Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Vehicle Order Tracking

cmills

Reactions
Well… after placing an order in November, it being built since January and not moving, I’ve found another one very very close to what I ordered except no moonroof and is RWD that isn’t impacted by the recall. She’s on her way and will be arriving next week! The dealer I am taking delivery with has probably 5 STs on the lot but they can’t sell them because of the recall. I got lucky finding this one in transit. Happy to finally get one but… what a cluster, y’all.

Redvalk

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Exporer ST
Didn't work out so well for me. Other area dealer indeed had 2 STs available.....and ready for sale.......BUT:

1. Wouldn't honor any A/Z/X plans (I have an A/Z plan)
2. Wouldn't allow any rebates....claims there are none (I've got 1500 in rebates from current dealer/order...and I'm retired Military)
3. Had a $500 markup OVER MSRP
4. Had a higher tax rate
5. Wouldn't give me as much for my tradein

Dealer said "these cars are worth MORE than MSRP after they roll off the floor, so we're not taking anything under MSRP". Yea, right........... the two cars I looked at had over 3k in things I didn't want (and would have had to pay extra for, of course) and additionally would have cost me thousands more in lost discounts for A plan/tradein/rebates/etc. The bottom line, I would have been taken to the cleaners with their deal.

And so.........................I wait.........................and wait....................and wait some more. My latest "BS window", is 14-20 May. Oh, stopped by my current Dealer that I have on order with....told him FOR NOW, I'm still going to wait....and he told me they have an 80% threshold for ordered cars they can't drop under. If MORE than 20% of their orders don't get sold to the original buyer who ordered the vehicle, his area Rep said they would be penalized for losing Ford sales by revoking their privilege to allow customers to make orders for 90 days. Imagine that, even though it's FORD'S FAULT....for not shipping the damn things...........

This is simply RIDICULOUS.....and has convinced me to NEVER, EVER, under ANY circumstances, order a car through Ford again. Period. No matter what. In the future, I'll buy one off the lot....either some other type of vehicle close to what I want....or look for used. I'm not ever ordering again. This is twice (wife's F350), and BOTH times, it's been "this circus" of crap.............

cmills

Reactions
Didn't work out so well for me. Other area dealer indeed had 2 STs available.....and ready for sale.......BUT:

1. Wouldn't honor any A/Z/X plans (I have an A/Z plan)
2. Wouldn't allow any rebates....claims there are none (I've got 1500 in rebates from current dealer/order...and I'm retired Military)
3. Had a $500 markup OVER MSRP
4. Had a higher tax rate
5. Wouldn't give me as much for my tradein

Dealer said "these cars are worth MORE than MSRP after they roll off the floor, so we're not taking anything under MSRP". Yea, right........... the two cars I looked at had over 3k in things I didn't want (and would have had to pay extra for, of course) and additionally would have cost me thousands more in lost discounts for A plan/tradein/rebates/etc. The bottom line, I would have been taken to the cleaners with their deal.

And so.........................I wait.........................and wait....................and wait some more. My latest "BS window", is 14-20 May. Oh, stopped by my current Dealer that I have on order with....told him FOR NOW, I'm still going to wait....and he told me they have an 80% threshold for ordered cars they can't drop under. If MORE than 20% of their orders don't get sold to the original buyer who ordered the vehicle, his area Rep said they would be penalized for losing Ford sales by revoking their privilege to allow customers to make orders for 90 days. Imagine that, even though it's FORD'S FAULT....for not shipping the damn things...........

This is simply RIDICULOUS.....and has convinced me to NEVER, EVER, under ANY circumstances, order a car through Ford again. Period. No matter what. In the future, I'll buy one off the lot....either some other type of vehicle close to what I want....or look for used. I'm not ever ordering again. This is twice (wife's F350), and BOTH times, it's been "this circus" of crap.............
The whole situation is frustrating. I struggle to be mad at Ford (even though I am flustered) when I’m the one who chose to order a vehicle in probably the worst time to do so. Demand is so high that production can’t keep up and they’re letting things fly that typically wouldn’t. Or so, that’s how I see it with all the recalls. My brother’s ‘21 F-150 had 3 recalls on it, for reference. I was told there are no incentives and… they’re right. The only incentives to my knowledge are whatever it is for a custom order (for which you will lose if you buy off the lot) and I’m not military or first responder so no $500 incentive for me either. When I canceled my order, I was told by my dealer to send an email (a paper trail) to prove that I did in fact place the order and the reason why I’m abandoning the order (delays from Ford). The dealer should have no issues selling your order whenever that vehicle comes in and is clear to sell but you may need to sign a letter and notarize it when it does come in. There are ways around it. I found a dealer 8.5 hours from me that was willing to sell at MSRP and is giving me what I want for my trade. Although I am sacrificing a few things I wanted in my order that this one doesn’t have, I at least will have a vehicle in a week or two… with a 17 hour round trip to get her. Fortunately there’s a stop planned to see my baby niece for a few days so can’t complain too much. Hope you get lucky too. Mine just so happened to be on a rail car unclaimed when I called that dealer. Best of luck!

