Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Recall 23S23 360 Degree Camera Stop Sale

Reactions
Vehicle
23 Ford Explorer
So disgusted already. Ordered 4-2 and stuck in production still since 7-19. Chat is useless, Ford Marketing is useless. Now they are using the strike as the excuse. I wonder if I will ever get this King Ranch.

Now chat says delivery 11-5 to 11-9 and we know that's a crock.

Agitator

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Platinum Explorer
Other than my order date of 4-15 our dates are the same for my Platinum. My feelings are also the same as yours. For did tell me last night that my Platinum was assigned to a shipper. But, who knows how long that will take.

Hopefully, we will get some incentives from FORD???????????

Reactions
Vehicle
23 Ford Explorer
Other than my order date of 4-15 our dates are the same for my Platinum. My feelings are also the same as yours. For did tell me last night that my Platinum was assigned to a shipper. But, who knows how long that will take.

Hopefully, we will get some incentives from FORD???????????
Let's hope so. I did read that on Ford Authority that they weren't offering any incentives on Explorers for November. I still think they should do something for us. The lack of communication is not acceptable or professional on their part.

DotDubya99

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ST
Longtime lurker here, wanted to finally add in my good news - picked up our ST about a week ago which was a total surprise. I had been checking our tracker daily until suddenly our salesman called to say we could pick up our car the next day. Tracker had updated to “order confirmed” (aka shipped) and 24 hours later it was marked “final preparation” at the dealership. We waited about 30 days from the final “built” date (9/28).

Like others said, it arrived pretty dirty especially the wheels, but more importantly, one of the side view mirrors had a few minor scratches. The dealership totally took care of it no problem, but it was odd to find on a brand new car. So definitely check your vehicles thoroughly before taking ownership. There are also a few random blemishes around the sides but they come out with polishing.

Car came with 80 miles which I was annoyed about but guess that’s also in line with others’ experiences.

Anyway, just happy to have our ride finally. Sending good luck and godspeed to others still waiting!

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
When I drove my ST home in October, the wife told me to stop checking my tracker for the original build. I stopped checking it... daily anyway. Still checked it once a week lol.

Congrats on the Bronco! My salesdouche called me earlier this week and left a message saying my explorer had been shipped and was on the lot. I let him know I took his advice and went ahead and bought one already and to kindly bite me. I think my tracker showed it was built about a month after I purchased the non-360 camera ST and shipped two weeks after that. Kinda bitter, but not really. You never know the future... it could have been months longer. Plus I didn't like my sales guy anyway and I don't believe he would have given me the trade-in price I got at the other dealership, especially knowing how long I had been waiting. Plus the ST I bought wasn't sitting on a lot for months in the elements. I spent more money but don't have regrets! I hope you enjoy your Bronco and live your best life, homie! ;)
Haha! I had the tracker open every time that my machine went out of sleep mode, it became a bad habit! Enjoy the new ride, definitely enjoying the Bronco and not dealing with missing bolts, auto parking brakes, and the worries of what my car would look like after sitting in Chicago abandoned for 6 months. Lot rot was my biggest concern, and my dealer had some Broncos that sat for months as well - they came in with weird issues ranging from paint chips, squeakier interiors and suspensions, and other misc damage. Less to worry about this way! You have nothing to regret by picking up the one that you did - enjoy!!

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Haha! I had the tracker open every time that my machine went out of sleep mode, it became a bad habit! Enjoy the new ride, definitely enjoying the Bronco and not dealing with missing bolts, auto parking brakes, and the worries of what my car would look like after sitting in Chicago abandoned for 6 months. Lot rot was my biggest concern, and my dealer had some Broncos that sat for months as well - they came in with weird issues ranging from paint chips, squeakier interiors and suspensions, and other misc damage. Less to worry about this way! You have nothing to regret by picking up the one that you did - enjoy!!
Your absolutely right. Lot Rot is a real thing, I can just imagine those rear brakes being released after 6 months with that ridiculous software that engages parking brake on flat ground. I went away for two weeks and upon driving mine for the first time the parking brake release was like a shotgun going off. Never mind the rain then freezing then snow, then warming then back to freezing.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
The ebrake is so your ST doesn’t roll away when the 1 bolt to the diff breaks. Lame solution when the true solution is a 2 bolt crossmember

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Got my ST Sunday night and I had ordered a steeda rear doff brave and looked under and there is a 4 bolt rear in it ! Woohoo!

