Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What did your Ford Explorer ST replace?

Reactions
2018 F-150 Lariat FX4... miss the Guard color that’s it so far.

Reactions
How did you like the new Ranger?
I wasn’t impressed. A few things: the appearance inside and out was dull and boring, lack of powertrain options, and no optional sunroof.

Reactions
I wasn’t impressed. A few things: the appearance inside and out was dull and boring, lack of powertrain options, and no optional sunroof.
I was very excited when Ford decided to bring back the Ranger, then when I went to sit in it at the car show it felt really tight for me. Had the chair pushed all the way back and I still wasn't comfortable. Surprised to hear Ford didn't have a sunroof option.

dopot

Reactions
2016 Explorer Platinum with 29950 miles

JohnD

Reactions
2015 GMC Sierra Denali 1500

Gibson

Reactions
05 Tundra SR5 & 04 Audi A8 - best of both worlds but kept truck for camp.

kgRN

Reactions
08' Scion XD. Got my big girl job, ready for an upgrade!

JustinST

Reactions
2013 Focus ST... Still have it.. need to sell.. but I will REALLY miss that car.

Reactions
2016 Explorer Sport

Lexie

Reactions
I traded in our 16 Tahoe. Nothing wrong with it at all. Been driving Tahoes for last 16 years and love them to death. But, thw wife decided she wanted something newer and a bit smaller. We drove the Caddy XT6 but felt it was a tad to small. Then we drove the ST and we both fell in love with it. Couldnt be happier with our decision. Plus, it had way more features than the Caddy which in my opinion is just wrong. GM is slipping. 20190829_200052.jpg

Reactions
After leasing '13, '14, '17 Escapes, all 2.0 EcoBoost Titanium which I think is one of the BEST driving SUV's, I turned 70. Having had some really hot sh*t when I was young & foolish (i.e. '80 Vette w/ 9# Turbo, 97 octane, 104+ octane booster, and some alcohol. and a stock '65 365 GTC Daytona running the same gas mix..I was a Texaco distributor.), I ran those Escapes pretty hard, binary...gas-on, gas-off.

Anyhow, I've had "pulling a small but comfortable travel trailer around" on my bucket list, and since both my grandfather and father checked out @ 75, I figure I better get going... I needed something to pull 5500 lbs & the ST does 5600. I love tech, period. Since I retired as a Director of IT for the Space Shuttle Program, the tech packages have had to be there.

On a stretch of straight & level 4-lane which I know like the back of my hand, I ran that Ferrari to 155 before backing off at the bridge. With the ST (tech & street options) on 93 octane, I lifted at the same place. Speedo said 137. Fellas, she was in no way ready to back off. No struggling, no weakening. If it really tops at 143, there's a governor that can be "adjusted".. That 10-speed is a thing of beauty! On the downside, at dawn there was very little breeze, and there are trees on both sides. At about 130, it started buffeting. It stayed straight, but felt "wobbly".

In 4000 mi. I'm averaging 14-16 mpg on 87 octane. I think I was getting better with the 93? Anybody checked that out, yet?

After 500 mi. around New England, it pulls the trailer very well. At 55 mph, we get 10 mpg. At 65, we get 7. I'm headed to Florida in March. After the ±5500 mi trip, I'll know a bit more.

PJ

TJST

Reactions
Audi A3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk