Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Recall 23S23 360 Degree Camera Stop Sale

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Ford came in a special service truck and replaced the rear camera system, and the harness, updated the software, and test-drove the ST. It took almost two hours to complete. I am watching the ST for it to blue screen again but as I said not a good sign. When it happens the entire screen will go blue and to clear it we put the ST back in park, waited a few seconds, and then put the ST back in reverse. The second time worked as it should.
Wow, sounds like a Tesla service appt after shutting down their service centre.. how did you get that booked in?
The blue screen seems to be a software issue this time around in loading cam mode, how lovely… not just one camera failing this time…

kbatto

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
The dealer set the whole thing up and scheduled it. I am calling the dealer Monday and inform them of what happened.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Now that's service! Good luck!

I was tinkering with Forscan on the Bronco, did a lot except for killing auto start/stop which stopped having an effect on '23's :(

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Just finalized our Bronco Wildtrak and took it home.

Unlocked my laptop... to the Explorer status page... refreshed it...

....aaaaand :

*facepalm*

1698456184534.png

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Just finalized our Bronco Wildtrak and took it home.

Unlocked my laptop... to the Explorer status page... refreshed it...

....aaaaand :

*facepalm*

View attachment 20248
About all you can do is enjoy your Bronco. I hope you do.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
About all you can do is enjoy your Bronco. I hope you do.
We love it! Almost ended up with a Raptor which would have kept us in the same powertrain group as the ST, but we are looking for another house next year and in this economy where you keep the car is more important than what you drive! The 'squatch puts a smile on my face every time that I walk up to it to get behind the wheel!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer Platinum
IMG_0682.jpeg

Don’t feel to bad, no telling how long it will be there, mine still hasn’t shipped!

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Drove by a previously packed lot of Explorers in Bolingbrook a few days ago. Definitely starting to make a dent in the sheer number of explorers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
View attachment 20250

Don’t feel to bad, no telling how long it will be there, mine still hasn’t shipped!
Dang! I hear that there have been some delays with shipping due to strikes, and UAW related job actions...

JSal1105

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Just "built"...let's see how long this takes to ship...please send your good vibes & prayers!

1698844380239.png

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer ST
Just "built"...let's see how long this takes to ship...please send your good vibes & prayers!

View attachment 20288
Keep the faith. My ST was ordered in March and built in early May. Delivered to my dealer this weekend with 360 camera fixed. Waiting to sign for it based on available incentive/rebates for November. Test drove it yesterday. Picture is at dealer lot on Monday

Attachments

JSal1105

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Keep the faith. My ST was ordered in March and built in early May. Delivered to my dealer this weekend with 360 camera fixed. Waiting to sign for it based on available incentive/rebates for November. Test drove it yesterday. Picture is at dealer lot on Monday
Awesome! Good Luck with it!

GBG23

Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
@CityLineOutdoors - I have the same dilemna. Been as patient as I can be, but its the same old BS. 2024's will be out soon. Mine is built too and sitting waiting on a ride to the dealership. I saw other posts that showed shipment about 30 days after build. I guess we'll see....
View attachment 20081
Finally picked up the ST yesterday. The shipping did take 30 days from the build date. So far, so good. Didn't have much time yesterday to try out the 360 camera, etc. I wish luck to all of you who are still waiting on your vehicle. 20231031_151655.jpg

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST

View attachment 20288
Mine just shipped :eek: Yours shouldn't be far behind! Took 5 days from build to ship.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST (on order)
Gather round folks for the another chapter of my ridiculous story… I have been refreshing my tracking page for weeks on end and there was really no update after my status went to built some weeks ago. I for sure checked the page before leaving work Friday afternoon since I was getting excited when the UAW strike was being settled at Ford factories.

Saturday afternoon I get a call from the salesman at the dealership who says my car was just delivered and it would be ready in a couple of days. I immediately logged into the ford website and saw that my car had skipped the shipping step and went straight to the final stage. The salesmen told me to come in Sunday (next day) to get my trade-in approved and prep paperwork. I go in Sunday and ask to see the explorer but he says it’s not at the dealership, it’s at their storage lot. I didn’t question that since I’ve seen car carriers and dealership stock in some of the mall lots around the area before. The salesman gets word from whoever inspected my trade-in that they’ll offer me 7k and not a penny more. I have a 2014 Jeep grand Cherokee altitude package with 83k miles on it - KBB and Carfax quoted around 11,500 trade-in value conservatively. I was surprised at how low the dealership went on my trade in value and was a little peeved they wouldn’t work with me on price at all (especially after all this explorer BS), so I told them to forget it and I would sell the Jeep myself. We prepared some of the other details for the explorer deal and scheduled for me to pick it up on Tuesday the 31st.

I left the dealership and visited a neighbor who was in the market for a used car. I told the neighbor if he wanted the Jeep, I’d be happy to give him a great deal on it rather than have ford rip me off, and besides I had to move it fast to transfer the plates/registration on Tuesday. He agreed to buy my Jeep on the spot. It was a very quick process but after all, he is a neighbor and knows me and the car to some extent. We agreed that as soon as I get the ford on Tuesday I would drop off his Jeep.

