Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Vehicle Order Tracking

Redvalk

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Exporer ST
Ok....NOW, finally for the rest of the story (somewhat?). Given the scarceness of these cars....the LONGGG waits....and the "dog eat dog" world we live in, I wasn't about to divulge what I was doing BEFORE I got "the bird in the hand" and out of the bush. Now that I have it.............

NO......I did NOT....get the one I ordered. I've been looking high and low for one on a Dealer lot....that would take an A plan and deal with me. I finally found one.....that Dealer in Opelika had a Carbonized Grey one with EVERYTHING my order had on it (minus a few minor things like custom matts)...plus 4wheel drive and a moonroof (mine didn't have that). They took my A plan....gave me my military discount (gave me double the discount when I bought it on Thursday last week....as part of a Memorial Day sale and special for the Military). But then, just when I thought the long wait was over....a snag. I finally convinced them the rear bolt fracture recall was just a PCM reprogramming....and they did that. But THEN....they said this one had ANOTHER recall on it! Say what? I looked it up....and yes, those made at the plant between some dates in Dec and Jan....like 6 Dec through 6 Jan or something like that (you can look up the recall....it's a fuel filler tube recall) have this recall. It's Explorer STs and Lincoln Aviators for about a month over the holidays. Fuel filler tube connecting to the gas tank wasn't made to spec. The fix, put a clip on the tube so if you're in an accident, it won't fall off and leak and catch on fire. Ok. so I "bought" the car last Thursday. And then I waited....thinking they'd call me any day and say the "fix was in". Instead, they called yesterday and said "your bank won't pay us the money for your loan, we want our money". I called the Alabama State Employee CU, and sure enough, their policy is....no deliver car to client.....no money for you Dealer. HURRAY! I was thrilled by that policy. So I called the Dealer....after they had called the Credit Union multiple times the same day, apparently trying to "strong arm" to get their money. I told them, look....you want your money....I want my car (they knew my story on the long failed wait on the original order), MAKE THIS HAPPEN. FIX IT.

And just like that, a recall that they told me might take weeks to do....waiting on Ford to ship part(s), was fixed in 24 hours.....ONCE THEY FOUND OUT THEY WEREN'T GETTING THEIR MONEY! Thank God for that CU policy in my favor, gave me great leverage.

Turns out Ford Dealers, don't like waiting for their money, any more....than we don't like waiting for our cars. Pictures of the new Carbonized Gray ST below. Oh, that one I ordered, my daughter wants it. So that saga continues. Dealer says she doesn't get military rebate (I get that, she's NOT military). Not getting the other 1000 dollar rebate I got for ordering (ok, sort of get that, SHE didn't order....but it's still in the family). And, the price is going to go up to TODAY'S prices....she wasn't the original ordering person. Like it's going up about 2,200 bucks. So her deal, minus rebates and with raises in price, is about 3700 more than my deal (she still gets an A plan). She'll take it.............IF................when.... it ever comes in. That 8 January car, built 14 March and sitting in Chicago.....just busted it's FIFTH window....now they don't even wait for the ETA window to come (the latest busted window was 9-14 June). They've already blown that off and told me today....24-30 June. Wait for it.............wait for it...........

But THAT.....is no longer my concern. It's my daughter's problem now. Even if she has to wait another month or two or three....it won't be as bad as the almost 5 months wait I did .....and got NOTHING from the order in the end. But I found my pot of gold (or carbonized gray as it were) at the end of the rainbow............

20220602_191543.jpg 20220602_191601.jpg

Last edited:

Redvalk

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Exporer ST
Same dealer has a Black ST on the lot for sale. Mine BTW came with the rear heated seats and the environmental controls.....unlike the one I had ordered. And of course, the full technology package.

