehicle still isn't here.................yet............. :love: o_O

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer
Mine has FINALLY ARRIVED!! I got the text from my dealer last night at about 6:30 saying that my vehicle just hit their lot and he sent me a few pictures of it. I don't know if I was a defector at all at making the delivery happen faster, but I would like to think I was and I'll explain why..:

After various live chat sessions with Ford Chat, they had given me a convoy number that was through the company TransLogix LLC. After doing some google searching on the company initially I found a phone number for their Chicago Facility (773) 646-3285. That number then transferred me to the main headquarters of Adcock Transport (717) 665-0313. (Who is the trucking company that was apparently handling my shipment). When I had talked to them multiple times, all they could tell me was that it was released for shipment a few days after the build date on the Ford Tracking site. They gave me the phone number for the guy that does all of the scheduling for the trucks in the Chicago lot (The Terminal Manager). His name was Eddy and his phone number was (708) 712-0802. I called this phone number probably 10 times over the course of 2 weeks and left several voicemails. I got 0 answered phone calls, and 0 returned calls from this number, so he must be a ghost.

After a few more days of no answers on what was going on, I did another search on the TransLogix LLC company and found the website of http://www.autowc.com/ which I believe to be the warehousing company that holds all of the vehicles out of the Ford Plant. Off of a whim, I sent an email to the email address they had listed on their website with absolutely no intention of getting a reply. BUT I DID GET A REPLY, probably within 30 minutes of sending it from the Facilities and Project manager of the company and he told me he would personally get in touch with the facility that processes the explorers and would get back to me when he got more information. I fully did not expect to get an actual answer back from him, especially after a day had passed I thought for sure he had done nothing to help, but as soon I started to lose hope an email from him popped up saying that my car was still sitting in their yard waiting pickup from the trucking company but that they were going to do their best to expedite the shipping on it and try to have it off of their lot within 24 to 48 hours. (this reply was yesterday morning). Sure enough, within 10 hours later I got the text from the dealer saying it was ready for pickup.

So long story short, with enough complaining and digging for information, you may get what you want, and you may not, but I'm finally going to pick up my car tonight and this stressful journey is over.

P.S. the ford tracking site still says in transit...

cbowman6

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Timberline
Mine finally arrived Wednesday of last week. Picked it up thursday. This is probably the best vehicle I have ever owner. I love it. Pictures to come soon. Here is my order timeline hopefully this helps someone.

Ordered: March 10
Build date given: May 2nd.
Build changed to April 11th.
In Production: April 13th.
Build completed: May 22nd.
Shipped: May 24th.
Delivery said to be 06/19-06/25.
Picked it up on 06/23.

Redvalk

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Exporer ST
The Red ST I ordered 8 Jan finally came into the Dealer today. One more twist, I noticed on V-LMS it shows it has some damage. So I called the Dealer, and they said yes, two of the three Explorers they got in on this shipment had damage. Ours has a minor scratch on the front fender. I'll go look at it today, but it doesn't sound like it's too bad. It will be up to my daughter (who's buying it) to decide if it's ok/acceptable. Dealer claims the scratch is tiny. The other one with damage, was more significant. It was an Atlas Blue one ordered in December, and it has a large scratch on it. That's why the carrier did NOT drop it off last night after hours like they normally would. They waited until the Dealer was open today to go over the damaged vehicles.

So here's the final "journey" data for the Red ST we ordered:

Ordered 8 January
Blended 2 March
Invoiced 10 March
Built 14 March
Shipped 13 June (almost THREE MONTHS AFTER IT WAS BUILT!)
Delivered 1 July (just under 6 months after ordering)

So another tidbit....you can look at your delivery receipt on both United Road and V-LMS and see if your car is noted to have damage.

Pittsburgh.ST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thank God it's over.

Reactions
Hey everyone...I ordered my St on February 14th and haven't heard a peep yet. No confirmation, no VIN, nothing. Should I be worried? I have already started looking around me for other potential candidates to replace my order, but haven't found anything close to what I am looking for. Also looking used, but due to the fact that I can get the Z plan, a new St is the same price or even cheaper than used.

My dealer told me my order went from a priority 10 to a 2 on April 8th...Any advise?

Thanks,

Brian

Pittsburgh.ST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Hey everyone...I ordered my St on February 14th and haven't heard a peep yet. No confirmation, no VIN, nothing. Should I be worried? I have already started looking around me for other potential candidates to replace my order, but haven't found anything close to what I am looking for. Also looking used, but due to the fact that I can get the Z plan, a new St is the same price or even cheaper than used.

My dealer told me my order went from a priority 10 to a 2 on April 8th...Any advise?

Thanks,

Brian
I'd call the dealer and ask them to look into what's going on. When my order changed from a 10 to a 2 it was scheduled the following week. Good luck!

Reactions
I'd call the dealer and ask them to look into what's going on. When my order changed from a 10 to a 2 it was scheduled the following week. Good luck!
Will do. I will call them in the morning. Thanks for the advise.

Brian

Explorer22ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
22 Explorer ST

Thanks,

Brian
I had a deposit on an ST that was dealer ordered in January. The vehicle was built in early June. It’s been sitting in an “awaiting shipment” status for weeks. I started monitoring the other ST’s ordered and arriving at dealers in my area. I was buying on D Plan. As the new vehicles arrived I contacted the dealer to ask if they would sell on D Plan. Eventually found my ST and dealer who would honor D Plan. Brought it home a week ago. The one that I was waiting for is still in the awaiting shipment status. I would encourage you to look around and check other options. Wishing you the best with the process. Take care.

Explorer ST Posts