Monday afternoon comes around and I’m starting to get excited, i arranged for a ride to the dealership and head to the bank to get a certified check for the purchase. I had all my paperwork ready in a pile when my phone rings. It’s the ford salesman. He says ~ ‘I don’t know how this happened, but your explorer is still in Dearborn MI. I don’t know when it will be delivered but I am told soon. Ford initially said it was delivered to us, but it was a screw up’

At that point I was just silent for a while, then I told him I had already made a deal to sell my Jeep and this nonsense is putting my family in a very bad position. My salesman offered me zero empathy and even had the balls to tell me “imagine how I feel.” He told me he would let me know when the car was ready when I hung up without saying a word.

At this point I don’t know what’s more ridiculous, the fact that Ford motor company can’t deliver operable cars and they have a tracking system that can be so completely wrong, or the fact that my salesman/dealership couldn’t give two shits about the trouble they’ve put me through. I have asked multiple times if they would do anything to keep me in the deal or to alleviate the troubles, and they just simply shrug the question off and change subjects…

At this point, my wife and I are still committed to getting the car which makes me feel stupid. They don’t deserve our business at all. If there was any way for me to cut my salesman out of the equation I would love to do it. All he had to do, at any point along this journey, was just pretend to be fighting for me. I guess we will see what happens next…

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Lousy story and treatment. Unfortunately these days, nobody cares. It sucks but it is what it is unfortunately. If you bail they will sell it to somebody else. Sometimes they will sell your car from under you for a few extra bucks. With a few exceptions, customer service is dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Finally picked up the ST yesterday. The shipping did take 30 days from the build date. So far, so good. Didn't have much time yesterday to try out the 360 camera, etc. I wish luck to all of you who are still waiting on your vehicle. View attachment 20298
Awesome! Is that with the street or performance package?

J368

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Finally picked up the ST yesterday. The shipping did take 30 days from the build date. So far, so good. Didn't have much time yesterday to try out the 360 camera, etc. I wish luck to all of you who are still waiting on your vehicle. View attachment 20298

Nice, enjoy the ride...

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Beautiful........What color is that?

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Gather round folks for the another chapter of my ridiculous story… I have been refreshing my tracking page for weeks on end and there was really no update after my status went to built some weeks ago. I for sure checked the page before leaving work Friday afternoon since I was getting excited when the UAW strike was being settled at Ford factories.

Saturday afternoon I get a call from the salesman at the dealership who says my car was just delivered and it would be ready in a couple of days. I immediately logged into the ford website and saw that my car had skipped the shipping step and went straight to the final stage. The salesmen told me to come in Sunday (next day) to get my trade-in approved and prep paperwork. I go in Sunday and ask to see the explorer but he says it’s not at the dealership, it’s at their storage lot. I didn’t question that since I’ve seen car carriers and dealership stock in some of the mall lots around the area before. The salesman gets word from whoever inspected my trade-in that they’ll offer me 7k and not a penny more. I have a 2014 Jeep grand Cherokee altitude package with 83k miles on it - KBB and Carfax quoted around 11,500 trade-in value conservatively. I was surprised at how low the dealership went on my trade in value and was a little peeved they wouldn’t work with me on price at all (especially after all this explorer BS), so I told them to forget it and I would sell the Jeep myself. We prepared some of the other details for the explorer deal and scheduled for me to pick it up on Tuesday the 31st.

I left the dealership and visited a neighbor who was in the market for a used car. I told the neighbor if he wanted the Jeep, I’d be happy to give him a great deal on it rather than have ford rip me off, and besides I had to move it fast to transfer the plates/registration on Tuesday. He agreed to buy my Jeep on the spot. It was a very quick process but after all, he is a neighbor and knows me and the car to some extent. We agreed that as soon as I get the ford on Tuesday I would drop off his Jeep.

Monday afternoon comes around and I’m starting to get excited, i arranged for a ride to the dealership and head to the bank to get a certified check for the purchase. I had all my paperwork ready in a pile when my phone rings. It’s the ford salesman. He says ~ ‘I don’t know how this happened, but your explorer is still in Dearborn MI. I don’t know when it will be delivered but I am told soon. Ford initially said it was delivered to us, but it was a screw up’

At that point I was just silent for a while, then I told him I had already made a deal to sell my Jeep and this nonsense is putting my family in a very bad position. My salesman offered me zero empathy and even had the balls to tell me “imagine how I feel.” He told me he would let me know when the car was ready when I hung up without saying a word.

At this point I don’t know what’s more ridiculous, the fact that Ford motor company can’t deliver operable cars and they have a tracking system that can be so completely wrong, or the fact that my salesman/dealership couldn’t give two shits about the trouble they’ve put me through. I have asked multiple times if they would do anything to keep me in the deal or to alleviate the troubles, and they just simply shrug the question off and change subjects…

At this point, my wife and I are still committed to getting the car which makes me feel stupid. They don’t deserve our business at all. If there was any way for me to cut my salesman out of the equation I would love to do it. All he had to do, at any point along this journey, was just pretend to be fighting for me. I guess we will see what happens next…
That is absolutely unacceptable, I would request to speak to the Regional Ford Rep about this circumstance.

That dealership needs a wake up call.