Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Vehicle Order Tracking

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer Platinum
When status is "In Order Processing", is a VIN available?
I didn't get my VIN until it had been scheduled for production, which was roughly 1 month prior to it actually going into production.

Reactions
I didn't get my VIN until it had been scheduled for production, which was roughly 1 month prior to it actually going into production.
Yeah, my St has been in "order processing" for almost 3 months...I call at least once a week to see if my VIN is available. Nothing yet.

Brian

Reactions
Yeah, my St has been in "order processing" for almost 3 months...I call at least once a week to see if my VIN is available. Nothing yet.

Brian
It has been "unscheduled clean" this entire time. No idea what "clean" means in this context. Maybe no holds...?

Redvalk

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Exporer ST
So.....has ANYONE that ordered an ST ....THIS YEAR....actually physically received theirs? I ordered mine 8 Jan.....it was built 14 March....and it has sat in Chicago .....ever since. They just keep giving me "window estimates" of arrival...and they come...and go....and come....and go....and...............four times already they've come and gone...with no car still. So....anyone actually got theirs that ordered THIS YEAR?

Reactions
Mine's been sitting at the Chicago Auto Auction since 1/26. The last ETA I was given was 5/14, but I'm pretty sure that won't happen.

Redvalk

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Exporer ST
For the life of me.....I can't understand how they can sit in Chicago for MONTHS on end like this? What gives? Why do they not ship? Why do they keep giving us estimates...and then nothing happens...then more estimates.....and nothing....and on and on and on? WHAT IS GOING ON??? Why can we get no answers, no firm dates.....NOTHING. I've lost all faith in Ford............and I've been a Ford guy for many decades.

93coupe

Reactions
For the life of me.....I can't understand how they can sit in Chicago for MONTHS on end like this? What gives? Why do they not ship? Why do they keep giving us estimates...and then nothing happens...then more estimates.....and nothing....and on and on and on? WHAT IS GOING ON??? Why can we get no answers, no firm dates.....NOTHING. I've lost all faith in Ford............and I've been a Ford guy for many decades.
I've ordered mine November 13th of 21'. It's still sitting in Chicago!

Redvalk

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Exporer ST
I've ordered mine November 13th of 21'. It's still sitting in Chicago!
and of course....with NO explanation as to why. And no hope or idea....on WHEN....it will ever ship. Just frankly, NO WAY.....to run a business...........

Vt22st

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 F150 2022 Explorer ST
Ordered on 12/3 and was sent offsite 1/26/. Now it shows built as 4/30 just waiting for it ship...

silverTT

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Ordered on 12/3 and was sent offsite 1/26/. Now it shows built as 4/30 just waiting for it ship...
Nearly the same here. Ordered mid December and was shipped offsite on 1/21. Just got the Built status on 4/30, too.

Redvalk

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Exporer ST
Nearly the same here. Ordered mid December and was shipped offsite on 1/21. Just got the Built status on 4/30, too.
there seems to be a "ton" of them waiting to ship.................and waiting...................and waiting.....................

silverTT

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
So maybe the recall stop sale won’t go till Quarter 3 like Ford was originally estimating.

The bolt recall for my VIN on FordPass is showing that the recall work will be available to perform in “May or June” now, depending on the vehicle’s build date.

Redvalk

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Exporer ST
So maybe the recall stop sale won’t go till Quarter 3 like Ford was originally estimating.

The bolt recall for my VIN on FordPass is showing that the recall work will be available to perform in “May or June” now, depending on the vehicle’s build date.
My dealer told me today that while there's still no "end in sight" to have my ordered ST delivered (built since 15 March.....sitting in Chicago ever since.....rotting away....), the good news, is they fixed ALL FOUR of the recent new Explorers they had with the recall today. They said the fix is in, and it's just an adjustment with the PCM. As I suspected, it's a software fix....and the dealers have the fix. Anyway, all their existing inventory, which couldn't be sold, is now available for demo and sale.

of course, still no idea when my ordered ST will come in.................maybe by Chrismtas?

silverTT

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
My dealer told me today that while there's still no "end in sight" to have my ordered ST delivered (built since 15 March.....sitting in Chicago ever since.....rotting away....), the good news, is they fixed ALL FOUR of the recent new Explorers they had with the recall today. They said the fix is in, and it's just an adjustment with the PCM. As I suspected, it's a software fix....and the dealers have the fix. Anyway, all their existing inventory, which couldn't be sold, is now available for demo and sale.

of course, still no idea when my ordered ST will come in.................maybe by Chrismtas?
Yikes….built status since March 15th and still not delivered? That’s frustrating. And here I am, getting excited about it clicking over to built a few days ago….looks like I’ll have another long wait ahead.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
It's Thursday; did anyone get an email regarding scheduling? I can start. No.

Reactions
It's Thursday; did anyone get an email regarding scheduling? I can start. No.
No new updates on mine either. Still in order processing...Just spoke to a representative at Ford.

Redvalk

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Exporer ST
I'm going to try and find an EXISTING ST on a lot and bite the bullet and make a deal if it's somewhat close to the package I ordered. The recall fix is in.....they can sell them now.....and since there's "no end in sight" about a REAL delivery date on mine (ordered 8 Jan, built 15 March and NEVER shipped)....I'm going after "a bird in the hand" instead of my ordered one "in the bush". I just have ZEROOOOOO faith it will ship or be delivered any time reasonably soon. Even if it did ship sometime soon, my wife's F350 took a MONTH to get here once it shipped last year.....sat in a railyard waiting on a truck for a month. I'm even willing to pay considerably more now....just to actually get my hands on one instead of all this waiting and guessing game anymore............

call me irritated.............

Reactions
At this point, maybe waiting for a 2023 model year St would be a better idea...they might have some nice addition's. Just throwing that out there.

Redvalk

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Exporer ST
Predictably.....before my "2-8 May window" even closed (today is the 6th), my dealer called with yet another (4th) new "window"......14-20 May. They're just going to keep doing this.....moving the "carrot" in front of me a little further.....and then a little further.....and then a little further.....to see just how far I'll chase it. I'm going tomorrow to look at two STs I found. I may buy one even if it isn't exactly the package I wanted ....and even if the deal isn't that good....to just get this OVER. I'm sick and tired of it.............