Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Vehicle Order Tracking

Blackoutsfl

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
‘22 Ford Explorer ST
My order said priority 19. So the ones that I've seen with a quicker turn around have been from Florida.

Is there a pattern to that?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hopefully you guys can help me understand what I need for tracking. I ordered on 4/4/22, but have not received any emails or info until today, I stopped into the dealer to ask whats up. They printed out this screen shot of the sales manager's "order fulfillment" that just shows In Order Processing. I see an order number and a dealer code. But I don't know if I can look at anything on Ford's end about my order. I tried entering the order number on shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking but it says it's invalid. Is that site what everyone's been using to tracking?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hopefully you guys can help me understand what I need for tracking. I ordered on 4/4/22, but have not received any emails or info until today, I stopped into the dealer to ask whats up. They printed out this screen shot of the sales manager's "order fulfillment" that just shows In Order Processing. I see an order number and a dealer code. But I don't know if I can look at anything on Ford's end about my order. I tried entering the order number on shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking but it says it's invalid. Is that site what everyone's been using to tracking?
Weird, i received an email from ford almost immediately confirming the order. Sounds like the dealer didn't submit it or they have your email address wrong?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Weird, i received an email from ford almost immediately confirming the order. Sounds like the dealer didn't submit it or they have your email address wrong?
I have a feeling they have my email wrong. They checked their internal system which has it correct, but I assume they had to enter it into the order. Of course, the "person" who knows how to look into that wasn't there today, so the other sales manager left him a note. After reading a lot on this forum, I had a feeling that I wasn't given all the info I should have been. I've literally heard nothing since the day I wrote the deposit check.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Placed an order for a 22 Explorer St March 15th.
Got an email saying it was going into production the week of May 9th. Then got an email saying they changed it to May 2nd.
Tracked it and is in production already.

Attached our window sticker. Feel lucky after reading some of your horror stories on wait times!

Having a baby in August and moving end of May so the sooner the better for us.
I placed my order March 9th and it goes into production May 9th. I’m glad to see your sticker shows the MCS. Hopefully mine will as well. When were you able to view the sticker? When I click on View Window Sticker I get a message saying to try back later because it hasn’t been released yet.

And congrats on the baby!

tntlars

Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Atlas Blue
401A 4x4
Premium Tech
Twin moonroof
Roof rails

Ordered 1-28-2022 Received original email that night no other communications, Talked with the dealer 3 weeks ago and I was told it had been moved to a priority 2 by the reginal rep. still not scheduled, not sure what's going on but very frustrating. I know others have waited much longer but hard to just set and wait patiently!

Blackoutsfl

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
‘22 Ford Explorer ST
I placed my order March 9th and it goes into production May 9th. I’m glad to see your sticker shows the MCS. Hopefully mine will as well. When were you able to view the sticker? When I click on View Window Sticker I get a message saying to try back later because it hasn’t been released yet.

Thank you so much! I was able to view the sticker yesterday. I am so happy to not see the credit for the seats. Can't wait to get it! I'm not getting my hopes up because I don't know how much longer we have to wait because of all the shortages. My salesman when I placed the order let me know it would be 3 months

Ford Forever

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
My window sticker

Mine just came available to see today.

Reactions
how are any cars coming if they are under stop sale?

Blackoutsfl

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
‘22 Ford Explorer ST
how are any cars coming if they are under stop sale?
What do you mean there's a stop sale? I haven't heard of that. New orders are being placed with some missing featuresbas far as I know. Is there something I'm missing?

Reactions
stop sale for the rear end problem,

Reactions
Received my ST. No rear controls delete. Recall popped-up on Ford app. That V6 is strong! Stone Blue is really nice. Pics later.

Said late-April at the earliest when I first posted. I was correct.

Blackoutsfl

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
‘22 Ford Explorer ST
stop sale for the rear end problem,
What I heard from a dealership in West palm was that they were going to do a recall to install them later on.

I don't know how much of it is true. But the rear controls won't be a deal breaker for us

silverTT

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
What I heard from a dealership in West palm was that they were going to do a recall to install them later on.

I don't know how much of it is true. But the rear controls won't be a deal breaker for us
The rear climate controls (and not being included on some newly built Explorers….to be installed later on) is a totally different issue than the rear end problem and “stop sale”.

There is currently a safety recall affecting most (all?) Explorer STs produced after 2020, due to the potential of the rear axle bolt fracture.

What that means is that even if your ST is delivered right now to the dealership, they are prohibited by law to sell you that vehicle until that safety recall work is completed.

Initial estimates by Ford state that the recall won’t even be ready to be performed on affected vehicles until end of Quarter 2/beginning of Quarter 3. So theoretically, if your vehicle shows up at the dealer today, you may not be able to drive it away until August.

STHouston

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Ordered April 25 and got VIN and production date on April 27! Production week June 20th:). I ordered forged green with street pack only. The build says I have the B&O stereo. I hope I do.

Attachments

Blackoutsfl

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
‘22 Ford Explorer ST
The rear climate controls (and not being included on some newly built Explorers….to be installed later on) is a totally different issue than the rear end problem and “stop sale”.

There is currently a safety recall affecting most (all?) Explorer STs produced after 2020, due to the potential of the rear axle bolt fracture.

What that means is that even if your ST is delivered right now to the dealership, they are prohibited by law to sell you that vehicle until that safety recall work is completed.

Initial estimates by Ford state that the recall won’t even be ready to be performed on affected vehicles until end of Quarter 2/beginning of Quarter 3. So theoretically, if your vehicle shows up at the dealer today, you may not be able to drive it away until August.
Thank you for that explanation. I read about the rear axle issue. But had no idea there was a recall out that would possibly hold up all of our deliveries.
Wait and see with our fingers crossed!

Ford Forever

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Ordered April 25 and got VIN and production date on April 27! Production week June 20th:). I ordered forged green with street pack only. The build says I have the B&O stereo. I hope I do.
Mine said that also until I was able to view the window sticker. The window sticker just says am/fm/mp3 6 speakers.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
When status is "In Order Processing", is a VIN available?

OP
STFan

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Thread Starter #1,059
When status is "In Order Processing", is a VIN available?
You should be able to get a VIN from your dealer at this point.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
You should be able to get a VIN from your dealer at this point.
I guess things may have changed....I checked with both my dealer and Ford Marketing and they said no VIN yet. I guess I'll wait and see what happens on Thursday and Friday.