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Got my ST Sunday night and I had ordered a steeda rear doff brave and looked under and there is a 4 bolt rear in it ! Woohoo!
Welcome to the forum

Reactions
Vehicle
23 Ford Explorer
OMG, opened up my tracker as I do ever single day, and low and behold, BUILT 11-15.:) Let's hope it doesn't take long to get from Chicago to Cleveland. Anyway, thought I'd share my good news and hope everyone starts getting good news.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Longtime lurker here, wanted to finally add in my good news - picked up our ST about a week ago which was a total surprise. I had been checking our tracker daily until suddenly our salesman called to say we could pick up our car the next day. Tracker had updated to “order confirmed” (aka shipped) and 24 hours later it was marked “final preparation” at the dealership. We waited about 30 days from the final “built” date (9/28).

Like others said, it arrived pretty dirty especially the wheels, but more importantly, one of the side view mirrors had a few minor scratches. The dealership totally took care of it no problem, but it was odd to find on a brand new car. So definitely check your vehicles thoroughly before taking ownership. There are also a few random blemishes around the sides but they come out with polishing.

Car came with 80 miles which I was annoyed about but guess that’s also in line with others’ experiences.

Anyway, just happy to have our ride finally. Sending good luck and godspeed to others still waiting!
Congrats and welcome to the forum.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
OMG, opened up my tracker as I do ever single day, and low and behold, BUILT 11-15.:) Let's hope it doesn't take long to get from Chicago to Cleveland. Anyway, thought I'd share my good news and hope everyone starts getting good news.
Welcome to the forum.

jetboi550

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Welcome to the forum.
GOOD NEWS! My 2023 ST went from in production (7-20-23) to BUILT 11-13-23. Called dealer and it shows arriving at dealer 11-20 to 11-27 so next week. I live in the Chicagoland area so it only has less than 15 miles to travel to my dealer. Also Dealer was able to pull the window sticker and it does not show a 360 delete credit. Wooo Hooo

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Bought our new '23 off the lot at the local dealer on 4-18 of this year. A few weeks later the recall came out. Parts arrived at the dealership for the recall last week and they were replaced last Friday. So far so good!

Reactions
Vehicle
23 Ford Explorer
GOOD NEWS! My 2023 ST went from in production (7-20-23) to BUILT 11-13-23. Called dealer and it shows arriving at dealer 11-20 to 11-27 so next week. I live in the Chicagoland area so it only has less than 15 miles to travel to my dealer. Also Dealer was able to pull the window sticker and it does not show a 360 delete credit. Wooo Hooo
We almost have the same dates. I called Ford and they told me today shipping 11-19-11-25 via truck. Can’t think it would take more than a day to come to Cleveland! Exciting.

Carbon ST

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
New Owner ordered 3/14/23 ,production 05/04/23 , built 10/29/23 ,Shipped 11/03/23, delivered 11/15/23 .
2023 carbonized gray 401a bench seat 3 bolt rear

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
New Owner ordered 3/14/23 ,production 05/04/23 , built 10/29/23 ,Shipped 11/03/23, delivered 11/15/23 .
2023 carbonized gray 401a bench seat 3 bolt rear
Welcome to the forum.

De_Stiller1948

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Dealer notified me of recall and ordered work to done. Came to my home and picked up ST and bought it back in a few hours. Never had the problem occur so guess it’s good to go now. I put my baby in valet mode so no one could wring her out.

Reactions
Vehicle
23 Ford Explorer
Very excited to share, IT'S FINALLY IN! Dealer called and it was just unloaded off of the truck. Picking it up Friday at 10 AM. :cool:
Ordered 4-2, Production 7-19, Built 11-15, Shipped 11-20, Arrived @ dealer 11-21, Pick up 11-24.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Very excited to share, IT'S FINALLY IN! Dealer called and it was just unloaded off of the truck. Picking it up Friday at 10 AM. :cool:
Ordered 4-2, Production 7-19, Built 11-15, Shipped 11-20, Arrived @ dealer 11-21, Pick up 11-24.
Congrads Welcome to the forum