Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Chicago Assembly Plant production downtime

Reactions
Just saw this posted on the FB owners group https://www.facebook.com/groups/ExplorerSTOwners/permalink/3160516000860448/

Mike Mccullough
Ok folks... It looks like Chicago Assembly Plant is gonna have some production downtime. I'll let you know the time frame when I know. What this means for the customer is this... If your vehicle has been in production and not shipped, it's most likely waiting on parts. This downtime will allow us to complete partial builds and get them to the customer. For those who ordered and have not had a build date, your order will be on hold. I promise to keep everyone updated as I learn accurate information.

Reactions
I was surprised my smart ass reply about the subframe didn't get more traction when he answered.....

So did they make the switch to hoard them for the Aviator and the RWD ST?

Reactions
Wow, 15k vehicles on hold for parts.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Hmmm, mine is being built this week. Hopefully mine won't go on hold and will be considered a partial.