So if you want a black ST....and want to use an A plan, they'll do it. They also gave me top dollar on my tradein. I'm VERY happy with the deal....could of done without the 2nd/other recall drama. That recall is
Compliance Recall 22C02 – Fuel Filler Tube End Form – 2022 Ford Explorer & Lincoln Aviator
Dates for the cars effected are 6 Dec 2021 - 6 Jan 2022.....Explorers and Aviators built at the Chicago plant those dates....some 18,000+ cars are effected.

Last edited:
Reactions
lol, pot meet kettle.

Glad you got your ST, I ordered the same color and just got my built email before memorial weekend, delivery ETA June 14-20, but I'm not holding my breath since it took them 5 months to go from production to built.

STayFord

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Just placed an order on a forged green, awd, 401a, high tech, high performance, no moon roof. Order confirmed on 5/30. Priority code 10, if that has any significance still. Sales person said expect about 2 months and that Ford is in a rush to finish up the 2022 builds so expect it sooner. Sounded a little sugar coated but would cool if it arrived before the summer is over. Not holding my breath.

Pittsburgh.ST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Just placed an order on a forged green, awd, 401a, high tech, high performance, no moon roof. Order confirmed on 5/30. Priority code 10, if that has any significance still. Sales person said expect about 2 months and that Ford is in a rush to finish up the 2022 builds so expect it sooner. Sounded a little sugar coated but would cool if it arrived before the summer is over. Not holding my breath.
Congrats on your order. My order is identical to yours except I ordered mine in black. I ordered mine on April 7th and Ford confirmed it the same day. Today it has been 2 months. I haven't heard anything so I called my dealer today. They are saying September or October at the earliest. Good luck in getting in in 2 months.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I have an almost identical order but with the moon roof and I am scheduled for week of July 4th. Was originally scheduled for week of the 11th and then this week got an email saying it was moved up.

STayFord

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I have an almost identical order but with the moon roof and I am scheduled for week of July 4th. Was originally scheduled for week of the 11th and then this week got an email saying it was moved up.
Ok wow! Your order is flying along. Probably the fastest I’ve spotted so far in this thread. Perhaps something to do with the more recent orders placed. Who knows. What priority code did they give you?

RightStuff

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Aviator
Received a bit of a surprise last night, my production date changed to an earlier date. :oops:

Here are the dates for the order so far:
  • Ordered '22 ST (401A, moonroof, tech pack, 4wd) on 11/24/2021 (confirmed same day)
  • Rec'd VIN on 12/2/2021 w/ production date on 2/7/2022
  • Prod date changed to 1/17/2022 (via email received on 12/26/2021), still no window sticker available yet.
More movement on mine today (1/22/2022).
Via the Ford tracking site it has a "In production" date of 1/21/22, and est. delivery of Feb 9.
Received an update yesterday (6/4) that my order has shipped, said to arrive at the dealer sometime between June 14-20. So if that holds, it would be roughly 7 months from order to delivery.

I have moved on from this order and purchased an in-stock Aviator quite a few weeks back, so just posting for others to see process for a Nov. 2021 order.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Ok wow! Your order is flying along. Probably the fastest I’ve spotted so far in this thread. Perhaps something to do with the more recent orders placed. Who knows. What priority code did they give you?
I don’t have a priority code, my dealership is nice but not exactly super in the know with what’s going on it seems like. Placed my order on 4/29 and have been working off the ford emails ever since.

Reactions
Received an update yesterday (6/4) that my order has shipped, said to arrive at the dealer sometime between June 14-20. So if that holds, it would be roughly 7 months from order to delivery.

I have moved on from this order and purchased an in-stock Aviator quite a few weeks back, so just posting for others to see process for a Nov. 2021 order.
Crazy how long that took. Just ordered it at the wrong time .

Bobisbad

Reactions
Vehicle
2008 IS350
I placed an order for an ST on April 26th and had the confirmation from Ford that evening. My build is Atlas Blue, 401A package, tech package and AWD. On May 19th I was notified it was scheduled for production the week of June 27th.

After talking with some of my local dealers, it really seems that it also highly depends on which dealer you buy from. The local dealer that is marking everything up by $5-10k stated anywhere between 6-8 mos to get the car, a dealer in the bay area that is letting me order with X-plan stated 3-4 months.

Reactions
I placed an order for an ST on April 26th and had the confirmation from Ford that evening. My build is Atlas Blue, 401A package, tech package and AWD. On May 19th I was notified it was scheduled for production the week of June 27th.

After talking with some of my local dealers, it really seems that it also highly depends on which dealer you buy from. The local dealer that is marking everything up by $5-10k stated anywhere between 6-8 mos to get the car, a dealer in the bay area that is letting me order with X-plan stated 3-4 months.
What kind of deal were you able to get ? I'm from Livermore and ended up ordering from a dealer in Idaho end of Jan. He sold me the vehicle for 3% under Invoice. Mine is currently in production.

Bobisbad

Reactions
Vehicle
2008 IS350
What kind of deal were you able to get ? I'm from Livermore and ended up ordering from a dealer in Idaho end of Jan. He sold me the vehicle for 3% under Invoice. Mine is currently in production.
They agreed to do x-plan + $1000 off for ordering. I'm still waiting for finalized pricing and my window sticker. I'm going through Walnut Creek Ford. I thought about going through Idaho or some other state but by the time we fly up and drive back it's going to be the same price lol.

Reactions
They agreed to do x-plan + $1000 off for ordering. I'm still waiting for finalized pricing and my window sticker. I'm going through Walnut Creek Ford. I thought about going through Idaho or some other state but by the time we fly up and drive back it's going to be the same price lol.
OK good ..... I also got that $1K off by ordering. Well done ....

Pittsburgh.ST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
For anyone out there wondering why some people are waiting longer than others I recommend going on Google and looking up Ford Special order dealer allocations and priority numbers. This thread has a lot of people speculating why some take longer than others. Aside from chip and parts shortages, dealer allocations have a huge impact on how long people are waiting. How much the dealers are charging you has no effect on wait times.

Explorer22ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
22 Explorer ST
Hi all. New member here. I have a deposit on a 22 ST. When I originally viewed the window sticker for this vehicle on the Ford site, I saw the base price of $50,245. I logged into the Ford Order Status Tracking site and viewed the window sticker and noticed that the base price increased by $265.00. Any ideas of how / why this base price increase would happen? Thanks in advance.

richgran

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hi all. New member here. I have a deposit on a 22 ST. When I originally viewed the window sticker for this vehicle on the Ford site, I saw the base price of $50,245. I logged into the Ford Order Status Tracking site and viewed the window sticker and noticed that the base price increased by $265.00. Any ideas of how / why this base price increase would happen? Thanks in advance.
I just noticed the exact same thing this morning for my sticker.
Also, I have the added bonus of another "delete" - HANDS-FREE LIFTGATE DELETE

Explorer22ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
22 Explorer ST
I just noticed the exact same thing this morning for my sticker.
Also, I have the added bonus of another "delete" - HANDS-FREE LIFTGATE DELETE
Yes, I noticed the same on my window sticker. Delete hands free lift gate and delete the rear seat heater controls and rear climate controls. I hope that the dealer can install these missing items later when the parts are available. I'm really puzzled by the base price increase though.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
So after waiting over 2 months to take delivery of my Explorer ST, I decided on Saturday 6/4/2022 to drop the vehicle and purchased a nicely loaded out 2022 F150 instead. The dealership worked with me and completely bought me out of my loan on the ST.

Funny thing now, is that yesterday 6/9/2022 my mother went to the ford dealership to talk about trading in her mustang and getting a new vehicle, only to find out that the ST I was waiting on finally got put out for shipment and will arrive at the end of June. I kind of figured that this would happen. But now my mom is thinking of picking up this explorer when it arrives, so at least it will still be in the family if she does.