Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Recall 23S23 360 Degree Camera Stop Sale

St3Ven

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Hello all,

I started this thread as a resource for updates on the current recall on the Explorer ST regarding the 360 Degree Camera. Ford issued this recall on May 12th, 2023. Ford also stopped sales of Explorer St's produced before May 2nd, 2023.

This is what I have discovered so far.
Recall affects all Explorers from 2020-2023 produced before May 2nd, 2023
The recalled part was introduced into production on 10/19/2018 and was taken out of production on 05/02/2023.
Explorer's produced after this date do not seem to be affected according to Ford's recall lookup. (https://www.ford.com/support/recalls/)
You can lookup the production date by looking at the last 6 on the Window Sticker (see attached picture).

If anyone has any updates or useful information, please share.

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I thought this issue was resolved.

OP
S

St3Ven

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3

The video you posted says it's for 2011-2019 Explorer. What I am trying to do is get a central location where people can post information, tips, or any useful information pertaining the 2020-2023 Explorer recall. Dealers will not sell any new Explorer, nor do they have any information about when they will be able to sell Explorers with the recalled part. Ford also does not have any information regarding the fix or an ETA. The only way that you can get a new one now is if you manage to get one that was produced after May 2nd, 2023 and all of those are in transit.

OP
S

St3Ven

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
Found this information on another post from another user:

New info is its a hardware issue now not software and those cameras likely wont be available until September at the earliest.
Chicago Speedway is the parking lot for 20K Explorers and Lincoln's right now waiting for those parts before they can ship.

Attachments

gt2k2

Reactions
Vehicle
Grand Cherokee - ST Next?
Historically when Ford has a stop sale order, when they fix these and start getting them out again, do they offer incentives to help pick up sales flow?

I’m a perspective buyer and I would think after they just blocked months of sales and have a new revision coming in the ‘24 model, they’re going to offer some juicy incentives. Any thoughts on the likelihood of that?

David-NY

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Hello all,

I started this thread as a resource for updates on the current recall on the Explorer ST regarding the 360 Degree Camera. Ford issued this recall on May 12th, 2023. Ford also stopped sales of Explorer St's produced before May 2nd, 2023.

This is what I have discovered so far.
Recall affects all Explorers from 2020-2023 produced before May 2nd, 2023
The recalled part was introduced into production on 10/19/2018 and was taken out of production on 05/02/2023.
Explorer's produced after this date do not seem to be affected according to Ford's recall lookup. (https://www.ford.com/support/recalls/)
You can lookup the production date by looking at the last 6 on the Window Sticker (see attached picture).

If anyone has any updates or useful information, please share.
Anyone have a build after 5/2/23 and received delivery ???? I have a build this month on 7/22 and am trying to figure out if mine will be delivered or do I need to go shopping .... Thanks !!!

Reactions

I just checked my 2020 explorer and it does not use the same connectors as the previous generation explorer. I inspected all of the wiring and all looked good. I did find a nut floating around and found it belonged to the center stud that holds the rear spoiler on! I know this is a known issue with these nuts being loose.

Vaeevictiss

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST, 2021 Mustang GT
So im guessing the explorer i got reserved last month that the dealer said "wont take long to get fixed" will infact take long to get fixed. And those assholes wanted me to start the loan on a damn vehicle i couldnt even take home. Thinking i might as well just back out of this one and waiting for the '24s at this point.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
So im guessing the explorer i got reserved last month that the dealer said "wont take long to get fixed" will infact take long to get fixed. And those assholes wanted me to start the loan on a damn vehicle i couldnt even take home. Thinking i might as well just back out of this one and waiting for the '24s at this point.
Yeah I love that, start paying for a car you have no idea when you will receive it. Granted dealers are in a tough spot with availability issues but I have to wonder about any person that would go along with that idea.

OnePiece91

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Yeah I love that, start paying for a car you have no idea when you will receive it. Granted dealers are in a tough spot with availability issues but I have to wonder about any person that would go along with that idea.
Sadly, my wife and I were those suckers lured into the trap of getting a 23 with the manager of the dealership reassuring us that the problem "has been out for awhile now and will be fixed any day". They even further sweetened the deal by not scheduling our first payment until the end of September. Thankfully we have another vehicle so we are not hurting for a new car but the Explorer we purchased is now just sitting on the lot and my family and I have to keep getting a run around on when we can take the vehicle home. We already feel pretty dumb so id rather not get hazed on here for that lol. I just hope the issue gets fixed soon (fingers crossed).

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Sorry to hear! I feel for you. Persuasive lying dealers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OnePiece91

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Sorry to hear! I feel for you. Persuasive lying dealers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am trying to see if there is a way i can submit a formal complaint to maybe get some sort of compensation but i know its also fault on my part for being groomed into signing the papers. We absolutely loved the ST and it is my wifes first time picking her new car. Doesn't help that she is preggers so she's extra cranky lol!

