Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

EXPLORER ST DRIVING SCHOOL REGISTRATION IS OPEN!

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Reviving and "old" thread. Signed up for June 2023! Gunna be fun!

TwolIter

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST 401A Street Package
We have 2 tickets for June 29th this will be our second trip. See ya all soon. Gonna drive it like we stole it. Woohoo... :)

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I signed up for May 22-23 in Park City. Really looking forward to it.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I’m so pumped. I just booked for my wife and I on July 25-26 in Park City, UT. Last OG Delta hub I have left to visit also.

SR56

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I'm in for July 20 & 21, then staying Friday in downtown Asheville. Will head back through Tail of the Dragon for some twisties.

Coming from Orlando area if anyone else is going those days and wants to convoy.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Snoopyto

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
We booked Asheville July 5-6.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I'm going to Ashville May 11-12... only a week away!!! Wife and I can not wait. Staying an extra 2 nights at the hotel for a total of 3 nights.

Sport Mode

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
My wife and I went last October in Asheville after I purchased my 2022 Explorer ST. It was a blast! I swapped out the red ST badges with the black ones they give you signifying that you had the ST SUV experience. When we got home, my wife bought an Edge ST so we are set to go again this July. I highly recommend this to any Ford Explorer ST and Edge ST owner.

Sport Mode

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
We booked Asheville July 5-6.
Hello, my wife and I are also registered for Asheville July 5-6. We’re doing the Edge ST program this time, did the Explorer ST program last October. The experience is a group of both Explorer and Edge ST vehicles so we’ll see you at the dinner and presentation the night of July 5th. Greg

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
My wife and I just returned from our trip to Ashville Experience. It was amazing!!! And the Biltmore estate is so insanely amazing. We HIGHLY recommend staying a few extra days and enjoy the estate as it takes many days to experience it and the ST Experience keeps you pretty busy. You really get to beat up the ST with a track course, sudden lane change, and test the auto braking (my wife was in tears so scared the truck wouldn't stop, and all on video). They have cams in the car that you get to turn on and off and keep the memory card after the event! The 2 hour drive through the Blue Ridge Mountains is breathtaking.

Also, you get a set of black ST badges to replace your RED ones on your Explorer. The black ones are only available from the ST Experience, so that's how you know when someone's attended the experience.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
@mharris1984

I’m not sure I’ve posted this before. I think you’ll get a kick out of it…

Wife and I were in “their” ST, waiting patiently for our first exercise which was to be the sudden lane change and panic stop. I launched, avoided the cones and stood on the brakes. At that moment, there was a terrific KAPOW that rocked the cabin. I was sure I’d blown up their vehicle!

I drove around and got back into line for the next run. I had time to open the hatchback and found the cleaning crew had left their wet/dry vac, filled with pebbles, in the rear. It had flown forward and hit the seat backs under braking. From that point forward, my wife watched from the sidelines.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I experienced the power of ST brakes today.
I was backing up little bit faster than normal into a wall with some plants, and before I could understand what was happening, there was a big sound and car stopped stationary, as if it hit something.

I was relieved to know that it was just the reverse brake assist working and not really hitting the wall (I'm pretty sure I would have stopped in time).

Scared me and kids in the morning.. :eek:

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I experienced the power of ST brakes today.
I was backing up little bit faster than normal into a wall with some plants, and before I could understand what was happening, there was a big sound and car stopped stationary, as if it hit something.

I was relieved to know that it was just the reverse brake assist working and not really hitting the wall (I'm pretty sure I would have stopped in time).

Scared me and kids in the morning.. :eek:
That’s happened to me enough that it is quite annoying. Can’t back completely into a parking spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
@mharris1984

I’m not sure I’ve posted this before. I think you’ll get a kick out of it…

Wife and I were in “their” ST, waiting patiently for our first exercise which was to be the sudden lane change and panic stop. I launched, avoided the cones and stood on the brakes. At that moment, there was a terrific KAPOW that rocked the cabin. I was sure I’d blown up their vehicle!

I drove around and got back into line for the next run. I had time to open the hatchback and found the cleaning crew had left their wet/dry vac, filled with pebbles, in the rear. It had flown forward and hit the seat backs under braking. From that point forward, my wife watched from the sidelines.
LMAO!! thankfully there were no cleaning products left in our Experience vehicle! My wife and I each got 3 tries at it and she hit the last cone into the shift twice, and last time she nailed in. I got it perfect all three tries. I told them this is normal driving in rush hour traffic, LOL.. so I have years of experience of doing this in all my vehicles! But we really beat the hell out of those ST's. slamming on the brakes, cornering, steering hard, etc...

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Heading to Park City Tuesday! Gunna be fun!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
ill be at Park City on the 19th. ill be driving mine from California

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I just got back from Park City. I had a great time! Good info and swag!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I just got back from Park City. I had a great time! Good info and swag!
I'm planning to drive down there, July first week, from LA. Any pointers as to make the most out of the event.?

Still have not decided how to manage our 10 year and 5 year old, since wife want to join for the experience. If nothing works out, I might go alone.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Can't really think of anything. Have fun!

P.S. HWY 189 out of Provo is a much nicer drive (and less congested traffic) up to Park City. My GPS took me up to I-80 then back down. So took 189 coming home... much better.

Sport Mode

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
My wife and I did the Ford ST SUV Experience yesterday in Asheville, NC. I highly recommend this to any new Owner of an Explorer ST or Edge ST. This comes with these vehicles to the original owner. It is a terrific program. www.stsuvexperience.com

Attachments