Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Vehicle Order Tracking

GORDO

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
22’ ST
Mine arrived at the dealer today. 3 days earlier than expected by rail.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum. Enjoy the ST

Reactions
Ford announced the chip shortage is halting or down cutting production of the Explorer in Chicago.

Reactions
Saw that. Haven’t seen any specific dates, have you? My blend date is next Friday, I’m hopeful it will make the cut but not holding my breath.

Hp2022

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
Just joining in, my blend date was yesterday. I wonder what they means for me. I haven’t had any updates yet.

Reactions

Hp2022

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
I’m pretty sure the link I followed in a thread here I saw that they were being laid off next week, and back to work 2/14. 1 week seems optimistic to me.

I also saw were someone who i assume works at Ford said there is over 15k vehicles on hold for parts

https://www.explorerst.org/threads/chicago-assembly-plant-production-downtime.3340/
I saw that too. I was like that sounds a little too good to be true with supply chain issues in every industry. If that’s the same person you’re talking about I seen that post that too and that cars are getting built and moved offsite till parts come through. Sounds like they would build what’s in production but not build anything new. So if your car showed in production it will continue down the line from what I seen posted.

Reactions
My order was placed on July 1st and is now at Mannheim Auction. It’s been in production since mid November and now I can’t even view my window sticker anymore? Does anyone know why that happens?

LEGEND

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Ordered mine 12/14. Received email it was scheduled for production on 1/24. It was built as of 2/3 with an ETA of delivery for 2/28. Last week I received an email saying delivery date was MOVED UP and to expect it between 2/16-2/22...

Got an email last night saying it's now been pushed back to MAY 27TH!

Attachments

Reactions
Ordered mine 12/14. Received email it was scheduled for production on 1/24. It was built as of 2/3 with an ETA of delivery for 2/28. Last week I received an email saying delivery date was MOVED UP and to expect it between 2/16-2/22...

Man that is rough, what a roller coaster! Hopefully it beats the May date!

LEGEND

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
My order was placed on July 1st and is now at Mannheim Auction. It’s been in production since mid November and now I can’t even view my window sticker anymore? Does anyone know why that happens?
do you happen to have a VIN? I can try and take a look..

Knkriv

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions

Updated: it was delivered overnight and the dealership had no idea! So even though it said May it still came. They said they’ve never had this happen.

My build date was also 2/3 and I had an expected delivery date of 2/6-2/12. Then got the email saying it was pushed to May. Woke up on 2/9 and tracker now says it’s been delivered! I talked to my dealership yesterday and they said it was marked as released but they were waiting on regional guidance. There’s no date for shipped, just a check mark. Below where it says delivery status it says delivered.
I don’t know what’s going on but I’m hoping the May thing is a mistake. IMG_4986.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hp2022

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
Updated: it was delivered overnight and the dealership had no idea! So even though it said May it still came. They said they’ve never had this happen.

My build date was also 2/3 and I had an expected delivery date of 2/6-2/12. Then got the email saying it was pushed to May. Woke up on 2/9 and tracker now says it’s been delivered! I talked to my dealership yesterday and they said it was marked as released but they were waiting on regional guidance. There’s no date for shipped, just a check mark. Below where it says delivery status it says delivered.
I don’t know what’s going on but I’m hoping the May thing is a mistake. View attachment 10078

I ordered the week after you so I’m hoping that my car is right behind yours. Good to see these update. hopefully the plant is only closed for this week.

Reactions

I don’t know what’s going on but I’m hoping the May thing is a mistake.

Congrats on the new ride! Hopefully you will be cruising soon in it!

Blaster7Romeo

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
With all the posts about people having there's delayed . plant shut downs and me not having a Vin after 7 weeks. I have pretty much given up hope on mine showing up before my spring cross country trip/ vacation / ski trip I want to take. before work gets busy in late may.

even thoe it will cost me more sence no one wants to honor x plan pricing on stuff on the lot.

there are some v8 derangos out there and they are even giving you some factory incentives money. I found one with the " tow and go" package that brings it in about the same price range .

but I think I am still gonna look harder for an ST may just have to drive 4 hr lol

LEGEND

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST

I don’t know what’s going on but I’m hoping the May thing is a mistake. View attachment 10078

Wow congrats! Our timing is almost identical. Mine also said built as of 2/3. There may be hope! Thanks for sharing.

Reactions
I was over by the Manheim Auction the other day. It is quite a large place and secure. I couldn't see many new Fords. Because of the amounts of snow that we've had in the Chicago area, I couldn't make out what cars were Explorers. There were some Amazon delivery vehicles and a few pickups on the SW corner of the yards. The Explorer area looked to be on the SE side, but getting to a place to take pictures was impossible because of the snows, how the landscape is set up, and industrial construction in the vicinity. Those vehicles in that SE area were just covered with snow, but looked identical. I guess one could assume that is where the Explorers are. Plus, I don't want to get in trouble for tresspassing.