Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Vehicle Order Tracking

Redvalk

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Exporer ST
Me too! It’s been awaiting shipment since May 26th.
Mine got built on 14 March....then was awaiting shipment for almost exactly THREE MONTHS. It just shipped this week on Monday, 1 day short of 3 months since it was built. My daughter is waiting on it ... since I gave up on it and got another one I found.........

As I've said several times before on here....just because they finally build it, doesn't mean they will ship any time soon!

Redvalk

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Exporer ST
Hi all. Does anyone know of a different, but reliable, Ford vehicle tracking site that this one? Thanks very much. https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking
I use ALL of the following:

1. The Ford "official" site you listed....which seems to be down more than it is up....and often, unreliable or late with info - https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking
2. This site, built and ran by another member on here....and listed elsewhere in this LONG thread...it always seems to be up and working - https://ordertrack.app/
3. This site (also listed elsewhere in this long thread)....for finding out more shipping info....to include the Load number for shipping from United Road ....and when it finally arrives, you can click on the dealer name and and a bill of laiding will appear (you may have to refresh and click on the CAPTCHA reference) - https://www.unitedroad.com/delivery-receipt
4. Once you get the Load number from the above site, to REALLY see if there is movement/shipping on your vehicle, I finally go here....to OVISS and put in the Load number under search (you can also track by VIN and other methods if desired)....and you can link to your dealer and see EXACTLY ALL the vehicles he is getting, what their shipping status is (inactive - not shipping any time soon, Pending pickup - shipping soon, In Route - actually on the way, Delivered, etc. )...so you can literally see EXACTLY where your vehicle (or any of your Dealers' vehicles....or for that matter ...ANYONE's shipment you have a VIN for) is in the shipment process....even has a GPS driven tracker to follow the truck to your dealer (I knew when the one I bought was minutes from arrival to the Dealer....and I told them so) - https://new.unitedroadlogistics.com/Oviss/Screens/CustomerTracking/orders

The last site, number 4 in the list....is REALLY good. You can even see the invoice when the dealer signs for your car! I thought this would be good, to have ALL these sites listed in ONE PLACE. So here you go................

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer

1. The Ford "official" site you listed....which seems to be down more than it is up....and often, unreliable or late with info - https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking
2. This site, built and ran by another member on here....and listed elsewhere in this LONG thread...it always seems to be up and working - https://ordertrack.app/
3. This site (also listed elsewhere in this long thread)....for finding out more shipping info....to include the Load number for shipping from United Road ....and when it finally arrives, you can click on the dealer name and and a bill of laiding will appear (you may have to refresh and click on the CAPTCHA reference) - https://www.unitedroad.com/delivery-receipt
4. Once you get the Load number from the above site, to REALLY see if there is movement/shipping on your vehicle, I finally go here....to OVISS and put in the Load number under search (you can also track by VIN and other methods if desired)....and you can link to your dealer and see EXACTLY ALL the vehicles he is getting, what their shipping status is (inactive - not shipping any time soon, Pending pickup - shipping soon, In Route - actually on the way, Delivered, etc. )...so you can literally see EXACTLY where your vehicle (or any of your Dealers' vehicles....or for that matter ...ANYONE's shipment you have a VIN for) is in the shipment process....even has a GPS driven tracker to follow the truck to your dealer (I knew when the one I bought was minutes from arrival to the Dealer....and I told them so) - https://new.unitedroadlogistics.com/Oviss/Screens/CustomerTracking/orders

The last site, number 4 in the list....is REALLY good. You can even see the invoice when the dealer signs for your car! I thought this would be good, to have ALL these sites listed in ONE PLACE. So here you go................
When I try to go to your step 4 website it is asking for a login, how do you get past this? I have my convoy number that I got through Ford Chat, but I have no way to track that. And the step 3 that you have listed gives me no data when I put in my vin. Maybe you can see something that I can't? My VIN is 1FMSK8DH3NGB66170.

Attachments

Explorer22ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
22 Explorer ST

Thanks for sharing Tim!

Redvalk

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Exporer ST
When I try to go to your step 4 website it is asking for a login, how do you get past this? I have my convoy number that I got through Ford Chat, but I have no way to track that. And the step 3 that you have listed gives me no data when I put in my vin. Maybe you can see something that I can't? My VIN is 1FMSK8DH3NGB66170.
I've seen this before on a few.....you put the info in and it shows NOTHING. Not sure why that is. I've seen it about 3 times now...and yours is one of the 3 I've seen that on. Eventually though, I'm confident it WILL populate with more info.

As for the United Road, many have had that issue. The work around is to go set up an account by hitting the site using your smartphone. For some reason, it often doesn't want to let you do it from a PC. I had that same issue. Then I saw someone's advice to try it with the smartphone...bingo....it let me set up an account. Now, I always go in via the PC. But I had to make the account using my phone.

And, I like to give credit where credit is due. Some others in other posts on this board discovered ALL of this information. I'm just sharing it in one place....rather than others have to dig through all the info I did to get all this information. But I'm NOT the originator of all this info....just sharing it. A lot of smart people on this Forum have spent a lot of time digging up all these details. You can also dig up all the info on how to read what almost all those numbers mean on your window sticker....to include when it was blended, when it was invoiced, the order number, etc, etc. It's all "hidden" in the window sticker.

Reactions
My ST arrived today, just picked it up. Pretty excited, but also very relieved it's finally here, took 6 1/2 months.

20220615_174950.jpg

History:
11/30 - Ordered
11/30 - Order confirmed email
11/30 - Tracker: Ordered
12/16 - Ford Email: Scheduled for production on 2/28/22
1/12 - Ford Email: Production moved up to 1/17/22
1/13 - Dealer text: Vehicle in production
1/24 - Tracker: In Production
1/26 - United Road website shows vehicle delivered to Manheim Chicago Auto Auction
1/31 - Dealer text: Vehicle sent offsite, ETA 5/14
3/18 - Ford Email: "We're working hard to assemble your vehicle"
5/26 - Tracker: Built
5/28 - Ford Email: Vehicle has been built, ETA 6/14-6/20
6/6 - Dealer text: Vehicle has been shipped
6/9 - Ford Email: Vehicle has been shipped
Tracker: Shipped (no date given)
6/15 - Dealer text: Vehicle has arrived
6/15 - Picked up

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
My ST arrived today, just picked it up. Pretty excited, but also very relieved it's finally here, took 6 1/2 months.

View attachment 12958

History:
11/30 - Ordered
1/26 - United Road website shows vehicle delivered to Manheim Chicago Auto Auction
6/15 - Picked up
Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your ST

Redvalk

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Exporer ST

View attachment 12958

History:
11/30 - Ordered
6/15 - Picked up
Good analysis/chronology of the dates/times. It's looking like my original order might come in (for my daughter) in just under 6 months?

Saw an interesting YouTube video today of thousands of F150s sitting on lots....several thousand for instance at the Kentucky Speedway near where the F150s are built....piling up due to the chip shortage/incomplete builds. Then I saw pictures of SUVs stacked in .....jammed in together in such a way it makes me understand (though still unfortunate and unacceptable in my mind)...why some of the STs are sitting in lots....built....for months (like mine). Because once they stack them in like that, there's no getting "one car out" just because it was built long, long ago. They no doubt have to work there way into "the pile".....and depending on how far buried back YOURS is....it could be weeks...months....until they get around to shipping yours.

Anyway, on a positive note, it was good to see they had some sheet of white material over the roofs and hoods of all the SUVs stuck in the "vast sea" of vehicles in these parking lots....so nice to know they are making an effort to protect the finish as they sit out there for months at a time before shipping. I wondered if they just sat in the elements..........now I know.............they apparently don't (y)

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer
Alright, now I'm getting frustrated. Can't seem to be able to get any tracking info on the shipping side of things, my dealer can't/won't give me any more information on when it is supposed to arrive, (How can they not know when a semi delivering vehicles is going to arrive) and now I have noticed that they have LISTED MY VEHICLE FOR SALE ON THEIR WEBSITE!!