raydogg888

Reactions
Cancelled my order yesterday. Placed it in mid December and hadn’t received any status from Ford other than the order confirmation. Not worth waiting for me given that we’re getting closer to 2023 and given the uncertainty of what will be on the vehicle as far as options whenever it actually arrived.

93coupe

Reactions
and of course....with NO explanation as to why. And no hope or idea....on WHEN....it will ever ship. Just frankly, NO WAY.....to run a business...........
***GOOD NEWS**** received an updated email from FMC stating my ST has finally shipped!

Redvalk

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Exporer ST
***GOOD NEWS**** received an updated email from FMC stating my ST has finally shipped!
when did you order and when was yours built? Still nothing on mine....ordered 8 Jan....built 14 March.....

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Still on microchip hold. I placed my order July 1st and I live in Michigan. Still no word on my vehicle.
So.....has ANYONE that ordered an ST ....THIS YEAR....actually physically received theirs? I ordered mine 8 Jan.....it was built 14 March....and it has sat in Chicago .....ever since. They just keep giving me "window estimates" of arrival...and they come...and go....and come....and go....and...............four times already they've come and gone...with no car still. So....anyone actually got theirs that ordered THIS YEAR?
Ordered 2/9, Built 4/20, Shipped 4/24 and estimated delivery was may 4-10 and Im writing this on the 10 and we still haven't heard anything else.

Reactions
Ordered 2/9, Built 4/20, Shipped 4/24 and estimated delivery was may 4-10 and Im writing this on the 10 and we still haven't heard anything else.
Still waiting….. haven’t heard any updates. Last eta was March 13th.

Blackoutsfl

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
‘22 Ford Explorer ST
Vehicle status changed from "in production" to "built and awaiting shipment" for me.
Based on some of the horror stories I've read on here I'm not holding my breath on a delivery anytime soon! But still hoping for the best.

silverTT

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Once the “Shipped” status has been ticked, how long have folks been seeing till it actually shows up at the dealership?

Mine just moved to Shipped today, after previously showing as Built a week or so ago.

My dealer is only 5 hrs away from the plant, really hoping it’s not long now.

Attachments

Redvalk

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Exporer ST
Still trying to figure out IF.....there is any "formula" for how/when they ship these. I'm seeing some who ordered BEFORE me (8 Jan for me) now saying there's FINALLY shipped (for order dates back in Nov and Dec)....even though....they were built long AFTER mine (built 14 March). But then there's the post a few before this.....where theirs was ordered AFTER mine ( Feb 9 vs mine a MONTH earlier on 8 Jan ).....built long AFTER mine (built 20 April, mine built 14 March), and YET.....already shipped on 24 April......and mine, has STILL ....never shipped. I'm so beyond pissed at this point. I've tried buying from as far away as Texas ( a LONG days' drive away for me in Alabama), but they have all these ridiculous charges that brings the cost of the car up from an MSRP of just over 57k....to OVER 63K! I just can't bring myself to do that. Not for a car that isn't EXACTLY what I want....and would cost me about 7k more than I'm currently SUPPOSED to pay.....IF, IF, IF....I could ever get Ford to ship a car built two months ago ....so I could actually buy the damn thing. And of course, even if some day they do ship mine, then how long is it going to take to get here. Meanwhile, my third preapproved loan runs out 26 May....and of course.....again....interest rates have gone up.

If I could only find another brand of vehicle that looked at good as the ST and had similar features.....so I could buy it and be done with this BS. I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooo tired of this whole fiasco.

silverTT

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Once the “Shipped” status has been ticked, how long have folks been seeing till it actually shows up at the dealership?

Mine just moved to Shipped today, after previously showing as Built a week or so ago.

My dealer is only 5 hrs away from the plant, really hoping it’s not long now.
Well, might be able to answer my own question. Just received this notification saying it’s at the dealership now. Let’s see what their turnaround time is for the safety recall/software update.