MT3538

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ST
We bought a brand new ST on 5/18. The car was brought in from another dealership on 5/20 for us to pick up. When we got there and the paperwork, they brought the vehicle around then told us we couldn’t take the car home due to the recall. We were never told of the recall until then.

They told us it’s nothing serious to come back 5/22 and the issue would be fixed as none of their techs were available on the weekends to fix the recall. So naturally, we went ahead and finished the paperwork believing that the recall would be fixed.

we went back on 5/22 only to be told that the issue would be fixed next week but they needed our trade in because it was already set to be sold. They put us into a fully loaded XLT as a loaner which we had for a few weeks until they sent someone to our to pick it up because they sold it

They have since gave us a base XLT as a loaner and are refusing to answer any questions as to when the issue will be resolved.

Since we already signed for the vehicle believing the lie that it would be fixed that weekend, I’m paying for a car that’s sitting in the back of the ford dealership.

I still can’t believe a wavier can’t be signed and the vehicle brought back when the recall fix is ready. We never use the backup cameras and didn’t even want the 360 camera. I installed the factory 360 cameras on my 2016 F150 XLT and never once have I used it.

OnePiece91

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
We bought a brand new ST on 5/18. The car was brought in from another dealership on 5/20 for us to pick up. When we got there and the paperwork, they brought the vehicle around then told us we couldn’t take the car home due to the recall. We were never told of the recall until then.

They told us it’s nothing serious to come back 5/22 and the issue would be fixed as none of their techs were available on the weekends to fix the recall. So naturally, we went ahead and finished the paperwork believing that the recall would be fixed.

we went back on 5/22 only to be told that the issue would be fixed next week but they needed our trade in because it was already set to be sold. They put us into a fully loaded XLT as a loaner which we had for a few weeks until they sent someone to our to pick it up because they sold it

They have since gave us a base XLT as a loaner and are refusing to answer any questions as to when the issue will be resolved.

Since we already signed for the vehicle believing the lie that it would be fixed that weekend, I’m paying for a car that’s sitting in the back of the ford dealership.

I still can’t believe a wavier can’t be signed and the vehicle brought back when the recall fix is ready. We never use the backup cameras and didn’t even want the 360 camera. I installed the factory 360 cameras on my 2016 F150 XLT and never once have I used it.
Seems like a solid business plan though, "lets take their money but keep the car". The kicker is we traded in our Rav4 for the Explorer and technically the dealer owns our Rav now so now my wife and I are being extra careful with "their" car. The sales rep though was a good dude and was only being fed info by the manager so i dont blame him all too much.

MT3538

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ST
Seems like a solid business plan though, "lets take their money but keep the car". The kicker is we traded in our Rav4 for the Explorer and technically the dealer owns our Rav now so now my wife and I are being extra careful with "their" car. The sales rep though was a good dude and was only being fed info by the manager so i dont blame him all too much.
Well hopefully they don’t sell it out from under you like they did us. I found out from one of the mechanics that someone at the dealership actually bought our trade in Acura RDX.
I was actually told not to return to the dealership because I was there 2 weeks ago (since they won’t answer the phone) and over heard a salesperson trying to trap an older couple on an King Ranch explorer by saying it’s a minor recall that will be resolved by the time the car gets here. As soon as he left them alone, I told them why I was there and they were a little upset. I was asked by the GM not to return until the car is ready for pickup ‍♂️

Vaeevictiss

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle

How can they even do that on a vehicle you already purchased, own, and brought back? **** that. Id be getting the cops involved, report the vehicle stolen, or just use your other key and go get it back.

MT3538

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ST
How can they even do that on a vehicle you already purchased and brought back. **** that. Id be getting the cops involved, report the vehicle stolen, or just use your other key and go get it back.
We never actually got the ST, it’s still at the dealership. They wouldn’t even give us the keys. As far as the loaner they came and took back, we only had the 1 key to it.

Vaeevictiss

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
We never actually got the ST, it’s still at the dealership. They wouldn’t even give us the keys. As far as the loaner they came and took back, we only had the 1 key to it.
Oh ok. I misread that. I thought you already took delivery and brought it back for service and they held it.

MT3538

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ST
Oh ok. I misread that. I thought you already took delivery and brought it back for service and they held it.
I wish, I wouldn’t have took it back. It’s not even a feature we care about.

Vaeevictiss

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
I wish, I wouldn’t have took it back. It’s not even a feature we care about.
That's what's most aggravating. I get it's a "safety" thing, but come on. Backup cameras are a crutch. We used mirrors for how long?

Let me take my damn vehicle and if the camera goes out I'll use the mirrors until it can get fixed.