Maybe I'm being too impatient, but damn they should at least be able to tell me a better idea of when it is going to arrive than "any day now"....

Attachments

Redvalk

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Exporer ST
Alright, now I'm getting frustrated. Can't seem to be able to get any tracking info on the shipping side of things, my dealer can't/won't give me any more information on when it is supposed to arrive, (How can they not know when a semi delivering vehicles is going to arrive) and now I have noticed that they have LISTED MY VEHICLE FOR SALE ON THEIR WEBSITE!!

Maybe I'm being too impatient, but damn they should at least be able to tell me a better idea of when it is going to arrive than "any day now"....
According to two different sites....your vehicle....special order K77B, VIN 1FMSK8DH3NGB66170 is indeed in transit. I wasn't able to find any more details, like when it would arrive. Says it is shipping to Shottenkirk Ford in West Burlington, IA. It's a customer/Special order. But I did see it listed with the other Explorers in their inventory. Not sure what's up with that, but if it makes you feel any better, the one I bought....which is NOT the one I ordered.....even after I bought it from them....but was waiting one week to pick it up for a recall to be fixed (NOT the bolt fracture, another recall)....it STILL listed as available for sale in their inventory. Granted, I didn't order that one...so originally it was going to be for sale to the General Public. But my point is, the folks who do the websites for many of these Dealers don't seem to communicate efficiently with the other departments. So it could literally be, they see a list of vehicles eventually arriving at the Dealer, the "internet/website" folks just list ALL of them in the inventory for sale...even though, in many cases, that's not true. I could see that happening...........

Pittsburgh.ST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Finally got some great news today. I ordered my ST on April 7th and I got an email from Ford today saying I am scheduled to be built the week of August 22nd. Woo woo. I ordered a new Explorer Timberline for my wife Monday so I'm anxious to see how long it takes.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer
Finally some actual answers....

After a ton of frustration, I got back online with Ford Chat to get some more exact answers. They couldn't get me any specific information other than it is being handled by a company called TransLogix LLC and Ford chat told me that it should arrive by 6/20 now (Originally 6/11-6/17).. After some google searching and digging to find the information on this company I found a phone number for them (773-646-3285). That phone number sent me to their central headquarters who then transferred by to their Chicago Facility. When on the phone with them they told me that my vehicle had been sitting at an auto warehousing facility since JUNE 3rd released and waiting for a driver, but also gave me a phone number for the trucking company responsible for shipping it, Adcock Trucking out of Pennsylvania. I called them and they confirmed that it is sitting in a warehouse parking lot waiting for a driver. I don't see that it will arrive by 6/20 if it hasn't even been picked up by a driver.

I don't understand how Ford doesn't have more accurate shipping details on the vehicles that they ship out, but if this information could help anybody in the future it was incredibly frustrating for me to track down, especially when people don't like to answer their phones.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Finally got some great news today. I ordered my ST on April 7th and I got an email from Ford today saying I am scheduled to be built the week of August 22nd. Woo woo. I ordered a new Explorer Timberline for my wife Monday so I'm anxious to see how long it takes.
That's amazing news! I feel so bad for everyone that ordered before you and still haven't gotten a scheduling email.

I'm starting to get a very uneasy feeling that there is a large group of orders that Ford will be cancelling....

Ford Production Idling Down

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer
Finally some actual answers....

After a ton of frustration, I got back online with Ford Chat to get some more exact answers. They couldn't get me any specific information other than it is being handled by a company called TransLogix LLC and Ford chat told me that it should arrive by 6/20 now (Originally 6/11-6/17).. After some google searching and digging to find the information on this company I found a phone number for them (773-646-3285). That phone number sent me to their central headquarters who then transferred by to their Chicago Facility. When on the phone with them they told me that my vehicle had been sitting at an auto warehousing facility since JUNE 3rd released and waiting for a driver, but also gave me a phone number for the trucking company responsible for shipping it, Adcock Trucking out of Pennsylvania. I called them and they confirmed that it is sitting in a warehouse parking lot waiting for a driver. I don't see that it will arrive by 6/20 if it hasn't even been picked up by a driver.