Attachments

Blackoutsfl

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
‘22 Ford Explorer ST
Congrats @silverTT hopefully you can take ownership of your vehicle soon! I'll be looking out for the same when my vehicle ships!
@Redvalk i can't imagine your frustration. You have way more patience than me! I can tell you I placed my order March 15th, and my vehicle is built and awaiting shipment to South Florida. Have you contacted your dealership do they have any answers?

amr19

Reactions
Dealers seem to know nothing. I've had everyone from my dealer to the head sales manager contact Ford and they have no information for them. I even contact Ford customer experience and last thing I was told weeks ago was they are working on the lot where mine is stored. Nothing since.

Redvalk

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Exporer ST
Dealers seem to know nothing. I've had everyone from my dealer to the head sales manager contact Ford and they have no information for them. I even contact Ford customer experience and last thing I was told weeks ago was they are working on the lot where mine is stored. Nothing since.
Roger ALL that. I contact my dealer 2-3 times a week and bitch. Then he contacts his Area Rep, who tells him to shut up and color (as we say in the Military). They give him (and therefore he gives me likewise) NO information of any value. No reason....no hope....no "light at the end of the tunnel". Just "get in line", 100s or 1000s in the "same boat". No reason or rhyme as to EXACTLY why.....though someone else posted on the many possible reasons (chip shortage, shipping issues, factory shutdowns, dealer priority, customer order priority, options ordered, etc.). Yea, I've contacted Ford itself once or twice a week. They just keep telling me every time a window "comes and goes" that those are only ESTIMATES. And when I beg them for specifics, they give me this generic/lame "could be LOW volume to your area, could be HIGH volume to your area or could be factory volume issues". In other words, just a kind of generic catch-all. My windows since my 14 March build date (blend date 1 March, in production 2 March, invoiced 9 March, built 14 March) have been "arriving 3-8 April" ....then "arriving 24-29 April"....then "arriving 2-8 May"....and before 8 May even came, they changed to "now arriving 14-20 May". Those, after the initial promise of 8-12 weeks (which would have been about 1 April as I recall....as in, that was just an April Fools joke on me!). Every day....I check multiple times (when the stupid tracker is working, which half the time....it isn't)....for any update on FINALLY shipped. For almost two months now (14 May will be two months), I've dutifully checked 2-3 times a day.....called my dealer....called Ford....over and over and over....ad nauseum. As the band Lonestar says in one of their hit songs, "No News".

Two of the things that bothers me the most is knowing the car is sitting outside (no doubt).....ever since March 14 build date (at least, so they tell me)....so if it rains.....if it hails......whatever the weather, I'm guessing it's exposed? Just sitting out there in the elements. Sure, I know.....if you buy one off the lot, it's been sitting in the elements for who knows how long....maybe a LONGGGG time. I get that. But here's a car that's built....READY TO SHIP.....READY TO BE SOLD.....nothing holding it back OTHER THAN SHIPPING....and for two months now, they refuse to ship it. Something tells me they aint "washin' and waxin" those 100s or 1000s of vehicles sitting in the weather day after day either. And as I keep saying, based on my F350 experience last year, EVEN IF/WHEN they ship, the "agony" isn't necessarily over. As I keep saying, we waited OVER a month for that F350 to get here. It sat in the rail yard in Atlanta (went from wherever they build F350s to Atlanta via rail) for exactly ONE MONTH. Then finally a truck brought it to the dealer in mere hours from Atlanta (180 miles from me). So even if they shipped TODAY, doesn't mean I'll get it ANY TIME SOON.

I literally have....since ordering 8 January:

1. Gotten 3 loans.....the third is about to come and go 26 May and require me to get another one...
2. Which has led all the previous times to rising interest rates (started with 2.04%, then went to 2.44% and now currently...until 26 May....sitting at 2.54%). Now ...I'm about to face ANOTHER interest hike...which means for the life of the loan, I'm paying more
3. I sold my other car, thinking I was getting this one in "8-12 weeks" like the dealer promised. I ordered 8 Jan. I sold the other car (to that same dealer) on 11 January (hey, at least.....that story began VERY positive....i got $3000 MORE than I paid for that car TWO YEARS BEFORE THEN when it was brand new!). I've been without a 2nd car now since 11 Jan. I was prepared to MAYBE go "8-12" weeks. It's now been, OVER 4 MONTHS. I need that 2nd car.....NOW.....YESTERDAY...ASAP. (not whenever the whims of Ford Motor Company might someday decide to ship)
4. Lost my job.....wondered if I still should even get this car
5. Got another job.....so know ....yes, getting the car is no problem
6. Lost my dog
7. Put another 10,000 miles on my first car...which IS part of the deal ....as a tradein. Am I still going to get the same offer made to me 8 January for that car with 10,000 more miles on it.....4 (now) or 5 or 6 or whatever/however many months later?
8. Which now, due to those extra 10,000 miles.....desperately needs new tires
9. Winter turned to Spring.....has now turned to Summer....in the deep South
10. The next model year is starting to loom on the Horizon...with talk of the new Sync 4 making me wonder................

In other words, A LOT OF LIFE....has passed by already during this ridiculous wait. And there's no end in sight..............................

IF I ever get this car, and I have VERY, VERY SERIOUS doubts at this point, I've had it with Ford's ordering process. "Fool me once (F350 last year), shame on you.....fool me twice (2022 Ford Explorer ST this year), shame on me". There absolutely, positively will NOT ever be a third time with Ford. IF I can wait this nightmare out, I'm through with Ford and their BS ordering process...........

When we in the Military are dealing with the VA for disability issues, there's a sad joke that the Veteran might die before his appeal is decided (if they reject you initially on your case and you appeal).....it takes THAT long often when dealing with the VA board. Sadly, Ford seems to be attempting to compete with the VA for ineptitude in efficiency on their ordering process? I'm not getting any younger...........ship the damn thing!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Redvalk

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Exporer ST
Well, might be able to answer my own question. Just received this notification saying it’s at the dealership now. Let’s see what their turnaround time is for the safety recall/software update.
I'm betting THAT part....goes VERY quickly. As in, I expect you will get a call today or TOMORROW at the LATEST....that your vehicle is ready! Congratulations! I envy you....I could only wish mine would finally ship....and make it in a day (but I note you're in the Motor city, as in Detroit....guessing Chicago to Detroit they just slap it on a truck and it's there the same day it's shipped). I doubt I'll be that lucky even if/when they ship to the "deep South". I PRAY it doesn't go by rail like that F350 last year................

The recall fix is just a PCM reprogram. My dealer did 4 Explorers (non STs.....wish they were STs!)....in a matter of hours in one day.

amr19

Reactions
Roger ALL that. I contact my dealer 2-3 times a week and bitch. Then he contacts his Area Rep, who tells him to shut up and color (as we say in the Military). They give him (and therefore he gives me likewise) NO information of any value. No reason....no hope....no "light at the end of the tunnel". Just "get in line", 100s or 1000s in the "same boat". No reason or rhyme as to EXACTLY why.....though someone else posted on the many possible reasons (chip shortage, shipping issues, factory shutdowns, dealer priority, customer order priority, options ordered, etc.). Yea, I've contacted Ford itself once or twice a week. They just keep telling me every time a window "comes and goes" that those are only ESTIMATES. And when I beg them for specifics, they give me this generic/lame "could be LOW volume to your area, could be HIGH volume to your area or could be factory volume issues". In other words, just a kind of generic catch-all. My windows since my 14 March build date (blend date 1 March, in production 2 March, invoiced 9 March, built 14 March) have been "arriving 3-8 April" ....then "arriving 24-29 April"....then "arriving 2-8 May"....and before 8 May even came, they changed to "now arriving 14-20 May". Those, after the initial promise of 8-12 weeks (which would have been about 1 April as I recall....as in, that was just an April Fools joke on me!). Every day....I check multiple times (when the stupid tracker is working, which half the time....it isn't)....for any update on FINALLY shipped. For almost two months now (14 May will be two months), I've dutifully checked 2-3 times a day.....called my dealer....called Ford....over and over and over....ad nauseum. As the band Lonestar says in one of their hit songs, "No News".

Two of the things that bothers me the most is knowing the car is sitting outside (no doubt).....ever since March 14 build date (at least, so they tell me)....so if it rains.....if it hails......whatever the weather, I'm guessing it's exposed? Just sitting out there in the elements. Sure, I know.....if you buy one off the lot, it's been sitting in the elements for who knows how long....maybe a LONGGGG time. I get that. But here's a car that's built....READY TO SHIP.....READY TO BE SOLD.....nothing holding it back OTHER THAN SHIPPING....and for two months now, they refuse to ship it. Something tells me they aint "washin' and waxin" those 100s or 1000s of vehicles sitting in the weather day after day either. And as I keep saying, based on my F350 experience last year, EVEN IF/WHEN they ship, the "agony" isn't necessarily over. As I keep saying, we waited OVER a month for that F350 to get here. It sat in the rail yard in Atlanta (went from wherever they build F350s to Atlanta via rail) for exactly ONE MONTH. Then finally a truck brought it to the dealer in mere hours from Atlanta (180 miles from me). So even if they shipped TODAY, doesn't mean I'll get it ANY TIME SOON.

