Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Recall 23S23 360 Degree Camera Stop Sale

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
With a few exceptions, customer service is dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Repeat!

This is across the board but especially with Ford!

JSal1105

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Repeat!

This is across the board but especially with Ford!
This is sad but true! I've received more information from the fabulous folks here in this forum than from the dealership/Ford and the sales rep confirmed that for me, he said, you're better off getting information from your forum because we don't know that much detail, HOW?!?! LOL He didn't know half the information I already knew from this team here. It's beyond even getting mad or trying to put anyone in their place because its across the board, it's sad, no one takes initiative or a couple of extra steps and/or thinks outside the box. My sales rep is a nice guy but has no clue...has said to me, "oh there was an update last week on your car but I didn't know what I meant so I didn't call you" I kid you not. IF you do find a decent rep, stick with them. We also run into the issue of upper management lacking and the "good" ppl end up leaving! Anyway, this team deserves a round of applause!! (y):cool:

GBG23

Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST

Agitator

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Platinum Explorer
This is sad but true! I've received more information from the fabulous folks here in this forum than from the dealership/Ford and the sales rep confirmed that for me, he said, you're better off getting information from your forum because we don't know that much detail, HOW?!?! LOL He didn't know half the information I already knew from this team here. It's beyond even getting mad or trying to put anyone in their place because its across the board, it's sad, no one takes initiative or a couple of extra steps and/or thinks outside the box. My sales rep is a nice guy but has no clue...has said to me, "oh there was an update last week on your car but I didn't know what I meant so I didn't call you" I kid you not. IF you do find a decent rep, stick with them. We also run into the issue of upper management lacking and the "good" ppl end up leaving! Anyway, this team deserves a round of applause!! (y):cool:
I agree with the good information on this forum. Both my salesperson and the people on Ford Chat and Customer Support have told my not to believe what I read on the forums, as it's not true in most cases.
Again thanks to this team.
Waiting on Platinum that was ordered 4-15 and went to production 7-19. Delivery keeps being pushed forward??? Crickets

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Just finalized our Bronco Wildtrak and took it home.

Unlocked my laptop... to the Explorer status page... refreshed it...

....aaaaand :

*facepalm*

View attachment 20248
When I drove my ST home in October, the wife told me to stop checking my tracker for the original build. I stopped checking it... daily anyway. Still checked it once a week lol.

Congrats on the Bronco! My salesdouche called me earlier this week and left a message saying my explorer had been shipped and was on the lot. I let him know I took his advice and went ahead and bought one already and to kindly bite me. I think my tracker showed it was built about a month after I purchased the non-360 camera ST and shipped two weeks after that. Kinda bitter, but not really. You never know the future... it could have been months longer. Plus I didn't like my sales guy anyway and I don't believe he would have given me the trade-in price I got at the other dealership, especially knowing how long I had been waiting. Plus the ST I bought wasn't sitting on a lot for months in the elements. I spent more money but don't have regrets! I hope you enjoy your Bronco and live your best life, homie! ;)

J368

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thanks!! Stone Blue Metallic

That's a great color. That's what color I just got a couple weeks too. I seem to like that color more and more every day.

Enjoy the ride...

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Exactly. I would totally understand if it were a powertrain or a safety issue without a backup system but it’s a camera. We got 3 mirrors for a reason. And it’s an intermittent issue at that.

this will definitely be our first and last new car and probably will be our last Ford. When the dust settles from this new car, I was considering trading in my truck for a Raptor R or a King Ranch or keeping it and getting a Mustang GT but I may be looking into other manufacturers.
Yea the dealer in Pa sold me a 2022 a few days ago! They weren't to worried about the camera... and neither was I, I wanted the car !!!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Tell your dealer that the software fix has been abandoned and now its a hardware replacement with September at the EARLIEST to get parts and then parts will be slow and hard to get. I would ask for your deposit back if you put one down.

Just look at the rear frame bolt issue, no bolts yet for us and I'm still driving a 21 ST that puts the Parking Brake on everytime it goes into park. Its been a year or almost a year since that nightmare started.
Wait, why does the parking brake go on? I'm new so bare with me if I'm asking dumb questions ...

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Wait, why does the parking brake go on? I'm new so bare with me if I'm asking dumb questions ...
I heard it's so it lessens the strain on the rear frame (due to them cheaping out with not enough bolts). Just picked up my 2023 and it does the auto parking brake as well, super annoying.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
The ebrake is so your ST doesn’t roll away when the 1 bolt to the diff breaks. Lame solution when the true solution is a 2 bolt crossmember

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Keep the faith. My ST was ordered in March and built in early May. Delivered to my dealer this weekend with 360 camera fixed. Waiting to sign for it based on available incentive/rebates for November. Test drove it yesterday. Picture is at dealer lot on Monday
Welcome to the forum.

JSal1105

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Just "built"...let's see how long this takes to ship...please send your good vibes & prayers!

View attachment 20288
For anyone in the same boat as me with their build dates...updated this morning to SHIPPED on 11/4. @Jerbroni you were right with the around 5 days after put into Built status.

1699278386881.png

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST (on order)
Hey all, wanted to update everyone that I picked up my explorer today. Order confirmed mid March, window sticker showed a blend date of may 3, ford erroneously said it was delivered to my dealership 10/28 and that was a whole fiasco, then it was finally delivered to dealer 11/04, picked up tonight. It’s in good shape and still has some new car smell despite sitting for a while outside. The inside of the rims were a little dirty even after dealer prep (they missed that), but otherwise it checked out. Good luck to all those still waiting, I have to imagine it can’t be much longer before they clear out the bottle neck

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Hey all, wanted to update everyone that I picked up my explorer today. Order confirmed mid March, window sticker showed a blend date of may 3, ford erroneously said it was delivered to my dealership 10/28 and that was a whole fiasco, then it was finally delivered to dealer 11/04, picked up tonight. It’s in good shape and still has some new car smell despite sitting for a while outside. The inside of the rims were a little dirty even after dealer prep (they missed that), but otherwise it checked out. Good luck to all those still waiting, I have to imagine it can’t be much longer before they clear out the bottle neck
Smooth! Hope you enjoy!
Looks like you have the street pack ... or maybe even performance. :)

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer ST
Yes they are finally being delivered. I picked up mine this past Saturday. I agree with cityline that the dealer prep did not meet my expectations. The inside of my rims were dirty too with only 67 miles showing but it’s easy enough to reach inside. I’m scheduled to get mine ceramic coated including the rims next week. Good luck with your ST now that the wait is over.

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer Platinum
Yes they are finally being delivered. I picked up mine this past Saturday. I agree with cityline that the dealer prep did not meet my expectations. The inside of my rims were dirty too with only 67 miles showing but it’s easy enough to reach inside. I’m scheduled to get mine ceramic coated including the rims next week. Good luck with your ST now that the wait is over.
Exactly the same with me too! Picking mine up this Saturday, looked it over last Saturday and it also had 67 miles on it, pretty dirty too..hopefully they’ll spiff it up before delivery.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer ST
Do your black plastic pillar posts have light swirl marks/scratches?

GBG23

Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Exactly the same with me too! Picking mine up this Saturday, looked it over last Saturday and it also had 67 miles on it, pretty dirty too..hopefully they’ll spiff it up before delivery.
Mine was the same way with about the same mileage when I got it. Probably got the mileage from storing them on the Raceway til they got the parts for the camera. Took a while for me to clean up the rims too. Enjoy your new vehicle!!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Nice! Enjoy!