Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What did your Ford Explorer ST replace?

iBobFX4

Reactions
Was it a lease return or you just wanted something new?
Wasn't a lease... we purchased it used. Was just exiting warranty period and I couldn't resist the ST. Haha.

The dealership that I go to does not buy their used vehicles at auction so they depend on trade ins. They were motivated because our Explorer was in great condition. In fact, they sold it the very next day.

Reactions
Wasn't a lease... we purchased it used. Was just exiting warranty period and I couldn't resist the ST. Haha.

The dealership that I go to does not buy their used vehicles at auction so they depend on trade ins. They were motivated because our Explorer was in great condition. In fact, they sold it the very next day.
Gotcha. Glad it wasn't any reliability issues.

ethics05

Reactions
Sold my 2015 Explorer Limited on Autotrader for $18,900 on morning of 1/2/2020 wired into account and headed to Tampa to do the ST deal and drove ST away by 3pm. Took 2 hrs to get to Tampa. Fast deal, but prepared days ahead of time for it. Glad it all came together in a heart beat last minute as it was the last day for incentives in FL.

Ky8530

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
2014 Ford Flex awd

beST_1

Reactions
2003 Mercury Mountaineer Premier V8. Still rolling after 17+ years and nearly 323,000 miles...got my money's worth, and then some...and then some more...

Reactions
2017 F350......still not use to the size difference

aeg.jpg

KegsBdry

Reactions
2017 Dodge Charger Scat Pack Photo Feb 25, 7 42 00 AM.jpg

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
2015 BMW X1. Miss the ride and handling but love the new tech.

20140922_144319.jpg IMG_3883.JPG

Last edited:

UtesFanRy

Reactions
2018 Ford Explorer Sport. I absolutely hated it coming from an SHO.
What year was your SHO?

My ST replaced a 2017 Explorer Sport that replaced a 2014 SHO Performance Pkg. I'm with you, I never really warmed up to the 17 after the SHO either. The ST, however. Damn. That feels like the true replacement to my beloved SHO to me... :cool:

Reactions
RX350. Nice ride and gawd do I miss the Levinson sound system's clarity. But, it just got too pedestrian and the ST was my mid-life crisis proxy for a Harley-Davidson.

SpeedOften

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
2011 Mazda CX9.. which was basically a 2011 Ford Flex with different sheet metal... A lot of the mechanical parts had Ford part numbers.

hbalek

Reactions
2011 Mazda CX9.. which was basically a 2011 Ford Flex with different sheet metal... A lot of the mechanical parts had Ford part numbers.
If I'm not mistaken, the CX-9 was on the Edge platform not the Flex. Flex, Explorer and Taurus were from Volvo platform not Mazda.