I literally have....since ordering 8 January:

1. Gotten 3 loans.....the third is about to come and go 26 May and require me to get another one...
2. Which has led all the previous times to rising interest rates (started with 2.04%, then went to 2.44% and now currently...until 26 May....sitting at 2.54%). Now ...I'm about to face ANOTHER interest hike...which means for the life of the loan, I'm paying more
3. I sold my other car, thinking I was getting this one in "8-12 weeks" like the dealer promised. I ordered 8 Jan. I sold the other car (to that same dealer) on 11 January (hey, at least.....that story began VERY positive....i got $3000 MORE than I paid for that car TWO YEARS BEFORE THEN when it was brand new!). I've been without a 2nd car now since 11 Jan. I was prepared to MAYBE go "8-12" weeks. It's now been, OVER 4 MONTHS. I need that 2nd car.....NOW.....YESTERDAY...ASAP. (not whenever the whims of Ford Motor Company might someday decide to ship)
4. Lost my job.....wondered if I still should even get this car
5. Got another job.....so know ....yes, getting the car is no problem
6. Lost my dog
7. Put another 10,000 miles on my first car...which IS part of the deal ....as a tradein. Am I still going to get the same offer made to me 8 January for that car with 10,000 more miles on it.....4 (now) or 5 or 6 or whatever/however many months later?
8. Which now, due to those extra 10,000 miles.....desperately needs new tires
9. Winter turned to Spring.....has now turned to Summer....in the deep South
10. The next model year is starting to loom on the Horizon...with talk of the new Sync 4 making me wonder................

In other words, A LOT OF LIFE....has passed by already during this ridiculous wait. And there's no end in sight..............................

IF I ever get this car, and I have VERY, VERY SERIOUS doubts at this point, I've had it with Ford's ordering process. "Fool me once (F350 last year), shame on you.....fool me twice (2022 Ford Explorer ST this year), shame on me". There absolutely, positively will NOT ever be a third time with Ford. IF I can wait this nightmare out, I'm through with Ford and their BS ordering process...........

When we in the Military are dealing with the VA for disability issues, there's a sad joke that the Veteran might die before his appeal is decided (if they reject you initially on your case and you appeal).....it takes THAT long often when dealing with the VA board. Sadly, Ford seems to be attempting to compete with the VA for ineptitude in efficiency on their ordering process? I'm not getting any younger...........ship the damn thing!!!!!!!!!!!
Understand completely. Mine has been sitting in the Auction since 1/28 and still just listed as in Production since 11/23. The worst part is I'm literally driving my current Explorer that is literally on its way out that I haven't been fixing since October seeing the new one was supposed to be here by December. My Father and brothers work for Ford so I'll get the A Plan again whenever it gets here. My dad has contacted people in Chicago and they really have no idea the rhyme or reason. Hoping soon before I have to find another vehicle.

Redvalk

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Exporer ST
Understand completely. Mine has been sitting in the Auction since 1/28 and still just listed as in Production since 11/23. The worst part is I'm literally driving my current Explorer that is literally on its way out that I haven't been fixing since October seeing the new one was supposed to be here by December. My Father and brothers work for Ford so I'll get the A Plan again whenever it gets here. My dad has contacted people in Chicago and they really have no idea the rhyme or reason. Hoping soon before I have to find another vehicle.
I also have relatives (a sister-in-law and her husband) that both worked at Ford in Detroit.....and were once "high up the food chain" before they retired. I and my wife get one A plan a year and one X plan for friends every year. Interestingly, my local small town dealer honored the A plan (already have a contract written up from 8 January), but when I tried to buy an ST on a lot at Stivers Ford (high volume dealer in Montgomery), they said "no go" on that A plan. And "no go" on the other rebates my dealer gave me (1500 in rebates, including a military discount). And both Stivers and a dealer in Texas (Tomes) had charges added in ....bringing the cost up to about 63,000 bucks for a 57k MSRP vehicle. So, that's why so far, buying one "off the street" has been a "no go" for me.

If someone knew a red one with the 401A package and premium Technology package that was similar to the one I ordered....and if I could get a SIMILAR deal to the one I have, I'd even travel 100s of miles to pull the trigger!

silverTT

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
If someone knew a red one with the 401A package and premium Technology package that was similar to the one I ordered....and if I could get a SIMILAR deal to the one I have, I'd even travel 100s of miles to pull the trigger!
Would likely be more than a few hundred miles for you but this Rapid Red 401a w/tech package has been showing in stock for around 2 weeks now at my dealer:

https://www.suburbanfordofsterlingh...Explorer-734cc0810a0e09a80126ae2d94c9bac3.htm

Might be worth calling to verify. I know for a fact that they are honoring A/Z plan. Military and/or first responder discounts were being offered as well.

Last edited: