Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

EXPLORER ST DRIVING SCHOOL REGISTRATION IS OPEN!

Jwbreeding

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Reactions
I'm going to try and sign up for march otherwise I'm going to miss out on mine due to upcoming deployment.

F=MA

Reactions
I can't wait. Do we get to do this?

Last edited:
Reactions
Going to Park City June16/17. I've been watching some videos and can't wait!

Reactions
Just Booked on Ashenville, July 7-8. Trying to get an additional night, it's an 8 hr drive for us. Unfortunately, I stayed on hold for about 15 mins only to be told to leave a message and they will get back to me tomorrow.

Reactions
May 23-24 Asheville. Can't wait

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
I did the Explorer ST Experience driving school course in Asheville NC last July (2020). It was a total blast. They give you a loaner ST, so you won't be driving your own vehicle. You'll definitely get a really good sense of the performance capability of the vehicle. I especially liked the timed runs through the cones, and the skid control demo, also the emergency automatic braking demo is an eye opener. Every car was equipped with a radio, so the instructors in the lead car can talk to all of the drivers and provide running commentary as the caravan drives through the NC countryside to the performance track. If you're planning on bringing a non-service dog, you'll end up having to make your own hotel arrangements, because the Biltmore hotel that was providing the free room did not allow pets. Thus my wife ended up staying with the dog in our own hotel, and did not attend the event. Just about everyone else had their spouse or a family member with them. You'll get some nice swag when the course is over: an ST backpack, black ST car badge, free tix to tour the Biltmore, etc.. Definitely a high-quality event, lots of fun, and you'll learn a ton. (Pro Tip: on the timed runs through the cones, put the transmission in first gear and leave it there. Sounds crazy, but my fastest runs happened when I did it. I didn't figure that out myself: one of the instructors told me.)
ST SUV Back Pack.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions
I did the Explorer ST Experience driving school course in Asheville NC last July (2020). It was a total blast. They give you a loaner ST, so you won't be driving your own vehicle. You'll definitely get a really good sense of the performance capability of the vehicle. I especially liked the timed runs through the cones, and the skid control demo, also the emergency automatic braking demo is an eye opener. Every car was equipped with a radio, so the instructors in the lead car can talk to all of the drivers and provide running commentary as the caravan drives through the NC countryside to the performance track. If you're planning on bringing a non-service dog, you'll end up having to make your own hotel arrangements, because the Biltmore hotel that was providing the free room did not allow pets. Thus my wife ended up staying with the dog in our own hotel, and did not attend the event. Just about everyone else had their spouse or a family member with them. You'll get some nice swag when the course is over: an ST backpack, black ST car badge, free tix to tour the Biltmore, etc.. Definitely a high-quality event, lots of fun, and you'll learn a ton. (Pro Tip: on the timed runs through the cones, put the transmission in first gear and leave it there. Sounds crazy, but my fastest runs happened when I did it. I didn't figure that out myself: one of the instructors told me.)
Thanks for the post. Thrilled to hear your time there was great. I'm looking forward to it! Guess I'll have to fight my wife for the backpack. Nice tip, hope I can remember to do that.

col1bwm

Reactions
Absolutely free, when I did it last year (July 2020). I assume that it is still free. It's a perq for Ford ST owners.
wow. that is awesome! i have had mine for 3 weeks so far and absolutely love it. I will sign up for the perq asap so that i can get the most out of this purchase. thanks!

Reactions
Wow. Finally the it is ooen for reservation. but will wait for my vaccine shot.

HopfFiber

Reactions
I reached out to the racing school and they confirmed there will be more dates added this year.

Reactions
We just signed up for Aug 1st in NC... Should be a blast.

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I attended the ST school in NC last fall. I honestly haven't had that much fun with some else's car since 1968, when the Police Department handed me the keys to a 440 Hemi powered Dodge sedan.

GTchick

Reactions
I just signed up for Park City July 8/9. I wasn't sure if I was still eligible. As I recall, I was told you had to do it within the first year of ownership. I hope I'm not disappointed. I've had a lot of fun doing similar driving schools for police training.

STig

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Took my son last year. He was one of the few to put an ST in a half spin with all wheel drive and traction control on. Instructor said it apparently takes a 17 year old with no fear.
Had fun thrashing a car that want mine.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Went NC last September and love it.

Redford307

Reactions
Can't wait to sign up!

Reactions
Anyone going to Ashville July 7-8th? The lovely wife and I will be there.