I don't understand how Ford doesn't have more accurate shipping details on the vehicles that they ship out, but if this information could help anybody in the future it was incredibly frustrating for me to track down, especially when people don't like to answer their phones.
Newest update..... Got ahold of Ford Chat again this morning since of course their previous estimate of June 20th arrival is incorrect and it won't be here. They now tell me that their estimate arrival is June 26th... I got ahold of Adcock Transport (Who I am told is responsible for shipping the vehicle). They informed me that it is still sitting in an auto warehousing lot waiting to be SCHEDULED to be picked up and they couldn't tell me when it is planned to be scheduled. Starting to become quite the nightmare... My car is completely done and they cant even schedule a truck to deliver it, can't even get some of the people from the shipping department to answer a phone call...

Redvalk

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Exporer ST
Saw another interesting article yesterday related to Ford not shipping vehicles and stockpiling them in various places (Kentucky race track, Auction sites, etc.). Seems OVER ONE MILLION dollars in F150s recently was stolen from one of these lots filled with vehicles Ford hasn't shipped. Says the crooks just rammed into the fence .....and....helped themselves to some F150s. I never thought about that issue before. I was always wondering what happens if bad weather.....like a hail storm .....comes along. Never dawned on me crooks would start targeting these vast "seas" of parked vehicles waiting long periods to ship. Wonder what happens if YOUR vehicle is one of the stolen ones....waiting (or HAD been waiting) ...to ship? Do you go back to the "back of the line" and your wait starts all over?

STILL so glad I quit waiting and bought one off a Dealer lot............ I'd still be waiting had I not done that. My daughter is hoping the one I ordered 8 January comes by 4th of July weekend. I told her...........don't hold your breath....even though it says "shipped"....the "Fat Lady aint sung" until it arrives at the Dealer!

cbowman6

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Timberline

I also used this tracking on my phone with united road and it sent me nowhere. It doesn't bring up anything to register my email. But I live in MT. Delivery date is set at 6/19- 6/25 so we will see what happens. Ordered on 03/10. I live about 90 min through the pass from Helena so hoping to not make a trip out that way unless I know its there. Ill update if it comes this week or delayed.

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Aviator
Received an update yesterday (6/4) that my order has shipped, said to arrive at the dealer sometime between June 14-20. So if that holds, it would be roughly 7 months from order to delivery.

I have moved on from this order and purchased an in-stock Aviator quite a few weeks back, so just posting for others to see process for a Nov. 2021 order.
Well it arrived at some point over the weekend. I was driving by the dealership and noticed a new ST in the lot, turns out it was the one I had ordered (VIN matched) back in Nov. So almost 7 months to the day. Was nice to see what we had ordered in person, maybe a tiny bit of closure. ;) Anyway, it had a sold sign on it, so I hope the new owners enjoy it!

Here's the ST and my Aviator side by side, still very happy with our decision.
20220620_202125.jpg

And one more thing that might help others waiting, the Ford tracking site says it was delivered.

Seeker68

Reactions
Vehicle
22 Explorer ST
New member here from Michigan !.
Carbonized Gray Enthusiast ST ordered 3/29
Scheduled for production June 20th
Then changed to week of May 30th
Then changed to week of May 23rd
Then changed again to week of May 30th
Window sticker generated today with blend date of June 4th
Interestingly auto start/stop is included and only rear aux heater control chip is credited !
I was really hoping for the auto start/stop to be excluded ! oh well...
Vehicle was built on June 6th with a blend date of June 4th
"Vehicle has been built" tracker notification on June 8th with delivery estimate between June 25th and July 1st
Actual delivery to dealer on June 20th, last day of spring

My ST got built in one season with priority code 19 (spring order to spring delivery)
I will post picture of the differential bolts to see if it's a 3 or 4 bolt setup tomorrow when I visit the dealer !

Explorer ST Posts