Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Recall 23S23 360 Degree Camera Stop Sale

Agitator

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Platinum Explorer
Congrats Pam... I hope it arrives in good condition. I'm still waiting on my Platinum with the same dates as yours!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Very excited to share, IT'S FINALLY IN! Dealer called and it was just unloaded off of the truck. Picking it up Friday at 10 AM. :cool:
Ordered 4-2, Production 7-19, Built 11-15, Shipped 11-20, Arrived @ dealer 11-21, Pick up 11-24.
Happy Black Friday pickup! Enjoy and welcome in!

Reactions
Vehicle
23 Ford Explorer
Congrats Pam... I hope it arrives in good condition. I'm still waiting on my Platinum with the same dates as yours!
I hope yours comes soon too. Keep me posted. Keeping fingers crossed all looks good Friday. Been waiting so long it’s almost surreal. .

Nassamih

Reactions
Vehicle
ford explorer 2020 platinum
Hi to all and sorry for my bad english. I've bought ford explorer platinum 2020 with 360 camera view system and getting an error with black/blue screen when turning to reverse after some minutes from restart. If i turn reverse directly after restart camera is working fine. I've found that my car is under recall 23S23/23V342, but unfortunately there is no ford dealers in my country.
Can somebody tell me from what parts or software 23s23 recall consists? If you give me part numbers it will be ideal.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray
Hi to all and sorry for my bad english. I've bought ford explorer platinum 2020 with 360 camera view system and getting an error with black/blue screen when turning to reverse after some minutes from restart. If i turn reverse directly after restart camera is working fine. I've found that my car is under recall 23S23/23V342, but unfortunately there is no ford dealers in my country.
Can somebody tell me from what parts or software 23s23 recall consists? If you give me part numbers it will be ideal.
This should have the info you're looking for:

Attachments

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
This is what i found elsewhere. But with no dealer to program I don't know how you can install and have it work.

Recall consists of:

Part PB5Z-13234-B ------- Wiring and SOC
Part JL7Z-19G490-F ------- 23S23 Camera

When replacing a camera, it does need to be programmed to the vehicle which a dealer needs to do. A 3rd party mechanic may have access to it through their computers but it is not plug and play, it requires programming.

Reactions
Vehicle
23 Ford Explorer
Well, black Friday pick up didn't go so smooth. Explorer is black and there was a small dent and scratches on passenger side. Refused to take it until they fixed it. Fast forward 2 weeks, picked it up Saturday and now only dealing with the manager (sales guy is an A!!), with a capital A, and just love it. It is nicer than I thought it would even be. Getting it ceramic glazed this week and taking it on a road trip this Friday.

King7878

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer ST
Well 7 months and my ST biuld finally left the plant on a long train ride across the country. Will be interesting to see if it shows up before or after Christmas. Fingers crossed 2 bolt rear diff.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Well, black Friday pick up didn't go so smooth. Explorer is black and there was a small dent and scratches on passenger side. Refused to take it until they fixed it. Fast forward 2 weeks, picked it up Saturday and now only dealing with the manager (sales guy is an A!!), with a capital A, and just love it. It is nicer than I thought it would even be. Getting it ceramic glazed this week and taking it on a road trip this Friday.
Congrats... long time coming. It's such a relief to move past it all and enjoy my vehicle, I'm glad you're on that same path now too.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Haha! I had the tracker open every time that my machine went out of sleep mode, it became a bad habit! Enjoy the new ride, definitely enjoying the Bronco and not dealing with missing bolts, auto parking brakes, and the worries of what my car would look like after sitting in Chicago abandoned for 6 months. Lot rot was my biggest concern, and my dealer had some Broncos that sat for months as well - they came in with weird issues ranging from paint chips, squeakier interiors and suspensions, and other misc damage. Less to worry about this way! You have nothing to regret by picking up the one that you did - enjoy!!
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2023/MC-10244849-0001.pdf

Agitator

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Platinum Explorer
Pam, I'm glad you're enjoying your new ride. Mine is still in production hell.
Has anyone been by the plant or storage yard? I was wondering if they were moving Explorers that are growing to the parking lot?

Reactions
Vehicle
23 Ford Explorer
Pam, I'm glad you're enjoying your new ride. Mine is still in production hell.
Has anyone been by the plant or storage yard? I was wondering if they were moving Explorers that are growing to the parking lot?
Any updates? Here’s hoping you got it!

Agitator

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Platinum Explorer
Actually no. Tracker was updated on 12/24 to built, then shipped on 12/26. I was called by Ford PR late afternoon of 12/26 saying it was loaded on rail car headed for Buffalo. 12/27 my salesman called and said it was in Buffalo awaiting tranport back to the dealer in Erie. So, the wait continues. I did email the owner prior to T'giving asking what could be done. Salesman said he was not happy and he got a HOT classification put on it. Thx for asking, I'll keep you posted.

Youngman1

Reactions
Vehicle
2024 Explorer ST
New to this group, thanks for the add. I have a 2024 ST I'm waiting delivery on that was built 1/7/24. The build sheet shows the $500 360-degree camera delete credit along with the $150 reverse brake assist delete credit. One option it does come with is the $355 active park assist 2.0. My confusion is, does the park assist not require the 360-degree camera or does it just rely on sensors? All the videos online I see for the park assist show the 360 camera view on the screen while the car parks itself. Thanks.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Active park assist uses the sensors only. I had to look it up as I wasn't sure. Also I have never used and should take to time to learn it.

Agitator

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Platinum Explorer
Any updates? Here’s hoping you got it!

I finally got it!!! 265 Days from the day we ordered it to the day it was on the dealer's lot. It was listed on the tracker as "in production" for 158 days, before moving to production. Couldn't be happier with the vehicle and the color is exceptional. The dealer did get involved the last 15 days to get it moving after I contacted the owner. In my opinion Ford was the only winner here. People, like us waited too long and the dealers took it on the chin from the customer. Noone was kept informed on the true status.

Thanks to everyone on this Forum. I was very informative on this topic and probably kept many people from jumping off the bridge knowing others were suffering the same issues.

Enjoy them when you get them. In some cases, "Drive them like you stole them!" Status Sheet.png Status Sheet.png Explorer 1.jpg Explorer 2.jpg Status Sheet.png Explorer 1.jpg Explorer 2.jpg Status Sheet.png Explorer 1.jpg Explorer 2.jpg Explorer 1.jpg Explorer 2.jpg

Agitator

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Platinum Explorer
Sorry for all the pictures. Not sure what went wrong

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your new ride.

King7878

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer ST
It finally showed up on Christmas day at dealership. Less than a month in and ceramic coating and undercoating done. Hood lift rams and cpm model plate installed. So dam happy.

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
It finally showed up on Christmas day at dealership. Less than a month in and ceramic coating and undercoating done. Hood lift rams and cpm model plate installed. So dam happy.
Congrats and enjoy!