Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Vehicle Order Tracking

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Sounds like I need to reduce my excitement of build date. Guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed they have parts next Wednesday or else it's off to the parking lot for my Explorer.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Aviator
More movement on mine today (1/22/2022).
Via the Ford tracking site it has a "In production" date of 1/21/22, and est. delivery of Feb 9.
Sounds like I'm in the same boat as a number of others. Everything else is the same except the delivery date moved back to May 10th, so about 3 months later.

Last edited:

Chris6715

Reactions
Ours was supposed to be delivered on January 29 and now it’s been postponed to April 29 dealer says chips and wheels

Zoli21

Reactions
I just did a trace with the railcar company. Left Chicago on the 10th. Its still on the train in Portland Oregon. Delivery date estimate is February 10th

Blaster7Romeo

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I believe for dealer retail orders they can assign 10-19, with 10 being the highest priority. I ordered from a smaller dealer and am priority 19, but they were fair pricing and no BS like the big guys around here.
yea.. I am 19 as well. (maybe why I have not heard a thing compared to people that ordered the same time) small dealer no BS. I have known the manager and service manager for 10+ years.

JANDJ

Reactions
Just got third email bumped up again to a Feb 7 build date. Seeing all these posts about built vehicles sitting in lots for months not sure if I should get excited. However another recent thread mentions possibly that the roof option parts are the holdup. I didn’t order the roof so I may be good. We’ll see!

Last edited:
Reactions
Just got third email bumped up again to a Feb 7 build date. Seeing all these posts about built vehicles sitting in lots for months not sure I should get excited. However another recent thread mentions possibly that the roof option parts are the holdup. I didn’t order the roof so I may be good. We’ll see!
Same on both for me. Waiting for the window sticker to pop up online now!

Reactions
Hi guys! Hoping some of you have some insight, since this is my first time ordering. Order confirmed on 11/24 - 401A, twin panel moonroof. Set for production on 2/7, then moved up to 1/17. Went into production 1/19. Per my dealer, it was built on 1/19 then moved offsite (which I tracked via palsapp) to Manheim Auto Auction. Dealer told me this was common for adding additional items after production. Cool, no problems there. However, I had an estimated delivery date of 2/18 which moved this morning to 5/19. I've checked the as built data which shows BCE modules are loaded but no PCM. I can only assume this is part of the hold up. I plan to call the dealer on Monday to see if there's a note in the visibility report but wanted to see if anyone else has hit the same problems. I had zero urgency when I ordered it, but knowing it's sitting in a random lot *mostly* ready makes me a little impatient lol!
Almost same with mine, moved to 1/17, in production 1/24, had an estimated delivery of 2/14 but now says 5/14. No tracking available in the palsapp site though.

I started ordering parts for it already, it's going to be a bummer if it gets pushed back another 3 months.

cmills

Reactions
Almost same with mine, moved to 1/17, in production 1/24, had an estimated delivery of 2/14 but now says 5/14. No tracking available in the palsapp site though.

I started ordering parts for it already, it's going to be a bummer if it gets pushed back another 3 months.
Have you tried looking up the vin on United Road? (https://www.unitedroad.com/delivery-receipt) I just called my dealer, he said if it's been moved off-site then all parts are on the vehicle (so mine had the moonroof installed) but since it's in a holding area, it's just the chips we're waiting on. Nothing noted in the visibility report stating that but that's his assumption based on recent trends. When I ordered in November, I was projecting a May/June pickup date so my original estimations were right. Ford just got my hopes up for an earlier date.

Reactions
Have you tried looking up the vin on United Road? (https://www.unitedroad.com/delivery-receipt) I just called my dealer, he said if it's been moved off-site then all parts are on the vehicle (so mine had the moonroof installed) but since it's in a holding area, it's just the chips we're waiting on. Nothing noted in the visibility report stating that but that's his assumption based on recent trends. When I ordered in November, I was projecting a May/June pickup date so my original estimations were right. Ford just got my hopes up for an earlier date.
I placed my order on July 1 and I’m still waiting. Do you have to register your email on the Unitedroad site, to track it?

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions

This is my problem......the big stack of parts in my garage. Running out of excuses to tell my wife what they are for. When I bought the CTSV I put headers into stock exhaust and it was really quiet until you got on it. Was driving with the family one day and my youngest daughter (13 a the time) asked me what I did to my car because she could tell the exhaust tone was a little different. Well I fessed up. My wife rolls her eyes and says "So you bought the fastest four door production car and it wasn't fast enough????".

cmills

Reactions
I placed my order on July 1 and I’m still waiting. Do you have to register your email on the Unitedroad site, to track it?
Oof. Hate to hear that. Yeah, you'll have to register your email but only on your phone. I could never find the link if I looked on my laptop. If you search the vin on your phone, it'll pop up a link to register under the destination. Once registered, you can put a watch on the location, which in my case is the dealership I ordered from. I've seen a couple F-250s and F-450s delivered to the dealer in the last two weeks. Those were ordered back in August so... it also helps gauge timing too. I noticed they sat at the rail yard about 3-4 days then once loaded on the truck it's a quick hour and a half - two hour drive to the dealer.

Reactions
Thanks for that link, just checked and looks like it's now at the Chicago Auto Auction, delivered 1/26.

So now we wait.....

Reactions
Oof. Hate to hear that. Yeah, you'll have to register your email but only on your phone. I could never find the link if I looked on my laptop. If you search the vin on your phone, it'll pop up a link to register under the destination. Once registered, you can put a watch on the location, which in my case is the dealership I ordered from. I've seen a couple F-250s and F-450s delivered to the dealer in the last two weeks. Those were ordered back in August so... it also helps gauge timing too. I noticed they sat at the rail yard about 3-4 days then once loaded on the truck it's a quick hour and a half - two hour drive to the dealer.
I tried to register but it says something went wrong. Do you know if a VIN can be registered by multiple email addresses?

cmills

Reactions
I tried to register but it says something went wrong. Do you know if a VIN can be registered by multiple email addresses?
I got that error the first time I tried it too. I tried it again and it happened to work the second time.

cmills

Reactions
How do you register ?
Once you go to the united road link (on your phone), enter your vin, hit search and the below should pop up. Hit register under destination and it'll take you through the process. You might get an error message, I did, but try again and it should work.
IMG_7986.jpg

Reactions
Back on 1/17, my dealer called my husband and told me that my vehicle had been released from the factory and that it could take anywhere from 2 weeks to 30 days to receive it. I haven't received a shipped email from Ford, but I can't log in to the website anymore as it shows my vehicle has been delivered. Has anyone had their car arrive without getting the shipped email from Ford?

Reactions
Nothing like finding out your brand new vehicle was shipped to an auto auction site on Thursday and Ford says no it was delivered to the dealership. Dealership FINALLY did some digging and found it at the auto auction site. Now to have it shipped to the dealership to see if we even want it.

UPDATE!! Just got off the phone with the dealership and was told that FORD is picking up the vehicle because it was sent out NOT completed, it was missing chips so it's being sent back to the factory. The saga continues. Ford shows it was delivered on 12/17/21 and the. Recently shows chip recall.

This whole process has been a nightmare... Actually considering retracting our order. Keep getting the run around with Ford and dealership. Had Ford send a complaint to the dealership today.
The same thing has happened to my order. It is at Manheim Auto Auction in Chicago.Should I be worried?

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
My blend date is tomorrow. I'm thinking it will get built and shipped somewhere to wait.......