Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Vehicle Order Tracking

Redvalk

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Exporer ST
Would likely be more than a few hundred miles for you but this Rapid Red 401a w/tech package has been showing in stock for around 2 weeks now at my dealer:

https://www.suburbanfordofsterlingh...Explorer-734cc0810a0e09a80126ae2d94c9bac3.htm

Might be worth calling to verify. I know for a fact that they are honoring A/Z plan. Military and/or first responder discounts were being offered as well.
I'm checking on it now. My wife is from Ann Arbor. We could drive up with our tradein.....and drive home a new ST. Their price....is in the ball park....really the only difference is paying for 4 wheel drive (my order is RWD). We bought our F350 with 4 wheel drive even though originally we didn't think we wanted it. I'm ok with a getting another vehicle with 4 wheel drive....and of course, I'm ok with paying the little extra that cost.

silverTT

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I'm checking on it now. My wife is from Ann Arbor. We could drive up with our tradein.....and drive home a new ST. Their price....is in the ball park....really the only difference is paying for 4 wheel drive (my order is RWD). We bought our F350 with 4 wheel drive even though originally we didn't think we wanted it. I'm ok with a getting another vehicle with 4 wheel drive....and of course, I'm ok with paying the little extra that cost.
Best of luck, hope it’s still there for you guys!

Blackoutsfl

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
‘22 Ford Explorer ST
@Redvalk good luck! I hope it all works out and you finally get your vehicle

Redvalk

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Exporer ST
@Redvalk good luck! I hope it all works out and you finally get your vehicle
Well, that ended quickly. Got an email first thing this morning after they opened. "Due to low inventory, we are not processing ANY out of state sales". They won't sell it to this good ol' boy from Alabama.

Still STUCK.....waiting until Christmas or Hell freezes over.....or Ford ships my built car, whichever occurs first.............................

silverTT

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Well, that ended quickly. Got an email first thing this morning after they opened. "Due to low inventory, we are not processing ANY out of state sales". They won't sell it to this good ol' boy from Alabama.

Still STUCK.....waiting until Christmas or Hell freezes over.....or Ford ships my built car, whichever occurs first.............................
Damn, just when you think you’ve heard/seen it all. Sorry man, that sucks :(

Blackoutsfl

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
‘22 Ford Explorer ST
If you made a trip to Michigan would it still be considered an out of state sale? @Redvalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I am in the same waiting boat as all of you. I picked up and purchased a dealer order that was supposed to be here at the end of March. its now May 12 and they say its supposed to be here May 24th. The tracking site says it was built 3/14/2022 but its stuck on arranging shipment to your dealer.

I already did my loan paper work and the dealership took my trade-in. So far I have been driving new ford edges that they let me put 1k miles on and then swap it out for a different one. I really want my ST! so I am holding out for the delivery.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I have a $1,000 deposit down to hold a dealer-ordered 2022-ST (dealer ordered 2/9) and is 'in production'. I also just got a call from another dealership ~45 minutes away that the ST on their lot has been reprogrammed and ready for sale. Considering requesting my deposit back and buying the one available. Anyone gone through the refund process on dealer ordered? Any gotcha's to consider?

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Aviator
Anyone gone through the refund process on dealer ordered? Any gotcha's to consider?
I cancelled my order a few weeks back (bought an in-stock Aviator instead). My dealership never cashed the check we gave them so they just tore it up. No push back from the sales person at all, just wanted to know if I found something else or something else prevented us from purchasing.
I would go and buy what you can see/touch at this point if it matches what you wanted to buy in the first place.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I cancelled my order a few weeks back (bought an in-stock Aviator instead). My dealership never cashed the check we gave them so they just tore it up. No push back from the sales person at all, just wanted to know if I found something else or something else prevented us from purchasing.
I would go and buy what you can see/touch at this point if it matches what you wanted to buy in the first place.
Thanks for the feedback! The other dealership realized the recall was more than the software update soooo back to waiting for production and shipping :-(

Redvalk

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Exporer ST
I am in the same waiting boat as all of you. I picked up and purchased a dealer order that was supposed to be here at the end of March. its now May 12 and they say its supposed to be here May 24th. The tracking site says it was built 3/14/2022 but its stuck on arranging shipment to your dealer.

