Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
View attachment 13316 Just installed the aFe Intake today. I'm embarrassed to say how long it took me. Those hose clamps are my Kryptonite. You definitely need to have the right tools for the job (which I did) but having the right size tools is also important as there is so little room to move. But I refused to give up and got her done. I used two YouTube videos to prepare and guide me (Lethal and Ken Kyle Racing). I could see why it looked much easier if you have a helper (especially with those damn clamps).

Happy with the results... there is a noticeable sound as it now breathes much easier and the butt dyno feels a little something more up high. Looking to tackle the Whipple when I have more time next month.
where did you get the ford performance decal?

Reactions
where did you get the ford performance decal?
On ebay before I purchased the ST in 2020. Totally forgot I had it. I found it under a box in the garage.

Reactions
I finally removed the Explorer and ST badge. Took about 30mins total and the materials pictured I got into the wife's essential oils and the orange worked like a charm.

Attachments

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I love the inventiveness...but I hope the follow up post won't be "and then the paint started to peel". ;)

Reactions
I love the inventiveness...but I hope the follow up post won't be "and then the paint started to peel". ;)
Lol I said to my wife "well I wanted forged Green so let's see what happens" so far so good(y)

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Got bored and a little sick of black under the hood so i painted my intake before install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
That looks great the engine bay is gonna really pop!!
Thanks, just wanted to get some color. Pretty boring under the hood. Hoping i dont scar it too bad installing

Reactions
Thanks, just wanted to get some color. Pretty boring under the hood. Hoping i dont scar it too bad installing

I'd wrap it in some plastic wrap before the install just the exposed parts. Then Unwrap it once it's in? Might work

Ramma

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Got bored and a little sick of black under the hood so i painted my intake before install.

looks good, post some pics once installed

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer Platinum

Knowing the kind of work you turn out, I'd say that if you're reasonablely careful, you'll be fine.
20220618_193046.jpg

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Let mine sit while I ran errands in the Mustang. Too bad it's too hot for top-down.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Sorry for the wait on the reply… I used a hair dryer to pull it tight.
no problem, I did the same just to make sure it was tight.

enthalpy

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Axle back mbrp pipes, blacked out st logos with plastidip. Steeda lowering springs next, then intake.

Attachments