Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Vehicle Order Tracking

cmills

Reactions
The same thing has happened to my order. It is at Manheim Auto Auction in Chicago.Should I be worried?
No I don't think so. From what I can tell this is now a normal course of business. I think, based on everyone else's input and discussions on other forums, Ford has leases for lot space to store their vehicles that aren't quite ready yet. I've tried to look in the SEC filings to see if I can find disclosures naming the contracts or leases but they're likely not material enough to be mentioned there. Ultimately, they're just moving your car to make room for the next one coming down the line since they aren't stopping production. It is concerning for sure to see your car being sent to an "Auto Auction". I was certainly worried at first too.

Kino

Reactions
My delivery date changed this morning from 2.11 to 5.11. Seems like they just input exactly 3 extra months to the delivery times. Chips, chips, chips.

See, I knew that I wouldn't be expecting my ST until late-April at the earliest. Chips, chips, chips.

Now it will probably be moved and sitting at the Manheim Auction Lot with the rest of you because of space. Nothing new. Ford does sales there on their crappy trade-ins and the ilk, but the use of that lot is typical for overflow of what is built at the Torrance facility. Ford isn't going to put your vehicle up for auction. You should look at the '21 F-150s and the lots that were filled in the Detroit area back in late-'20 and early '21 waiting for all types of parts, including chips. Pretty impressive! I'm sure there are still pics on the F-150 14gen forums.

GORDO

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
22’ ST
I received my shipping update and confirmed with the dealer it was on its way.
ordered 11/18/21
Blend 1/6/22
Built 1/7/22
Shipped 1/30/22
ETA to dealer 2/6/22
Only options are street pack and 2nd row bench.

Last edited:
Reactions
The same thing has happened to my order. It is at Manheim Auto Auction in Chicago.Should I be worried?
It seems like that is one of the places where they are sending vehicles to wait for their parts. I wasn't informed of that at first so I was panicked, but between this forum and the Blue Oval forum, I'm seeing more and more people having their vehicles sent to the Auction.

Reactions
It seems like that is one of the places where they are sending vehicles to wait for their parts. I wasn't informed of that at first so I was panicked, but between this forum and the Blue Oval forum, I'm seeing more and more people having their vehicles sent to the Auction.
Did you find out if it was one or multiple parts that held up your build?

Reactions
Build update for everyone. The groundhog saw his shadow so 6 more weeks until we see our STs.

Reactions
Hopefully
My blend date is tomorrow. I'm thinking it will get built and shipped somewhere to wait.......
Hopefully not my blend date is 2/5.
I hope we can get ours built and shipped soon.
I am in contact with a Ford worker who is supposed to message me once it moves out of body. She doesn’t think mine will be complete until mid next week.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Ford is a customer of my business. I almost went down there today to see them build mine. Then we got a foot of snow.....

I'm cautiously optomistic but the stories I am hearing are not encouraging. I hope you are right.

Blaster7Romeo

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
the storys I am hearing in this thread the last few weeks are scaring me .. lol. I was expecting my ST mid March when I ordered it mid dec. now it is looking like it will not be till summer.. I got a few road trips planed I wanted to do in the spring. summer is full on work and I can't get away for weeks on end...

I may just have to see if I can pay stealership prices rather than the xplan I ordered mine for . lol

kane04

Reactions
the storys I am hearing in this thread the last few weeks are scaring me .. lol. I was expecting my ST mid March when I ordered it mid dec. now it is looking like it will not be till summer.. I got a few road trips planed I wanted to do in the spring. summer is full on work and I can't get away for weeks on end...

I may just have to see if I can pay stealership prices rather than the xplan I ordered mine for . lol
I hear ya. Same boat with some trips in focus (family road trip out west, Target, Costco…) plus I’m getting impatient. I sold my 17 Explorer to CarMax end of December thinking I’d have the ST in a month. There’s a dealer close to me with my exact build but $1700 more than my order. Ford originally had my build for 2/28, then changed out to 1/17. Now we’re looking at May.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Mine shows in production on the tracker now. Window sticker shows up using the pdf link with blend date of 2/11.

Something interesting, my window sticker is not Ford Performance, shows up green and no ST SUV experience in the pdf. Is this because I’m RWD or just too early?

Blaster7Romeo

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Mine shows in production on the tracker now. Window sticker shows up using the pdf link with blend date of 2/11.

Something interesting, my window sticker is not Ford Performance, shows up green and no ST SUV experience in the pdf. Is this because I’m RWD or just too early?

I noticed that on a RWD one I saw in Statesville

Andy

Reactions
We determined that we are going through the same dealer, and theoretically should be on the same transport.

The Ford tracker isn't working for me this morning, but as of yesterday was still showing 1/10 ETA.

My salesperson just emailed me and said they are now expecting it "the week of the 23rd"...

Kind of ridiculous, since it went into production on December 8th and has been waiting for a ride since the 17th.
how do i access the Ford tracker.

Andy

Reactions
thanks, i found that site. does the dealer have access to a site that tells exactly where the ST is located on the assembly line. my delivery was pushed out 3 more months without an explanation. Was it pulled from the assembly line. if so,where is the ST located currently. the start build date was 1-21-2022. it cannot possibly take a total of 5 months to run the length of the assembly line

Reactions
I’ve been “in production” since 1/6/22 and had and estimated delivery of 2/5/22. My estimated delivery was bumped out to 5/6/22 when I checked today.

JANDJ

Reactions
I’ve been “in production” since 1/6/22 and had and estimated delivery of 2/5/22. My estimated delivery was bumped out to 5/6/22 when I checked today.
That would be enough for me to cancel and go buy something else.

Reactions
Well just got word Chicago plant is closed next week. They laid employees off for a week until the 14th. Another week back.