I already did my loan paper work and the dealership took my trade-in. So far I have been driving new ford edges that they let me put 1k miles on and then swap it out for a different one. I really want my ST! so I am holding out for the delivery.
Wow, another person with the same build date (14 March) in the same boat.....the dreaded "awaiting shipment". Mine says (of course, as noted...this is my FOURTH window.....3-9 April, 24-29 April, 2-8 May and now 14-20 May).....14-20 May. But unless it ships SOON, i seriously doubt this fourth window will be met. As I've noted "a 100 times now" (or so it seems :sneaky:)....my experience with ordering and shipping down here in the South is that nothing shipped is going to come SOON. I'm just hoping (at this point):
1. It actually, finally, really ships . That's the FIRST step of course, and since it's been 2 months since the build (as of tomorrow), God only knows what "decade" they might finally really ship....and God isn't telling anyone when (nor .....is Ford......)
2. It doesn't go "slow boat by way of China"....as in sit in a railyard for weeks. Since I already have that tshirt on another vehicle through Ford....been there...done that, got that tshirt...do NOT need another one, thankyou!

Wish my dealer would offer me a car to drive! I sold my second car to them back on 11 January....thinking the original "8-12 weeks" was the "truth". To say I've been inconvenienced for the last 4 months, is the understatement of the Century! That's nice your dealer did that for you. I too completed my paperwork on the deal long ago.....as in....on that 8 January date. Including what the dealer is SUPPOSED to give me for my tradein (which now has 10,000 more miles and balding tires).

Meanwhile, because I have no faith....have exhausted trying to buy one similar on a lot (huge markups....or the dealer in Detroit saying no go, MUST be a Michigan resident)....I did a build on the Dodge website today for A Dodge Durango R/T. A friend of mine talked to me last night and told me had done a build from the local Dodge dealer....and they swore on a stack of bibles it would be here in EARLY JUNE. I'm just thinking.....I like the looks of a Red Durango R/T loaded.....why not order one....and see which one comes in first. Who do I trust more at this point....Ford....or Dodge? I've already seen Ford's HORRIBLE track record on getting vehicles to the dealer (I'm living that nightmare!). How could Dodge be ANY WORSE? And if they're better.....buy they loaded Dodge and move on................

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Dodge/Ram has been cranking out the trucks lately. They don't seem to have the same delays right now.

cmills

Reactions
It finally happened! Never thought I’d see the day. Hope you all get yours (or find another one) soon!! IMO, the wait was worth it!!!! Can’t wait to really see what she’s got on the 8.5 hour drive home tomorrow. 813CC79D-6484-4458-ADF9-E75541C230D8.jpeg

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
That's pretty.

Reactions
I have a $1,000 deposit down to hold a dealer-ordered 2022-ST (dealer ordered 2/9) and is 'in production'. I also just got a call from another dealership ~45 minutes away that the ST on their lot has been reprogrammed and ready for sale. Considering requesting my deposit back and buying the one available. Anyone gone through the refund process on dealer ordered? Any gotcha's to consider?
Or you could keep the order open and sell it to someone else for perhaps a profit once it finally gets built.

tntlars

Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Ordered mine Jan 28th with confirmation email that day as well and nothing but a email about delays with certain options nothing else. 401A, tech package and twin panel moonroof. Still waiting to be scheduled. Not sure how much longer I'm going to wait! I know some have waited longer but several have received theirs and ordered a month or two after me, just don't understand the process!

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I feel fortunate to have brought mine home over the weekend. I only hope more of you can take delivery soon!

Attachments

Redvalk

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Exporer ST
I feel fortunate to have brought mine home over the weekend. I only hope more of you can take delivery soon!
was it the one you had ordered, or one on the lot? Last week you said the one on order was in production I thought?