Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

EXPLORER ST DRIVING SCHOOL REGISTRATION IS OPEN!

Reactions
Booked Park City, Aug. Thanks for sharing the link

Reactions
Has anyone gone and NOT had a great time? If so please give details, even if it's in a private message. My wife is concerned about being in the ST all day, she's almost wanting to stay at the hotel and walk around the Biltmore.

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
You're not really in the car all day. There is a stop along the Blue Ridge Parkway, another for lunch at a Country Club whose name escapes me, and then the afternoon at the driving course where you're in and out of the car quite a few times. She can even opt out of this part and just watch if she wants. The hotel is too far from the actual Biltmore Estate to walk, and I'm not sure if they have shuttle running yet.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Cap Tom pretty well summoned it up.

5LTR550

Reactions
Were booked for may 25-26!!!!! Yeeee
Utah

Boss240

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST, 2012 Boss Mustang, 2019 Audi S4
Does this apply to us who have leased an ST or only people who bought the vehicle. Thanks

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Hmmmm? I didn't go to the Ford driving events for my Focus RS or the Raptor, so maybe I'll try the Ashville event for the SUV! LOL We've been there a few times with a Mazda Miata Club events, but nothing for Ford Performance.

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Does this apply to us who have leased an ST or only people who bought the vehicle. Thanks
Lease or buy, you're invited. Have fun!

Reactions
Ok

Booked the wife and I for 7/18 and 7/19 in Asheville! Debating how many extra days to book for ourselves, now. Figure I will have the vaccine by then (hopefully)!

All signed up 6/2 & 6/3 Paek City

I called and spoke with the Performance School today. As my ST won’t be built until March I have no VIN. There’s apparently no way around the registration without a VIN. I tried to see if they could talk to my dealer and verify that this vehicle had indeed been paid for but they simply said it couldn’t be done. It’s not all bad, the good news is that they told me only a fraction of the class dates have been released. He assured me that there will be open classes come March when mine is to be delivered.
²²I have quite

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

minuteman3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Signed up for 25/26 May in Park City. Hoping for good weather!!

Ken

19bullitt

Reactions
Has anyone gone and NOT had a great time? If so please give details, even if it's in a private message. My wife is concerned about being in the ST all day, she's almost wanting to stay at the hotel and walk around the Biltmore.
When are you at the Biltmore?

Reactions
Is it worth doing? Is there an itinerary of the day or of the different skills we're shown?

Reactions
Thanks
Think that's where I'd like to go. Being a Florida Flatlander, kind of fun seeing the ground poke up like that

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Is it worth doing? Is there an itinerary of the day or of the different skills we're shown?
It starts with a drivers meeting. Then they assign you a car and it's a drive through the mountains with a stop mid morning. Noontime you stop at a Country Club, the name escapes me, for lunch. Then it's on to a private, paved lot where they set up various courses and show you how to run them. First is a high speed lane change and emergency stop. After that is a skid car, where they teach you how to control both front and rear wheel skids.They set up a course, marked with cones, that includes several tight turns and short straightaways. Both of you get to try all of these, or if your passenger doesn't want to you get the extra attempts. There is also a drill where you drive straight at the rear of a mocked up car and let the automatic braking stop you. It's hairy the first time until you realize the thing actually works. They will also let you try the self parking feature if you want. My wife doesn't drive, and isn't really a "car person". This was her first time in anything close to a performance run and she had a ball with the whole thing.

Reactions
Park City May 20-21. Looking forward to the day. Wonder if they have a gift shop. The Raptor school did 3 yrs ago.

Reactions
It starts with a drivers meeting. Then they assign you a car and it's a drive through the mountains with a stop mid morning. Noontime you stop at a Country Club, the name escapes me, for lunch. Then it's on to a private, paved lot where they set up various courses and show you how to run them. First is a high speed lane change and emergency stop. After that is a skid car, where they teach you how to control both front and rear wheel skids.They set up a course, marked with cones, that includes several tight turns and short straightaways. Both of you get to try all of these, or if your passenger doesn't want to you get the extra attempts. There is also a drill where you drive straight at the rear of a mocked up car and let the automatic braking stop you. It's hairy the first time until you realize the thing actually works. They will also let you try the self parking feature if you want. My wife doesn't drive, and isn't really a "car person". This was her first time in anything close to a performance run and she had a ball with the whole thing.
Thanks, that's the info I was looking for